Most effective automatic rifle dis-arm - Russian military secrets

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
OK, so you can just skip through to 1:30 on the clip to learn what most of us have hopefully already mastered in their weapons training - but do feel free to watch the whole crazy clip on how it's all done in Mother Russia.

Last edited by a moderator:

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that's not a bunch of Americans who are just too drunk to speak clearly?

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nice disarm but not sure how they deal with the one up the spout. ;)

OP
Zero

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice disarm but not sure how they deal with the one up the spout. ;)

K-man, that's the second kick, I didn't see any shell eject actually, but I am sure he hits the slide which would on a rifle eject the bullet from the chamber. These Russian's (or drunk American's as Denise puts it) have it all covered.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
K-man, that's the second kick, I didn't see any shell eject actually, but I am sure he hits the slide which would on a rifle eject the bullet from the chamber. These Russian's (or drunk American's as Denise puts it) have it all covered.
OK I am far from an expert on guns but if that is an AK47 wouldn't the slide be on the right hand side?

OP
Zero

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
OK I am far from an expert on guns but if that is an AK47 wouldn't the slide be on the right hand side?

Good call, the bullet should exit from the right side so unless this was recorded in a mirror I don't have an answer for you.

Actually, some AKs have an selector lever on the left side (no BS!), so he may have been putting the gun into "safe". But it did seem that it went in a horizontal and not vertical manner (and I think the left selector on those designs was up/down and did not slide horizontally).
Maybe one of our "gun pros" on MT can shed some light on this and what that second kick was actually doing and to what??? As now I am actually interested, as there seemed to be some method in the madness.

....have just done a bit of googling but can't figure this out, maybe one of the gun guys can help out here...

OP
Zero

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If there are any Moderators out there or anyone with a semblance of IT proficiency, unlike my good self, could someone please copy this thread to the Rifle Range forum? As I would realy like an answer if possible on what that second kick is doing, it's bothered my layman senses a bit as I can't figure out.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy to oblige. You could also have simply copied the link information from this thread, and posted it there yourself.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cardinal rule get off line of the barrel. He is not doing that from what I see! To risky and to slow in my opinion. However, I am not saying it could not be done just that I would never try it!

KydeX

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Good call, the bullet should exit from the right side so unless this was recorded in a mirror I don't have an answer for you.

Actually, some AKs have an selector lever on the left side (no BS!), so he may have been putting the gun into "safe". But it did seem that it went in a horizontal and not vertical manner (and I think the left selector on those designs was up/down and did not slide horizontally).
Maybe one of our "gun pros" on MT can shed some light on this and what that second kick was actually doing and to what??? As now I am actually interested, as there seemed to be some method in the madness.

....have just done a bit of googling but can't figure this out, maybe one of the gun guys can help out here...

He is holding a lefthand (links) version of the gun, which has the ejection port and the bolt handle on the left side. The other guy kicks the bolt handle with the second kick, cycling the bolt. The reason you don't see anything being ejected is of course because the gun is empty. Anything else would be totally reckless.

OP
Zero

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ah, so there is a left hand version of this gun, I could not think what else it could be but did not appreciate LH version were produced.
Thanks

KydeX

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Actually, when looking further into this, I can't find any evidence that there exists a left handed ak-47. I found that there are some modification kits that would have a left charging handle, but still have the ejection on the right side.

Another possibility is that the video footage is mirrored for some reason...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

OP
Zero

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually, when looking further into this, I can't find any evidence that there exists a left handed ak-47. I found that there are some modification kits that would have a left charging handle, but still have the ejection on the right side.

Another possibility is that the video footage is mirrored for some reason...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Yeah! It is a weird one : ) We already floated the "mirror" possibility, odd though that sounds!!
So maybe we don't have a clear answer, life can be interesting.

Blaze Dragon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
He's clearly left handed as he's holding the weapon in his left hand. It would make sense to have the charging handle on that side. Since they look military, chances are they maybe. So I assume the military could get there hands on a left handed rifle.
I'm not surprised you didn't see a around eject. I'm sure they didn't have a round in the chamber as that would be even more unsafe then what they are already doing. I assume this is just some guys playing around and not something they would try in the field.

OP
Zero

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He's clearly left handed as he's holding the weapon in his left hand. It would make sense to have the charging handle on that side. Since they look military, chances are they maybe. So I assume the military could get there hands on a left handed rifle.
I'm not surprised you didn't see a around eject. I'm sure they didn't have a round in the chamber as that would be even more unsafe then what they are already doing. I assume this is just some guys playing around and not something they would try in the field.
Yes, to be clear and so people don't think I'm (too) insane, I was not going to add this to my list of dis-arm techniques anytime soon; I think these guys defintiely just clowning - but it is a cool technique to watch (yes, would be crazy if they had live round in chamber!!)

Blaze Dragon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yes, to be clear and so people don't think I'm (too) insane, I was not going to add this to my list of dis-arm techniques anytime soon; I think these guys defintiely just clowning - but it is a cool technique to watch (yes, would be crazy if they had live round in chamber!!)

I didn't think you where going to add it :) I figured it was a "hey check this out" but it's still fun to talk about.

Latest Discussions