Most fun I've had in awhile

Aqua4ever

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So last night I had the most fun I've had in a long time. I arrived home to a message from my instructor to call him back. He was wondering if I would be interested in going down to a club about 1/2 hr away to train with his coach (who i've trained with before) a few of his students, and a Scottish Team! Of course I went, along with another guy from my club and our instructor.
There was a team of about twenty from Scotland, down I understand just to gain experiance training with other clubs. We ended up doing 22 2 minute fights, just free sparring. For the Scottish, they were use to leg sweeps, hits to the back and back of the head/neck being legal, which for us is illegal. So that took some getting use to, ending up with your butt on the ground and a punch coming into your stomach. It was exhausting, the last couple of rounds there were only four of us left fighting, but it was such a fun experiance. We finished off with wind sprints and endurance drills, and then just talked with each other for a bit. If anyone ever has the chance to do this, I highly reccomned it, even just for a bit of culture!

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like a really great time. Are you different styles from them, or just different orgs?

Jeff

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Reaining with those who have different rules or techniques is always fun
happy you enjoyed yourslef

Latest Discussions