Most Difficult Technique

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nevered bothered nor trained in many "aerial" kicks/tactics. The most difficult tactic for me was a spinning outside crescent kick.

M

MikeMartial

To date, the most difficult technique for me has been the spinning (reverse) hook kick. I just seem to have my timing waaaaaaay off. It's coming, though....as all techniques do, with practice :)

But...overall? Anything using my left leg. I actually always thought I was ambidextrious until I started TKD; I then realized how weak and uncoordinated my left side was.

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
id have to say anything jumping is difficult for me if not impossible my inst where really pushing for me on that and its just not working and now i have the summer off cus of work so it wont be pretty when i get back either

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
FWIW - I find any kicking technique difficult if I don't keep my back straight. If I can keep my back mostly vertical, at least going into the technique, than it works pretty well. If I start off and duck my head over a bit and get my back out of alignment, then it's a lot harder to do almost any technique..especially with power and speed and fast recovery

Eldritch Knight

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Any jump spinning kick with the exception of the jump spinning hook kick. Jump spinning crescent, round, etc. are always insane. I always end up kicking to my side or missing the target entirely.

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Roundhouse Kick, I still need to work on this kick it's not natural for me even though I can disect this kick into all it's constituant parts. There is something I can find off in my kick. I've been able to make it usable but it definetly not one of my go to kicks.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Fortis said:
After starting to learn some jumping moves, I still find the basic side kick to be one of the hardest kicks to really master with good clean technique.
I know exactly what you mean. I have always had the most dificult time "perfecting" my side kick. I seem to have a slight hooking action on the retraction.

As for the most dificult technique, I would have to say the 540 hook. I am still trying to get this technique down. I work and work, but just when I think I am getting it, I bust my butt. Go figure.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
MikeMartial said:
But...overall? Anything using my left leg. I actually always thought I was ambidextrious until I started TKD; I then realized how weak and uncoordinated my left side was.

Yup, I hear ya, I'm a righty, so doing things southpaw looks ugly for me (errrr... like my 360 round house), but I'm always still trying to improve all of my techniques. Even after the years I've put into this MA, there's so much more that I can learn and improve upon. I realized after I had been a practitioner for a while that the learning and training in the MAs is infinite. Even the masters are still learning... :mst:

Latest Discussions