Mummy 3 (with Jet Li & Michelle Yeoh)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yep, Mummy waker Rick O'Connell is at it again and this time in the far east. This time MA action stars Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh play the baddies in their first movie together. Directed by Rob Cohen (Dragon: Bruce Lee Story, Skulls, Fast & Furious and Stealth) ... could prove interesting. Fraiser seems to be the only original actor from the series.
Of course it's not due out til 2008 so we've got a while yet.
In the Far East, trouble-seeking father-and-son duo Rick (Fraser) and Alex O'Connell (Ford) unearth the mummy of the first Emperor of Qin (Li) -- a shape-shifting entity who was cursed by a wizard (Yeoh) centuries ago.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0859163/

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
cool, i always liked the mummy movies.

Is Luke Ford the same actor who played the son in The Mummy Returns?

Also, anybody know if Rachael Weiss will be in it, and what about the character of her brother, Jonathan (I don't remember the actor's name)?

There isn't a lot of info on that web link...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wasn't it John Hannah who played the brother? A fine actor indeed.

I have to agree that I love the modern Mummy movies (and the old ones too for that matter :D).

Pure popcorn, well done, well acted, good effects and performed with no pretensions - just what a movie made for entertainment should be.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
cool, i always liked the mummy movies.

Is Luke Ford the same actor who played the son in The Mummy Returns?

Also, anybody know if Rachael Weiss will be in it, and what about the character of her brother, Jonathan (I don't remember the actor's name)?

There isn't a lot of info on that web link...

The lovely and talented Rachel Weiss seems to be replaced by Maria Bello.
Freddie Boath played the son in the second Mummy. One hopes that John Hannah will return as Evie's greedy, bungling, last second saving and always funny Jonathan. He really made the comic relief in the two films.

Wished that my father's eyesight was good enough to see these films. He'd love them for sure.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll see anything and everything with Michelle Yeoh in it... it was her emotional range and depth which gave Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon its almost unbearable poignancy. I'm not sure I'm going to be happy with her in the role of a baddie, but in my book she can Do No Wrong, so it's not like I have a choice about going to the movie, eh?

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
hmmm... grumble grumble....I don't know anything about Maria Bello, but Rachael Weiss was perfect in the first two movies...
Agreed!

exile said:
I'll see anything and everything with Michelle Yeoh in it... it was her emotional range and depth which gave Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon its almost unbearable poignancy. I'm not sure I'm going to be happy with her in the role of a baddie, but in my book she can Do No Wrong, so it's not like I have a choice about going to the movie, eh?
Well I think with her playing a baddie would be a good change of pace and helps her broaden her range as an actress. Besides, heard tell that it can be quite fun to play a baddie. Since the Mummy franchise is more geared to adventure/fun type of viewing she may do quite well. Li as a baddie we've seen before now as a dead-rotting-mummy type baddie may prove to be entertaining as well.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds really good. I loved the first two films, and while we are losing Rachel Weiss we are gaining Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh!

I'm with you Exile. I've been a fan of Michelle ever since I saw her in Police Story III.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will definately see it as well!
icon14.gif

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Agreed!

Well I think with her playing a baddie would be a good change of pace and helps her broaden her range as an actress. Besides, heard tell that it can be quite fun to play a baddie. Since the Mummy franchise is more geared to adventure/fun type of viewing she may do quite well. Li as a baddie we've seen before now as a dead-rotting-mummy type baddie may prove to be entertaining as well.

Yah, true, it's the kind of thing which is really all in good fun, judging by the first two movies (wonderfully horrific special effects, eh?)

I'm with you Exile. I've been a fan of Michelle ever since I saw her in Police Story III.

She's got this terrific versatility and total command of her craft. Terrific expressiveness, and she does it very economically—even the smallest nuances of facial gesture are eloquent in her performances. One of my film-fantasies is some entrepreneur organizing a Michelle Yeoh marathon at one of our theatres here in Columbus...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like it's a shame some of us don't live in the same town - we could get a few bottles of vino and other assorted falling-down-water in the fridge and pool our DVD collections (the one's containing Michelle Yeoh that is :D).

I too am something of a fan-boy, as the above gave away and am unsure as to whether I'll like her playing a 'baddie'. She must have walked the dark path at some other time in her career too tho' - she's done a shed-load of films after all ... ?

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
She's got this terrific versatility and total command of her craft. Terrific expressiveness, and she does it very economically—even the smallest nuances of facial gesture are eloquent in her performances. One of my film-fantasies is some entrepreneur organizing a Michelle Yeoh marathon at one of our theatres here in Columbus...

.... you've got Michelle Yeoh wallpapers on your computer don't you? C'mon admit it... :wink2: :lol:

she IS a pretty lady... for you Exile... from one admirer to another.

(oh yeah... read the text in the 5th picture (black-n-white photo black shirt)... a tough lady, an admirable lady.

Oh and some trivia ... (while we're on the subject)... from IMDB.com
In 1985, she began making action movies with D&B Films of Hong Kong. She was first billed as Michelle Khan, then later, Michelle Yeoh. Never a trained martial artist, she relied on her dance discipline and her on-set trainers to prepare for her martial arts action scenes.
One of the only female stars whom Jackie Chan lets do her own stunts.
Miss Malaysia [1983]
Fought her way to the top in the male-dominated genre of Hong Kong action films, where she has been known for years as the "queen of martial arts". (oh the irony of that!)
Has a Bachelor's Degree in Dance from the Royal Academy of Dance (London, England).
One of the highest paid Chinese-language actresses in the world.
Highest paid actress in Asia.
Released a single CD in 1993, "Love Quite Like a Comet", from her movie Xin liu xing hu die jian (1993).

Attachments

• $YEOH 01.jpg
    $YEOH 01.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 188
  • $YEOH 02.jpg
    $YEOH 02.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 178
  • $YEOH 03.jpg
    $YEOH 03.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 186
  • $YEOH 04.jpg
    $YEOH 04.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 183
  • $YEOH 05.jpg
    $YEOH 05.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 188
  • $YEOH 06.jpg
    $YEOH 06.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 177
  • $YEOH 07.jpg
    $YEOH 07.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 182

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds like it's a shame some of us don't live in the same town - we could get a few bottles of vino and other assorted falling-down-water in the fridge and pool our DVD collections (the one's containing Michelle Yeoh that is :D).

I too am something of a fan-boy, as the above gave away and am unsure as to whether I'll like her playing a 'baddie'. She must have walked the dark path at some other time in her career too tho' - she's done a shed-load of films after all ... ?

I think she'll be great as a villain. The villains often get the best lines (if they aren't stolen by big-headed movie-stars) and frequently the most memorable characters. It'll make a nice change from her playing police officers too.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She could kick my butt ANYTIME and I'd say thank you..

Latest Discussions