Muay Thai w/Gracie Jitsu

OP
J

J-kid

You have to add to your training to use the sport as you call it to take on muiltble oppents in a fight , alot of martial arts is a fantasy , i mean think a 75 year old master 110lb taking on 5 football players infront of a parking lot. thats something you wanna believe you are just fooling your self. That is hollywood , to say kickboxing forms and judo are less of a art then karate is a understatement because you see them in ufc fights all the time. I never see any karate guys and you say you can just stab your thumb in his eye you think he wont bite you back , If you gonna play dirty you think the other guy judo or kickboxer isnt, i mean its simple enough to say you would kick them in the balls how do you know he won't kick or punch you there, Believe me when i say Judo and kickboxing are not just sports there a martial art and a way of life.:cool:

OP
T

tmanifold

Originally posted by Judo-kid

You have to add to your training to use the sport as you call it to take on muiltble oppents in a fight , alot of martial arts is a fantasy , i mean think a 75 year old master 110lb taking on 5 football players infront of a parking lot. thats something you wanna believe you are just fooling your self. That is hollywood , to say kickboxing forms and judo are less of a art then karate is a understatement because you see them in ufc fights all the time. I never see any karate guys and you say you can just stab your thumb in his eye you think he wont bite you back , If you gonna play dirty you think the other guy judo or kickboxer isnt, i mean its simple enough to say you would kick them in the balls how do you know he won't kick or punch you there, Believe me when i say Judo and kickboxing are not just sports there a martial art and a way of life.:cool:

First of all MT and BJJ are not "sports as I called them" they are sports by definition. Also no one mentioned a 75year old 110 lb man takin on 5 football players, however I know of a fifty odd akido and Kung fu man taking three punks trying to steal his car, one of which was carring a tire iron. That was in victoria not hollywood. People can defeat multiple opponents. Maybe they just survive but either is a plus.

Second I don't really understand the next part so I will skip to the important part. Do I think a judo guy or kickboxer might bite back? Maybe, but his first instinct will be to use a standard technique, by that time it may not matter.

I don't know if you think that judo and kickboxing are esoteric sports but I imagine that many people posting to this board have experience in one or the other. I happen to have experience in both, in fact I do Judo right now and love it. BUT, the point remains, if one trains only in judo or kickboxing then one has not covered all the bases.

Judo and kickboxing do not in themselves (as practiced today, judo has self defence techniques but they are rarely covered until after shodan if at all) have all the tools to be an effective self preservation system. The attributes developed are VERY useful but the techniques are restricted.

Tony

Latest Discussions