Mr. Hayes

shiro

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Stephen K. Hayes is celebrating his 60th birthday this year. I thought it would be nice if I could put together Birthday greetings for people who care together for him. If you want to get involved please comment here. But please if for what ever reason you only want to focus on negative things please do not comment or pm me.
Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You could put this in the Hayes/Toshindo forum, you might get more response.

HKToshindo

White Belt
Reaction score
You could put this in the Hayes/Toshindo forum, you might get more response.

Why? Anshu does ninjutsu. This is the ninjutsu forum. Why are Bujinkan members trying to deny the fact that Anshu is probably the best qualified non-Japanese teachers of Masaaki Hatsumi's ninjutsu?

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, HK, this is the Ninjutsu forum so you certainly have a valid point. However, there is (as you are aware from your other posts) certain tension levels between Hayes' organisation and what we may call the Ninjutsu mainstream (Bujinkan for the most part). There is also a dedicated Toshindo section of the forum, where Hayes and his approach (seperate from the Bujinkan/Genbukan etc approach) is discussed, and therefore is probably the more appropriate section for this thread as Cryozombie said.

I may suggest being a little careful of overzealous support here. Hayes is certainly one of the most experienced, if not the most experienced Ninjutsu-organsation teacher in America, but to state that that equates to the best qualified may raise some ire. Again, I will keep my personal opinions to myself on Hayes qualification and skill, suffice to say that the answer will always be in the beholder's eyes. And your profile states that you are still a beginner in the art, so I invite you to realise that differing levels of experience will give different opinions.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why? Anshu does ninjutsu. This is the ninjutsu forum. Why are Bujinkan members trying to deny the fact that Anshu is probably the best qualified non-Japanese teachers of Masaaki Hatsumi's ninjutsu?

Really now? Show me in my post where I denied anything about Hayes? Oh yeah that's right, I didn't. Instead I directed the OP who wasnt getting any replies to his post to the forum DEDICATED TO THE PERSON HE WAS POSTING ABOUT.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gentlefolk,

You may notice this thread has been relocated. We believe it will stand a better chance of getting responses in this new location.

And, let me note also that the topic of the thread is to share messages and rememberances to celebrate Stephen K. Hayes's birthday, not to argue about who teaches what.

jks9199

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks, JKS. And, because I was remiss earlier and omitted this part, I do wish Sensei Hayes the best on his birthday, may he continue to teach his students for many more that they can enjoy and benefit from his experience.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
To the OP

I am unsure what Shiro you are talking about
but in Japanese slang Shiro means White(cracker) it is most likely more offensive than the slang Haku-jin and other White racist remarks.

Just thought I would point that out that others may read it as such.

ToShinDoKa

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes, HK, this is the Ninjutsu forum so you certainly have a valid point. However, there is (as you are aware from your other posts) certain tension levels between Hayes' organisation and what we may call the Ninjutsu mainstream (Bujinkan for the most part). There is also a dedicated Toshindo section of the forum, where Hayes and his approach (seperate from the Bujinkan/Genbukan etc approach) is discussed, and therefore is probably the more appropriate section for this thread as Cryozombie said.

I may suggest being a little careful of overzealous support here. Hayes is certainly one of the most experienced, if not the most experienced Ninjutsu-organsation teacher in America, but to state that that equates to the best qualified may raise some ire. Again, I will keep my personal opinions to myself on Hayes qualification and skill, suffice to say that the answer will always be in the beholder's eyes. And your profile states that you are still a beginner in the art, so I invite you to realise that differing levels of experience will give different opinions.

Just a point, I believe this is the thread to discuss To-Shin Do and its founder. But yeah, I agree about the overzealousness. It's best not to start arguments. Take it from one who had that problem in the past...it doesn't help you case. LOL

Keep training!
To-Shin!

-Scott T. Ealey

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, it is... now. When the thread was first posted, and my post was made, it was in the Ninjutsu General section. It has since been moved.