Modern Arnis Seminar in Ohio

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello All,
On August 9, 2003 from 12-4 pm, Modern Arnis of Ohio will host a seminar on modern arnis. The topics will include single stick, double stick, knife work and empty hand tactics. The location is the Hilliard Budo Center unit 4, 3840 Lacon rd. Hilliard, Ohio 43026. The seminar will be taught by Guro Dan McConnell. His experience and relaxed teaching style is always enjoyable, if I do say so myself! The cost will be $50. in advance and $65. at the door. IMAF members can enjoy a 10% discount with their passports. If you would like a flyer, please e-mail [email protected] . We hope to see you there.

Modern Arnis of Ohio

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hay how far is it away from detriot?

open to modern arnis styles and feds
is it for everyone or for only people who been in arnis for awhile.
Also if we get a few people will we get a discount? Can we get a better discount if we bring like 5-10 people?

thanks

adam
:jediduel:

P

progressivetactics

Well...no one wants to go to ohio...couldnt you change the location?

just kidding......people do like to go to cedar pointe, in Ohio.

Can you send me info?
[email protected]

and
po box 664
dearborn heights, Mi

thanks,

I would like to support this event.

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hay i got an idea after the seminar we could get some people from it to go to ceader point after it? Hows that sound?

Send me some info to Or just reply

thanks
adam

:redeme:

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
The seminar is open to all styles and all skill levels. It is about a 4 hour drive to E. Lansing, add Detroit. Bring 3 people and the 4th is free. Just keep using that formula for how many people you want to bring. I will mail flyers to the snail mail address that was provided since it appears that you, TallAdam85 and progressivetactics, know each other. Thanks for your interest.
MAO

P

progressivetactics

sounds good, but really........can't it be anywhere else buy ohio?
Don't you guys have the death penalty for parking violations, and casterations for speeding? You guys are a tough state...and extremely boring to drive through!

I guess it is a mental exercise of toughness. Thanks alot......i guess.

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well,
I live here, that's why the seminar is here. Park wrong, you die. Speed, you get your nerts chopped. Come if you will.
MAO

P

progressivetactics

I see your profile doesn't have a location listed......i am not suprised....Sorry.....YOu know how we have to keep the Michigan/Ohio rivalry going.

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just haven't gotten around to changing, or adding to, my profile. I live in Hilliard, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus. I have a school here. My real name is Dan McConnell. The yearly riot, I mean football game twixt our two states is always interesting.
MAO

P

progressivetactics

Yeah, the college games are always a blast between the 2.
"oh how I hate.....Ohio State"

where's the love?

Bill Barker

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
It usually means more work for me during and after the games. Lieutenant, paramedic, firefighter and Air crash and rescue for the Columbus Fire Dept.. Much planning goes into that game besides the game itself.
MAO

P

progressivetactics

If it is anything like Michigan State games......we have a whole seperate planning committe for those games.......They will burn down the town win or lose a game......

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yup. Hey, are you or Talladam familiar with a guy who goes by Seigi on this forum?
MAO

P

progressivetactics

Yes, TallAdam is a friend of mine who trains at the same school Seigi teaches at. Seigi is a very respectful, spiritual guy, great instructor, and good friend. He is by far, one of the nicest people I have met in the martial arts, and very knowledgable. Suprising for his age, as I think he is early 30's.

Seigi used to post on here a bit, but was harrassed by a few people that were very disrespectful. I believe he became dis-enchanted with the forum and limited his use of it. It is a shame.

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
I know what your talking about with regards to Seigi both in terms of his personality and this forum. I hung out with him a bit at the recent Mi. camp. That's right, I came to Mi. and didn't complain! I really like Seigi. Great guy.
MAO

P

progressivetactics

Most have been a nice vacation..........Leaving Ohio!

Ha

I am proud to call him my friend.

Has he mentioned "DAMAT" to you?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by progressivetactics
. . .
Seigi used to post on here a bit, but was harrassed by a few people that were very disrespectful. I believe he became dis-enchanted with the forum and limited his use of it. It is a shame.

BB,

Please tell your friend that the main person who caused the harassment has been removed from this board. It would be nice if Seigi could return.

Thank You
:asian: