Vitor

White Belt
Reaction score
Most of us know Krav Maga and its philosophy: very practical style of self-defense and is used by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) to train soldiers and civilians to become efficient in a short amount of time.
Krav Maga is an aggressive, anti-terrorist survival system without rules. It deals with personal safety issues in the context of defending against both armed and unarmed attackers with only one objective: to eliminate the threat in the fastest way possible.

And my question is, do you think that a fighting system like this is useful in safe cities like Montreal, Canada?

I would love to read your thoughts.

Vitor Ferreira
MKM Canada - Krav Maga Chief Instructor
Montreal, Canada
www.mkmcanada.com

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is a very good question.

I didn't like KM when I discovered it (when it became popular) because most of the promotional videos included AK-47 and hostage situations. That was far from my reality. My reality was: You are (too much) violent against the aggressor, which usually doesn't has fire weapons, and you are in troubles with the law...

Solutions must be adapted to the problems (and not the other way around).

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok. The major benifit of a fighting system is its delivery system. So if that works. It is useful from Montréal to Afghanistan.

So if I can take a gun out of a guys hand. I can take a drink out of their hand.

If i can defend a punch I can defend an eyegouge.

If I can control an arm with a knife I can control an arm without one.

So the basic skills used work fine in a relatively safe environment. You just need to know when to hold em and know when to fold em.

Latest Discussions