"Mr Rogers is evil"

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[yt]29lmR_357rA[/yt]

And tomorrow they introduce a new childrens show, hosted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000388/
Instead of telling kids they are special, he begins the show with:

I'm Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor, from now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and the last word out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir". Do you maggots understand that?

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
[yt]29lmR_357rA[/yt]

And tomorrow they introduce a new childrens show, hosted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.

Instead of telling kids they are special, he begins the show with:

I'm Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor, from now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and the last word out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir". Do you maggots understand that?

Now maybe it's just me, but I'm sorry, I would have absolutely NO problem with that, the way kids have become now.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
They were talking about a University Study and a number of the Fox commentators didn't agree with it.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So the "entitlement generation" isn't from the breakdown of the American family, laissez-faire parenting, fading academic standards and other societal fabric issues...its because of what Mr. Rogers said in a 15 minute TV show aimed at 2 and 3 year olds.

This is what grant money goes to?

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone is responsible for the way our kids grow up, except the parents. If Mr. Rogers had the much of an influence on our kids, I say turn the damn baby sitter (TV) off, and do your job.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Everyone is responsible for the way our kids grow up, except the parents. If Mr. Rogers had the much of an influence on our kids, I say turn the damn baby sitter (TV) off, and do your job.
Well, of course. Don't you remember that "It takes a village" tripe Hillary Clinton was peddling?
It takes parents that aren't afraid to be "mean" by punishing their kids when they deserve punishment.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank goodness they haven't analyzed the effect of Spongebob yet...

chaos1551

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My favorite part of this tripe was at the end when the female blonde commentator mentioned that if only there could be a person in every child's life that could tell them how they are special and focus on specific talents each child has and encourage them.

"When you criticize, make sure you suggest options to remedy the problem." - Edmund Parker

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Something I came across about this evil guy. It looks like he served our country very well.

get-attachment.aspx

On another note, there was this wimpy little man (who passed away) on PBS, gentle and quiet. Mr. Rogers is another of those you would least suspect of being anything but what he now portrays to our youth. But Mr. Rogers was a U.S. Navy Seal, combat-proven in Vietnam with over twenty-five confirmed kills to his name. He wore a long-sleeved sweater on TV, to cover the many tattoos on his forearm and biceps. He was a master in small arms and hand-to-hand combat, able to disarm or kill in a heartbeat

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Something I came across about this evil guy. It looks like he served our country very well.

get-attachment.aspx

On another note, there was this wimpy little man (who passed away) on PBS, gentle and quiet. Mr. Rogers is another of those you would least suspect of being anything but what he now portrays to our youth. But Mr. Rogers was a U.S. Navy Seal, combat-proven in Vietnam with over twenty-five confirmed kills to his name. He wore a long-sleeved sweater on TV, to cover the many tattoos on his forearm and biceps. He was a master in small arms and hand-to-hand combat, able to disarm or kill in a heartbeat

Your AOL webmail attachment didn't come through. Also:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/fredrogers/a/mr_rogers.htm

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score

get-attachment.aspx

Nope.

This whole topic is very weird. I watched Mr. Rogers as a kid, but I don't remember much about the show except for the Trolley. If the man had ever convinced me that I was wonderful just the way I was, my fellow students in school were very effective in ridding me of the notion.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

get-attachment.aspx

Sorry -- but that's false.

See Snopes or NavySeals.com. Bottom line: Fred Rogers was born too early to have been a SEAL, and it is documented that he did not serve in the US military.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe watching him did mess me up, and I just didn't know it.
icon7.gif

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ugh.

Let's not celebrate what's good and right in a child, let's just beat them down and find frivolous things to put on the newscast because our opinion is more important than your self-worth.

Mr. Roger's show incited the children who watched it with *a purpose in living.* Each of his puppets played their role very aptly displayed as having a purpose. When one loses purpose, one loses all.

Sorry that mushy crap doesn't fly with many of you.

I had a parent that was much like a drill sergeant and I'll tell ya what - the lessons I learned from her was how NOT to be. The lessons I learned from Mr. Rogers was How to figure out who I was and celebrate it. Those lessons got my *** through a lot of nasty beatings and through much of life.

This broadcast was just a lot of hot air. No wonder they had the weatherman there.

Latest Discussions