Most famous people ever met or seen

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
So who are the most famous people everybody has met, where you actually get to talk to them and say hi and who are the most famous people everybody has seen in person where you don't get to talk to them but you at least get to see them in person? By that I mean you get to see them in real life not on television or some other media.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Got to hang out with The Rock and his cousin for an hour or so.

Fumio Demura

Also at some SuperBowl Events years back I got to hangout and talk with:

Ed Too Tall Jones
Christian Okoye
Allyssa Milano
Jay-Z (actually tossed the football around with him while Beyoncé was in a press conference)
The Cake Boss
Troy Landry from Swamp People.

I met Jerry Rice briefly, but my friend got to spend a little time with him and Rice let him put his Super Bowl rings on and pose for a picture....lucky bastard.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Funny story,

I have a thick southern (country) accent from Arkansas.

I have a friend that has known and been friends with Troy Landry all his life.

So I meet Troy and I mention that we share a close friend and we talk for a few minutes about the friend and then he tells me "you know you have a really bad accent".........what......dude who needs captions when he speaks on his TV show is telling me that I have a bad accent....lol.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Counting only the ones I've spoken to:- Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester Mc Coy, Katie Manning (who gave us all a hug), Nicola Bryant, Sophie Aldred, Paul McGann, Simon Fischer-Becker, Danny John-Jules, Chris Barrie, Robert Llewelyn, Hattie Hayridge, Josephine Gillan, & Josef Atlin.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have met many Kenpo greats, including Ed Parker, and Jeff Speakman. When I was in the Military I met a Japanese fighting Ace, at a Military museum. You should have seen the old vets hovering around, like vultures.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, the musicians I list might not mean anything to most, but they were important to me while growing up.

Ip Ching (obviously not a musician, but he is the only non-musician so I put him first)
Gary Louris (The Jayhawks)
Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth)
Lou Barlow (bassist for Dinosaur Jr., guitar/vocals for Sebadoh)
Dan Hoerner (second guitarist from Sunny Day Real Estate)

I don't know if this counts because it was at a signing they did at a mall, but I DID meet the Smashing Pumpkins too.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I went to school with Jerry Ducette JR and Collin and Leighton McDougall (sons of Jerry Doucette and Donnie McDougall), got to jam out with the bass player from Journey(Ross Valloury), got to shake Dan Akroyds hand but the best one was meeting one Mr Tommy Chong. My dad's ex is a film editor and good friends with his daughter, and by chance we ended up breaking bread together.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Fumio Demura.(he darn near threw me on the floor)
Marvin Hagler (when he was still boxing)
Gerald Ford (when he was president)
Sandra Bullock (she called security on me - I was at Canyon ranch waiting for my then brother-in-law, who worked there. I looked like any biker you never wanted to see and completely out of place at Canyon ranch. She walked by, looked at me, and later security came and found me. My then brother-in-law told me what happened)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I met God once. Hey, the sixties were like that.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Counting only the ones I've spoken to:- Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester Mc Coy, Katie Manning (who gave us all a hug), Nicola Bryant, Sophie Aldred, Paul McGann, Simon Fischer-Becker, Danny John-Jules, Chris Barrie, Robert Llewelyn, Hattie Hayridge, Josephine Gillan, & Josef Atlin.
You go to a lot of doctor who conventions I'm assuming with the first few names

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Closest I can think of is a brush with almost fame. I was a dishwasher at the streamliner diner on Bainbridge island. The other dishwasher st the time, chad Channing, was a drummer in a band called nirvana.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You go to a lot of doctor who conventions I'm assuming with the first few names
Not Dr Who Cons as such, just general Cons. But Dr Who is he show everyone in the family is into, so we tend to concentrate on those guests.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Closest I can think of is a brush with almost fame. I was a dishwasher at the streamliner diner on Bainbridge island. The other dishwasher st the time, chad Channing, was a drummer in a band called nirvana.
Big deal. He was one, of nine. :)

Charlemagne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Got to meet Shaquile O'neal at LSU when he was playing for the Lakers. I also met Howie Long and Terry Bradshaw pre-game at the BCS National Championship. I stood next to Tim McGraw for most of the Sugar Bowl on the sideline one year, and we spoke quite a bit, though I honestly didn't know it was him until later on.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was sort of junior security for Shannen Doherty once many years ago. I've met and talked with Jack Canfield (Chicken Soup for the Soul). There are others, I think, but I've taken a Benedryl, so my mind has quit for the night.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow, lots of people here have met lots of famous and interesting people. As for me here are some of the famous people I've got to meet and talk to.

As for famous martial artists I've met Joe Lewis, Bob Wall, and Jim Kelly.

Some of the most famous people of all time that I got to meet and talk to have been Joe Montana and Patrick Stewart.

Now the most famous person I got to see in person, I didn't get to go up and meet him but I got to see him in person not on television or anything, he is perhaps more famous than anybody I've ever seen or talked to would be Donald Trump, the President of the United States.

Latest Discussions