Monkey

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know I do think it is distasteful to give people grief in general. I am rated at 60 % disabled through the V.A. I know what it is like to get grief from others.

So if someone has a hard time communicating with others then help them, I have seen some posts on the board that have set Tom up to go off half cocked and be angry. Listen, there is no need for that kind of nonsense. I a sense that kind of activity could be construed as bullying.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, it can be seen that way, and we have warned a few people about their behavior.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
matt.m said:
You know I do think it is distasteful to give people grief in general. I am rated at 60 % disabled through the V.A. I know what it is like to get grief from others.

So if someone has a hard time communicating with others then help them, I have seen some posts on the board that have set Tom up to go off half cocked and be angry. Listen, there is no need for that kind of nonsense. I a sense that kind of activity could be construed as bullying.

While I understand your points, one can't hide behind a disability.

I have known people on this board with dyslexia and other disabilities that would effect their post writing, yet you wouldn't know it because they put the effort forth to make coherent posts. They type it in word, spell check, then copy and paste it here. They get people to proof read for them when they make larger posts.

If one claims to be a "teacher" or martial arts, then I think that putting the effort forth to be coherent isn't too much to ask.

Coherent writing can be done with a little effort regardless of disabilities.

But, understand Matt, that people here aren't slamming on Mr. Carnes or anyone else because of a disability.

People are "slamming" Mr. Carnes because they feel that he is inflating and fabricating his credentials, experience, and skill to the point of outright lying. Sorry that I have to point out the pink elephant in the room, but that is the real issue. People think that Tom Carnes is a fraud, and that is what the "baiting" is all about. Getting "angry" over incoherent posts is just a product of anger over the real issue of fabrication.

Although a good concept, the unfortunate casualty of basing a forum off of "friendliness" is that it can become a "safe haven" for charletans, self-promoters, trolls, and other such annoying individuals. The burden is on the quality members to shut up and put up with such people, lest they be considered "unfriendly" and disciplined. So, "normal" people have to tread lightly while the weirdo's get to spew useless crap, just as long as they are "friendly" or don't "break the rules."

This is where you get the backlash; the "baiting" and such. This has been a pattern that has happened many times before with different individuals. That is what you see going on with Mr. Carnes. No one is trying to bully someone with a disability; it is these other issues that you see playing out.

So, I am sorry (really, I am) for being the person to have to spell all this out to you and anyone else, but I've finally reached the peak of my annoyance because no one is manning up and outright saying what the real issue is.

So there, I said it.

I don't care to debate anyone on Mr. Carnes credentials or background because I have more productive things to do. But, I am not afraid to say what the real issues are.

Yours,

Paul Janulis

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
matt.m said:

Matt,

I thank you for your concern.

I have a friend who has a closed head injury. He trains in Martial Arts and understands his limitations. He also stutters, and knows this and works around it.

I have taught the blind some slef defense, yes you have to take it from the stand point of what happens after someone touches you, but it can be done. I understand disabilities.

I grew up with my Grandfather in a wheel chair, I thought everyone was supposed to have one Grand Father in a Wheel chair and the other with two canes. I understand the limitations of such.

I have had family members and now a teacher who has had a stroke.

If someone can answer my questions even those I put one at a time, then I can find a way to comunicate. Yet if someone cannot respond to a simply question but replies with others and other statements of confusions and smike and mirrors then I continue to ask questions to see what shakes out of the tree.

If you have any problems with my posts please feel free to report them as our staff is large enough for a review by the other senior staff.

Thanks

PS: Also note that at first it was his glasses and then his eyes, and then some disability. While I understand pride, those who lie, tend to lie in more areas. Yet, I respect privacy, but there are things that just cannot go without being asked in my opinion.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hers my last post for those agian who dont want to try to even read & call
Me a lier time & time agian.
I stated That Ernesto was trianed & owns the Modern Arnis as well
as other Kombato-mono y mono-arjuken

Well here is the proof agian Please click on the URL & see I
told the trueth.
You dont want to admit it & post flags saying Bull.
Go to this now

http://www.cfwenterprise.com/article.asp?s=cfw&content_id=3229

This is on a national post & been documented as I have said.I told the History correct.You just dont want to hear the trueth.Well it is here 1 of many ,

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
For some resogn that isnt posting rite go back on this thred to post #40
that URL is worink right.

#40 post by me on this page.Odd same url I cant figure it out.
Sorry computor error.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
While I understand your points, one can't hide behind a disability.

I have known people on this board with dyslexia and other disabilities that would effect their post writing, yet you wouldn't know it because they put the effort forth to make coherent posts. They type it in word, spell check, then copy and paste it here. They get people to proof read for them when they make larger posts.

If one claims to be a "teacher" or martial arts, then I think that putting the effort forth to be coherent isn't too much to ask.

Coherent writing can be done with a little effort regardless of disabilities.

But, understand Matt, that people here aren't slamming on Mr. Carnes or anyone else because of a disability.

People are "slamming" Mr. Carnes because they feel that he is inflating and fabricating his credentials, experience, and skill to the point of outright lying. Sorry that I have to point out the pink elephant in the room, but that is the real issue. People think that Tom Carnes is a fraud, and that is what the "baiting" is all about. Getting "angry" over incoherent posts is just a product of anger over the real issue of fabrication.

Although a good concept, the unfortunate casualty of basing a forum off of "friendliness" is that it can become a "safe haven" for charletans, self-promoters, trolls, and other such annoying individuals. The burden is on the quality members to shut up and put up with such people, lest they be considered "unfriendly" and disciplined. So, "normal" people have to tread lightly while the weirdo's get to spew useless crap, just as long as they are "friendly" or don't "break the rules."

This is where you get the backlash; the "baiting" and such. This has been a pattern that has happened many times before with different individuals. That is what you see going on with Mr. Carnes. No one is trying to bully someone with a disability; it is these other issues that you see playing out.

So, I am sorry (really, I am) for being the person to have to spell all this out to you and anyone else, but I've finally reached the peak of my annoyance because no one is manning up and outright saying what the real issue is.

So there, I said it.

I don't care to debate anyone on Mr. Carnes credentials or background because I have more productive things to do. But, I am not afraid to say what the real issues are.

Yours,

Paul Janulis

Paul, you the man!

:asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian:

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
monkey said:
Hers my last post for those agian who dont want to try to even read & call
Me a lier time & time agian.
I stated That Ernesto was trianed & owns the Modern Arnis as well
as other Kombato-mono y mono-arjuken

Well here is the proof agian Please click on the URL & see I
told the trueth.
You dont want to admit it & post flags saying Bull.
Go to this now

http://www.cfwenterprise.com/article.asp?s=cfw&content_id=3229

This is on a national post & been documented as I have said.I told the History correct.You just dont want to hear the trueth.Well it is here 1 of many ,

The problem is that if you try to point to something on the internet as "proof" then I can show you "proof" that ninjutsu was started by African witch doctors who were possessed by demons.

Any idiot can post something on the internet. Giving some sort of proof that can be found independent of the internet and someone's word is another matter. That is why giving the name and contact information of a teacher you claimed to worked under is a key thing. When someone who never seems to have made a claim of training under someone suddenly announces that they were a key student of a person only after they die is very suspicious.

And, I have to stand by Tulisan in what he wrote. Some of what he wrote and the other responses here may have just made up my mind on a matter that I have been considering.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
You have seen Proof National posted & recognised as State Rep

& Master & Guardian of Modern Arnis.
My 1981 rank was displayed & talked of by many;It was on the Datus post.

That is national which means Nation wide it was seen on the web
as well as Nation wide the ranks displayed in the philippino mag.
It was clearly stated by Dr Barbar I am authentic.

This is Nation wide with Mary Brunners Group--George Mazek--& many more.

Now you will proble claim Im name dropping as to be a bad statement .For you cant except nation wide exceptance & notification & this has been since 1999.
Its not my fault you close off to others & dont except them.
I have not herd Remy ever talk of you.
Check & see --He has been in Chico as well as SanFransico & other places,

Calif has not herd of you.I dont see you posted as National rep.

No Im not taking an attitude.You just like to attack & insterd of national recognition.Its easer for you to state Im fake & then all are supose to follow you.
I had private time & trained for over 30yrs in the arts.I have National Recignition & Posted as State Rep.
You state I dont know the History & full of bull--I posted it on the the thred
to show I am not only correct--but you have no Idea of the history
from 1975-90 & that is the art.I have shown countless times I am Nationaly
excepted.
You are not the soul to the art.I want to share it & Have great posts .

MANY are asking WHY YOU KEEP THIS UP & JUST EXCEPT IM AUTHENTIC & VERY INTELLiGENT.I HAVE ASKED BEFOR AS OTHER ON THE BOAR PLEASE STOP THIS CRAP.YET YOU STILL TRY TO PROVE YOU ARE SUPOSE TO BE RIGHT.NO IM NOT YELLING;IM WRITTING IT SO YOU CAN READ IT
& maybe you willl stop this crap once & for all.So Ill ask 1 more time
please give it a rest ..I am not at fault or wrong---You have prooven
to be.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My wife noticed that i had left ou an s on the url hence 1 letter will
change the adress.
here is the bio that states the arts history o the family side & passed down.

This is not 1 mans opion theis is an actual bio telling great
detatiled history & lineage.

there are many others & Mr Parsons Has stated Yes Remy Prsesas
has studied balintawak & later trained in Cubu.
this url statse as I have told from day 1.Here it is Natilnaly
posted

http:www.cfwenterprises.com/article.asp?s=cfw&content_id=3229

That should be it.See the history is true 100% as I have told it from day 1.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tom...please do not perceive this as an attack. I think many of the folks here have a bigger problem with your overall attitude than your posting style. A great majority of your posts have been shameless self-promotion of your skills, complete with offering private lessons and training DVDs.

In case you haven't noticed, there are MANY high-ranked instructors on MT. But they do not flaunt their rank and skill, or pass themselves off as this great "master of the arts". If their profile did not indicate their actual rank, you may not have known that you were just talking to a 6th dan in XYZ art. That is, if the person in question actually filled in their rank (not all of the posters do).

Occasionally we *do* get people coming on MT with a giant ego. They usually don't last long on this forum. One thing I've noticed about MT is that the general population doesn't care for oversized egos very much.

Regardless of whatever rank we hold in our respective art, we are all learners on MT. Training is a life-long process; none of us can ever claim that we "arrived" and have nothing else to learn.

I really think that if you decide to take a more humble approach, you would have an easier time on MT.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
monkey said:
My wife noticed that i had left ou an s on the url hence 1 letter will
change the adress.
here is the bio that states the arts history o the family side & passed down.

This is not 1 mans opion theis is an actual bio telling great
detatiled history & lineage.

there are many others & Mr Parsons Has stated Yes Remy Prsesas
has studied balintawak & later trained in Cubu.
this url statse as I have told from day 1.Here it is Natilnaly
posted

http:www.cfwenterprises.com/article.asp?s=cfw&content_id=3229

That should be it.See the history is true 100% as I have told it from day 1.

Tom,

GM Remy Trained in BALINTAWAK in CEBU. Not he Trained in Balintawak and later in Cebu. You cannot even quote me properly. So please stop doing it. For if you continue to quote me improperly I will have to assume that you are doing it on purpose. If so that is sniping and against the rules of this site.

Best regards

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mr. Carnes:

I can't help but notice the amount of flack you are taking for continuing in your insistence. At some point, one can't help but wonder...at what point do you stop insisting on saying things nobody cares about, and just get on with the business of living excellence in your own backyard?

If you believe you are certified as the Master & Guardian of Modern Arnis, then get on with the duties of your station, instead of seeking to gain recognition for it. There are many accomplished artists who frequent this site. No matter what you say at this point, many have made up their minds about how they percieve you, and how they will regard what you have to say. At this point, shouting louder that you are the schnizzle will not convert them, but merely polarize positions even further.

Let it go. Move on. Post because you enjoy the interaction, and not because you're selling conclusions others ought to agree with. This little change in tone, alone, would cause much of the negative regard sent your direction to diminish.

Good luck and good journey,

Dave

kenposikh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
Mr. Carnes:

I can't help but notice the amount of flack you are taking for continuing in your insistence. At some point, one can't help but wonder...at what point do you stop insisting on saying things nobody cares about, and just get on with the business of living excellence in your own backyard?

If you believe you are certified as the Master & Guardian of Modern Arnis, then get on with the duties of your station, instead of seeking to gain recognition for it. There are many accomplished artists who frequent this site. No matter what you say at this point, many have made up their minds about how they percieve you, and how they will regard what you have to say. At this point, shouting louder that you are the schnizzle will not convert them, but merely polarize positions even further.

Let it go. Move on. Post because you enjoy the interaction, and not because you're selling conclusions others ought to agree with. This little change in tone, alone, would cause much of the negative regard sent your direction to diminish.

Good luck and good journey,

Dave

Nicely put Dave now lets move on!!!

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I have tryied to move on.I have aske to move on daily.
yet I have been asked litteraly What is your ranmk--who tought you--
what proof.
I have posted many good threds & have realy good comminet.Then
These people come back what is your rank-you have no rite --
tell us who trained you--ru fefuse to tellus so your lieing.

They have been asked to stop by many.
Yet day after day they continue to stalk & go to each post I makle & call me a lier.
I post on what is your bio--Im told its bull.
I also put up the bio of one of those who tahuought me.& they saw it
as 1 mans view..There will not be any more,
so then that makes me a lier again.
Now were do you go if you are told by some you are good & intellegent .
Yet from day 1 on the Who is Tom Carnes--they vowed to never give in & always beleave the lies that spred on the net.
One persorn claimed I was to buy plane tickets for Guru Inosanto.
Not 1 of those peole met me or know of my skills.They vowed to defermation
& will not bend,Just as they dont beleave Masters are a rank.Look on the master thred.Dont take my word.Read theirs.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tom- This is an internet site, people will say what they want to about you, and you have the choice to ignore them. They can only go by what you say, and considering all the people out there now days, talk doesn't always amount to much. You know who you are, and that should be all that matters to you. Put the people that are bothering you on your ignore list in your user cp. If you see a thread that is demeaning to you in any way, goes against MT's rules, etc, then push the red and white "report to moderator" button located in the top of each post in that thread- you only need to push one once in that thread in order to get their attention. They will promptly do as they see fit about the thread in question.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thank you tdk girl;
Kind words & well spoken.
The honor is mine for such.
Tahnk you again!