My 4th dan test break

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that. BTW I noticed that you used your left hand for the break. Are you just a typical "lefty" or do you have some disability with your right hand? I ask this since I am working to "compensate" for a minor "disability" in my left ankle which I'm damned if I'll let stop me from advancing in my chosen art. Fortunately, I have a great instructor who has been willing to work with me on this!

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that. BTW I noticed that you used your left hand for the break. Are you just a typical "lefty" or do you have some disability with your right hand? I ask this since I am working to "compensate" for a minor "disability" in my left ankle which I'm damned if I'll let stop me from advancing in my chosen art. Fortunately, I have a great instructor who has been willing to work with me on this!

I have right-side affected Cerebral Palsy. I have limited use of my right hand & I walk with a slight limp.

That's great that you have an instructor that "get's it". You have a great attitude. Keep training & doing what you enjoy!

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
A high school classmate of mine had a disease that severely affected his motor skills and ended up causing him to pass away a few years after high school. His parents enrolled him in my class his junior or senior year to try and get his muscle working as much as possibly, I think in a futile effort to slow a process that there was no way of slowing down. Still, as limited as he was, we worked with him and awarded him his yellow belt based on him performing to the best of his ability. Unfortunately he couldn't continue on long enough to advance further, he was wheelchair bound I think within 18 months of that.

J Ellis

Green Belt
Reaction score
Nice job! Good looking break. Best wishes on your upcoming rank exam.

kungfu penguin

Green Belt
Reaction score
it is nice seeing a "disabled" person show that they too are capable i have arms six inches shorter than the norm [almost no forearm] my wrists are inverted 90 degrees inward no thumb on either hand and very weak grip strength but i do compensate and make do my instructor is very good at modifying things to work for me so again thank you for represeting and god bless you!!

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So how did your pre-test/test go?
On March 17th, I tested for and passed my 4th Dan test. I had prepared a great deal for the test for the better part of a year. The hardest part was the difference in humidity. I'm from hot, dry Los Angeles & the test was in hot, sticky Florida. I had a great time. Thanks to all of you for your kind words & encouragement!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I missed this video when you posted it earlier. Great job with the break and the promotion!

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Apparently, you tested just before I did. Congratulations on the test and the awesome break, Iceman!

Latest Discussions