Most effective Fighting Systems?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Seabrook said:
You make some good points, but trust me, VERY FEW could hand Clyde his head on a plate, LOL.

That may be true, I have never met him so I can't really argue the point, but it is a big world, with lots of people in it....

This is a thread about what people believe to be effective fighting systems. Instead of posting the thread in the General category, it was posted in the EPAK category. This has, in my opinion, slanted the answers heavily in favor of various aspects of Kenpo. If it had been posted in the General category I think the responses would have been more varied which might have lead to some other interesting conversations. But hey, it is what it is.

At any rate, I don't see the reason to belittle what someone else posts under the circumstances. Someone posted their opinion, and someone else belittled what they said. And what gets me, is that both posters are Kenpo people who feel that Kenpo, or some version of it, is an effective system. But for some, that apparently isn't common ground enough. Only THEIR version of kenpo merits respect. I just don't get that mentality.

Sometimes it just comes across as a basic lack of respect and poor manners. We can often learn the most where we least expect it.

cloak13

White Belt
Reaction score
with enough dedicated practice and work with a body I believe many martial arts can become effective for self-defense. One of the reasons I like Kenpo is that I did not have to train for years before being able to use it. I've studied a couple different martial arts and found that Kenpo is the best fit for me. I always encourage my students to go out and see what else is out there. In our school we've gotten a lot of students from other styles. I always encourage students to keep their eyes open and if they see something better for them to go for it.

So, I like Kenpo but strongly encourage my students to see what else is out there as well.

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
Probably the most impressive practioner I have witnessed. Would have to be Mr.Planas. His command of the material was very evident just in the way he moved.

Latest Discussions