MMA & the Olympics

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
More evidence that you haven't even read the thread in which you're trolling. Most people are against including MMA in the Olympics, just for... you know... actual, reasonable, rational reasons.

MMA is a sport that has participants from just about all over the globe. It's trained in the middle east, asia, europe, australia and the americas. The rules are codified. The promotions are successful. To suggest that it bears more of a resemblance to paintball than tai chi, kung fu or most karate styles is just you stirring the pot. I'm not sure what got into you, but you're blatantly violating the ToC and making no bones about it.
Steve, other than UFC, are the promotions really successful? I know close to nil on it all, but I recall something about some of them failing, some buy outs, etc. To a casual viewer, all there is is UFC. As to codified rules, are those rules the ones UFC uses? Or do they have their own modifications in there? The local fights on the reservations from what I hear allow things UFC doesn't. Of course, insurance is also optional there too I hear.

I have to agree with at least 1 point too. I can't see any main stream promotion allowing their main eventors to take off for a few years to compete in the Olympics. After all, their value is as a winning fighter, not a guy in a gym who hasn't really fought in years.

Maybe a rephrase to the question should be "Should MMA be included in the Olympics, and Why?"

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Troll? Always. Read on McDuff.

I don't use oil, I go straight to bear mace.

But let me be serious for a moment. It will be a strain but I can do it, really.

By it's name, "Mixed" martial arts are just that. Mixed. As I said, it's a bit of this, bit of that, little bit of some other thing. There is no such thing as "The MMA". It's all different. So, how do you judge it? Where is the standardized MMA system? It doesn't exist. So I can take Tai Chi, USMC Sniper tech, 5 pages out of Ashida Kim's "most excellent" ninja books, and a few moves I learned from the TV and I'm now a "l33t MMA dude". Can't say otherwise. I mixed some martial arts together, that's what it means right? "Mixed Martial Arts". MMA. So, don't tell me I'm doing it wrong, I'm not. Just because your gym rolls around on the floor in obscene sex positions with punching bags, and another has a really cool cage that they play slapsy on Saturdays in, doesn't make your mixture of things better or worse than mine.

Don't point at PRIDE, UFC or the rest either. I highly doubt any of those guys will take 2-4 years off of competition so they can live on donations and hand outs for 5 minutes of fame and a $50 medal. So that leaves the "wanna bes", the guys who think the UFC is "IT", and who argue on web boards about "real training" and "NHB" crap, but have all these rules and conditions for a fight.

Even if you can find a few people to live on nothing and devote 4 years of their life to getting in top condition, you still have to define rules and limits, set judging standards. Something you can't do when dealing with a black bag full of mixed up people who picked and chose from a hundred different arts in a thousand different ways.

We have fencing, we have kendo, we don't have "couple of yobs swinging wall hangers with moves they got off the telly".
We have football, we have soccer, we don't however have "street rules, the blue car's the end zone".
We have sharp shooting, we have archery, we don't however have "nerf dart shoots".

MMA is a nice fad for PPV. It's value as an Olympic Sport however is minimal. Something 30 years old or less, certainly we have many more established and legitimate sports to include. Roller Derby for example, which is older and more respectable, yet shares many similar traits.

If I'm wrong, point me at the MMA system information, a non-UFC MMA Sport group, and a proven scoring system for it, and I'll be happy to reconsider my position that it's little more than a program for people who can't hack it in a real martial arts school past white belt.

Hell, why not just add in roller ****ing? It'd boost the ratings at least. Can you read between the lines here, or should I highlight the letters of the sekrit missige?

Sigh, why do do think it's amusing to write such complete and utter bollocks? Okay so you don't like MMA, there's no law says you have to but there are rules however on MT that make conversations and discussions about our relative arts interesting and sometimes educational. I could point out a whole loads of proven facts about MMA to refute your trash talking but for the life of me I can't think why I should be bothered. If I were being personal and insulting which of course is against the rules I would have said thats a bad case or verbal diarrhoea and mental constipation you have there but of course I wouldn't dream of saying here so I won't.

Just grow up son.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sigh, why do do think it's amusing to write such complete and utter bollocks? Okay so you don't like MMA, there's no law says you have to but there are rules however on MT that make conversations and discussions about our relative arts interesting and sometimes educational. I could point out a whole loads of proven facts about MMA to refute your trash talking but for the life of me I can't think why I should be bothered. If I were being personal and insulting which of course is against the rules I would have said thats a bad case or verbal diarrhoea and mental constipation you have there but of course I wouldn't dream of saying here so I won't.

Just grow up son.

It's good that you didn't say that, because that would be a personal attack, something that I have refrained from making here. As to growing up, no, never. I'm leaving this world after spending my last year the same way I did my first. Wearing a diaper, sitting in my own crap and having someone spoon feed me mashed peas. So Naaaah! :toilclaw:

Considering the people who get PAID to advise the heads of the companies like UFC, PRIDE, etc agree with me is of more importance than what the fans think. Sorry my position isn't popular, and I'm sorry you all can't read past the smart *** comments to the meat. I tried to even spell it out to be clear.

So, take your head out of "angry land" and pay attention to what I actually wrote, rather than read it as pure bash fest.

Why are MMA events produced by networks ENTERTAINMENT divisions, not their SPORTS divisions? Maybe the networks don't see it as legitimate sport either. When MMA fights are on Network TV in Prime Time, not on some cable channel that 1 third of the US doesn't even see, you have an argument for consideration of inclusion, or at least that it's "big".

If you do include it, what format will the matches take? You have 2 weeks to compete. 204 nations participated in the 2008 Olympics. That's a hell of a lot of matches. If you go single elimination, how many times will someone have to fight full tilt matches until they win? 8 fights in 2 weeks. So, how many guys will have to drop out from injury allowing lesser competitors to advance? Is 8 fights in 2 weeks realistic? You all claim I don't know anything, so you tell me.

Oh wait, I'm just trolling. Sorry

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why are MMA events produced by networks ENTERTAINMENT divisions, not their SPORTS divisions? Maybe the networks don't see it as legitimate sport either.

In order to reach the primary viewer demographic, which includes the same demographic that watches WWE. It really has no bearing on whether or not MMA is fit for olympic inclusion, however.

When MMA fights are on Network TV in Prime Time, not on some cable channel that 1 third of the US doesn't even see, you have an argument for consideration of inclusion, or at least that it's "big".
Very few of the myriad of sports in the olympics can be seen on prime time.

Not much curling, volleyball, bobsledding, luge, or figure skating on prime time, but they are all olympic events.

If you do include it, what format will the matches take?

Presumably the same format used in other martial olympic sports such as judo, wrestling, boxing, fencing, and taekwondo.

You have 2 weeks to compete. 204 nations participated in the 2008 Olympics.
That's a hell of a lot of matches. If you go single elimination, how many times will someone have to fight full tilt matches until they win? 8 fights in 2 weeks. So, how many guys will have to drop out from injury allowing lesser competitors to advance? Is 8 fights in 2 weeks realistic? You all claim I don't know anything, so you tell me.
The same can be said of wrestling, judo, boxing, and taekwondo. They all deal with the same set of issues. Somehow,they make it through the eight weeks and hang medals around the necks of three people, the worthiness of whom is debated on the internet for weeks afterward. I'm sure that they could figure it out.

Daniel

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's good that you didn't say that, because that would be a personal attack, something that I have refrained from making here. As to growing up, no, never. I'm leaving this world after spending my last year the same way I did my first. Wearing a diaper, sitting in my own crap and having someone spoon feed me mashed peas. So Naaaah! :toilclaw:

Considering the people who get PAID to advise the heads of the companies like UFC, PRIDE, etc agree with me is of more importance than what the fans think. Sorry my position isn't popular, and I'm sorry you all can't read past the smart *** comments to the meat. I tried to even spell it out to be clear.

So, take your head out of "angry land" and pay attention to what I actually wrote, rather than read it as pure bash fest.

Why are MMA events produced by networks ENTERTAINMENT divisions, not their SPORTS divisions? Maybe the networks don't see it as legitimate sport either. When MMA fights are on Network TV in Prime Time, not on some cable channel that 1 third of the US doesn't even see, you have an argument for consideration of inclusion, or at least that it's "big".

If you do include it, what format will the matches take? You have 2 weeks to compete. 204 nations participated in the 2008 Olympics. That's a hell of a lot of matches. If you go single elimination, how many times will someone have to fight full tilt matches until they win? 8 fights in 2 weeks. So, how many guys will have to drop out from injury allowing lesser competitors to advance? Is 8 fights in 2 weeks realistic? You all claim I don't know anything, so you tell me.

Angry land, wheres that then? nowhere I know for sure dear boy.

I suppose you do realise I've posted up against MMA being in the Olympics, no? I did't think so. I don't know why you are addressing questions about MMA being on the Olympics to me!
We have MMA on mainstream tv here, the satellite sports channels, ESPN and Eurosport. The other channels it's on show all sorts of programmes including a lot of sport we don't have dedicated sports channels on terrestrial tv here.

Are we saying you don't know anything? Or are we saying you are making a complete prat of yourself with your nonsensical posts, art bashing is rarely as amusing when written down as it is in the writers head. If you have serious points they are lost in the midden of trash talk and no one will wade through the pong of that to find any pearls of wisdom. Tell us why we should wade through loads of words spending time we'll never get back just to please you who seems to delight in being infantile, it's not childish which can be charming, it's infantile and a complete waste of time.

I've already said I won't argue and I certainly won't argue with someone flaming and trolling but I will also not have ascribed to me emotions and feeling to me that don't exist, I'm not angry, I'm actually rather sad that someone is wasting his education, his brain and is acting like a hand to gland warrior.

Oh by the way, you may not have made a personal attack but you have made an offensive and tasteless sexual accusation. You may like to retract that, even apologise. We could take everything else in fun but that went over the line.

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys need Sky Sports and Eurosport, they cover just about every sport going. Just about all Olympic (Summer and Winter) sports too. These are mainstream satellite channels, Daniel, they cover every sport you mentioned in your last post, in prime time too.

A friend of mine, Lisa Higo went to America and won three MMA pro rules fights in the same night, got nice belt for it too! We took one of our fighters to Italy where he fought and beat three opponents in a night. Tournaments of this kind are common but then even as amateurs we fight professionally and train hard.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Steve, other than UFC, are the promotions really successful? I know close to nil on it all, but I recall something about some of them failing, some buy outs, etc. To a casual viewer, all there is is UFC. As to codified rules, are those rules the ones UFC uses? Or do they have their own modifications in there? The local fights on the reservations from what I hear allow things UFC doesn't. Of course, insurance is also optional there too I hear.
This is the nature of the beast. Like boxing, there are tons of small promotions that come and go. And at the elite level, there are promotions that try to challenge the UFC's monopoly.

But in the middle, there are tons of promotions that are successful.
I have to agree with at least 1 point too. I can't see any main stream promotion allowing their main eventors to take off for a few years to compete in the Olympics. After all, their value is as a winning fighter, not a guy in a gym who hasn't really fought in years.
Again, like boxing, we're talking about amateurs building a reputation. While pros would probably gain little by competing in the Olympics, I know that tons of amateurs would jump at the chance to receive world class training.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Whatever else you're doing, you are without a doubt also trolling.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Again, like boxing, we're talking about amateurs building a reputation. While pros would probably gain little by competing in the Olympics, I know that tons of amateurs would jump at the chance to receive world class training.
I think that in this discussion, this needs to be kept in mind. The idea of an MMA dream team like the US Basketball team that was assembled of marquee players when the amateur only rule was discarded is really out of the question.

Amateurs are what we'd see for the most part, so in that respect, Olympic MMA would be unlikely to change anything at the already well established professional level.

Daniel

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tez, I had several replies written up, however as I really don't desire to stoop to those levels, I've tossed them. I'm sorry if any of my comments offended, however I do stand by them as being my opinion and being entitled to them. Regardless of what you all think of my choice of wording, or any incorrect assumptions on my part, I have attempted to put forth significant and serious legitimate reasons against MMA being considered for inclusion in the Olympics. For this, I am labeled a troll. I'm a smart ***. I'm a son of a ***** when needed. I'm no more a troll than any of you are here. I'm one of the first to call ******** when I see it. I've been off and on this site far longer than most if not all of you calling me "troll" and making direct insult to my being. I would have expected a smarter response considering past interactions. In this, I fear I was in serious error. Rather than read past the sarcasm and smart assness, I'm showered with insults, slammed with hostile neg reps and threatening PM's, the later 2 reported to the staff as you have I'm certain been showering them with reports on me. Whatever. Rather than continue to argue with people I had thought smarter and risk losing my access, again, or that this train wreck of a thread be locked, I'll bow out.

I leave you to your discussion where only "correct" opinions and views are of importance. Do us both a favor and put me on your ignore lists so that I need not offend you again. Good Day.
:bird:

Reactions: MJS

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Regardless of what you all think of my choice of wording, or any incorrect assumptions on my part, I have attempted to put forth significant and serious legitimate reasons against MMA being considered for inclusion in the Olympics. For this, I am labeled a troll. I'm a smart ***. I'm a son of a ***** when needed. I'm no more a troll than any of you are here. I'm one of the first to call ******** when I see it. I've been off and on this site far longer than most if not all of you calling me "troll" and making direct insult to my being. I would have expected a smarter response considering past interactions. In this, I fear I was in serious error. Rather than read past the sarcasm and smart assness, I'm showered with insults, slammed with hostile neg reps and threatening PM's, the later 2 reported to the staff as you have I'm certain been showering them with reports on me. Whatever. Rather than continue to argue with people I had thought smarter and risk losing my access, again, or that this train wreck of a thread be locked, I'll bow out.

I leave you to your discussion where only "correct" opinions and views are of importance. Do us both a favor and put me on your ignore lists so that I need not offend you again. Good Day.
Blaming everyone else for the results of your own poor behavior is pointless. Poor behavior is poor behavior, regardless of your tenure on this site. Understand that you not labeled or apparently reported for your opinion but for expressing it in an inappropriate fashion.

Now, had you started out with this...
Reasons for MMA to NOT be included in the Olympics:

- Main components are wrestling and boxing. Both are already in the Olympics. Inclusion would be redundant.
- MMA already has an established amateur system, as well as professional coverage via UFC.
- Lack of a definite "MMA System". The only requirement for a technique to be considered an MMA Tech is "someone used it in a competitive fight".
- Low Standards.
- There are many requirements to be considered, including the existance of an international regulatory body and what percentage of countries practice that sport. MMA is NOT big outside of a few nations.
- American MMA fighters would get their asses beaten regularly by government funded brutes from Russia.
- The established MMA rulesets would have to be greatly dumbed down to meet Olympic safety guidelines. Hard to do a takedown right when you're wearing giant mittens.
- There are numerous other competitive arts that deserve a spot. Arts such as Paintball, Roller Derby, Laser Tag, and snowball fights to name a few. One could also argue that Kick Boxing and Muay Thai belong in there, however Female Boxing is supposed to be included in 2012, making it less likely either will qualify.

Also:
- Removing top current competitors from the UFC and similar pro leagues for the time period needed for them to heal and train to compete is unrealistic. Most will not go for the income cuts it would entail or the loss of limelight. Promoters will likewise be resistant to losing top drawing stars for PPV's.
- Politics. Sure am American wouldn't have a problem smacking another Yank around, but lets see you get the Brazilians to fight each other. I hear they don't like the idea, so you'd have a lot of quitters to contend with.
- The Promoters will lose millions. Put 2 top contenders like say, Silva and Lawler head to head in the Olympics. That's a big ticket pay out on PPV regardless of outcome, but you'll see it free on NBC. I don't think so Charlie.
- Can't limit it just to Amateurs. The Russians will field a competition team that ate, slept, and breathed training for 4 years, all subsidized at gov. expense. If the US sends wannabes, they'll get destroyed. Hey, it's hard to work out 8 hrs a day while flipping burgers to pay the rent.
- MMA has a reputation of being barbaric, blood and thuggery. MMA fights aren't legal in many US states. How can you field a team that can't even compete in half the country legally?

Chew on that if you will. I'm done. MMA will never be in the Olympics. Period.
...you probably would not be in the position of sulking about being called on immature behavior or violating the site rules. This is a cogent arguement in support of your opinion. While I do not completely agree with it, I do agree with the general thrust of this post.

Daniel

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Considering the number of complaints we've gotten, most of which seem more intended to try and use the mods to shut down a poster than actual legitimate complaints I'm a bit pissed. There's enough mod warnings in here, all from Admins you'll note, that we shouldn't have gotten this far.

Attack the message, not the messenger people. It's not fracking rocket science.
The little shots, dings, etc are noted and being discussed. It ends here, now.

If you'd like to discuss or debate particular points, go right ahead. But the personal shots, end, as does any further abuse of the RTM, PM or Rep systems.

I hope that's clear.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yes, yes they are. My argument is this: "MMA" belongs in the Olympics as much as Paintball does. Actually, Paintball and Roller Derby both have more right to be in there as they are unique. MMA is just "boxing" combined with "wrestling", both of which already have their spots. Doesn't have to be "Asian" Steve. As to trolling, sure I am. I'm not a Gracie Nutrider Fan Boi, so I must be trolling. After all I'm against cuddlebudding for medals. The only reason you people want MMA in the Olympics is so you can finally be seen as a legitimate art, and not the "couldn't hack it in a real dojo" crowd. But of course I'm a troll. I'm off topic here, what was it again? Oh yeah "Should MMA be in the Olympics". Nope. Not off topic. Wait, maybe I'm not being respectful enough to the memory of Graciedom? Well, you gots me on that one as I don't consider them anything special. Ah, I must be trolling because I disagree with people and have actually pointed out very specific reasons why MMA doesn't belong. By my same argument, "Western Sword Fighting", SCA Larping and American Pro Football also doesn't belong in there. Neither does Iron Chef. UFC style belongs as much as WWE/TNA does. No scripted or predetermined sports-entertainment does.

So in conclusion, I say no to MMA. It doesn't belong, it doesn't deserve to, and it never will. Pfffft!

Who said I want MMA in the Olympics? I don't care if it's in the olympics or not. From a business standpoint, I think it stands to make more money by staying out of the Olympics. I just can't stand your line of reasoning, which is wholly based on a strawman argument. Specific arguments? you have in fact made them. Representative arguments? Well, no, you haven't.

I resent speculative, non-representative, stereotyped, strawman arguments. You're probably a nice guy in real life. Your arguments, however...

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I do agree with you. And to those of us who know what we're looking at, no, it is not redundant. But to the general public, and likely the IOC, it would certainly appear to be redundant.

Daniel

I don't know, man. This is the same IOC that made greco and freestyle medal events. Evidently redundancy is not an entirely huge issue.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you for bulletpointing this! And overall, I'd say this was a much better post. Here are my responses.

- Main components are wrestling and boxing. Both are already in the Olympics. Inclusion would be redundant.

Well, this is a stawman, and a deviation from your previous assertion that it's "bastardized BJJ". But o.kay, by the same logic, would you say that Freestyle wrestling shouldn't be included? If, not, then this is an invalid argument, anyway.

- MMA already has an established amateur system, as well as professional coverage via UFC.

Judo has both professional and amateur circuits as well.
Taekwondo has both a professional and amateur circuit.

So do other events in the Olympics.

- Lack of a definite "MMA System". The only requirement for a technique to be considered an MMA Tech is "someone used it in a competitive fight".

The same could be said for a number of techniques in other olympic events, including boxing, wrestling, judo etc. However, it's not necessary for scoring to have a definite MMA system, so long as the point system is unified (which it is, under the unified rules of NJ).

- There are many requirements to be considered, including the existance of an international regulatory body and what percentage of countries practice that sport. MMA is NOT big outside of a few nations.

You might actually be on to something there. I have no counter-argument for this one.

- Low Standards.

Speculative at best, biased or even prejudiced at worst. Provide examples, as MANY counter-examples exist.

- American MMA fighters would get their asses beaten regularly by government funded brutes from Russia.

1) How is this relevant to its inclusion in the Olympics?
2) How has that actually mattered in other Olympic events that Russian "government funded brutes" lost?

- The established MMA rulesets would have to be greatly dumbed down to meet Olympic safety guidelines. Hard to do a takedown right when you're wearing giant mittens.

Maybe yes, maybe no. I highly doubt it, though, as Taekwondo has the same size gloves as professional MMA. Here's a picture:
Olympics+Day+15+Taekwondo+1bYcUwNbCB5l.jpg

Though there probably would be more gear than what is used in the pro circuit, I doubt it would get in the way of a takedown.

- There are numerous other competitive arts that deserve a spot. Arts such as Paintball, Roller Derby, Laser Tag, and snowball fights to name a few. One could also argue that Kick Boxing and Muay Thai belong in there, however Female Boxing is supposed to be included in 2012, making it less likely either will qualify.

Paintball, Roller Derby, Laser tag, and snowball fights wouldn't even fit your own criterion (other than uniqueness) for inclusion. But I'm guessing you were joking. Well, at least I HOPE so.

I think kickboxing (which would include muaythai) would actually have a chance, though.

- Removing top current competitors from the UFC and similar pro leagues for the time period needed for them to heal and train to compete is unrealistic. Most will not go for the income cuts it would entail or the loss of limelight. Promoters will likewise be resistant to losing top drawing stars for PPV's.

With few exceptions (basketball and hockey, for instance), the Olympics are amateur competitions. More likely, you'd see Olympian MMA-ers being offered pro contracts after Olympic wins; not the other way around.

- The Promoters will lose millions. Put 2 top contenders like say, Silva and Lawler head to head in the Olympics. That's a big ticket pay out on PPV regardless of outcome, but you'll see it free on NBC. I don't think so Charlie.
- Can't limit it just to Amateurs. The Russians will field a competition team that ate, slept, and breathed training for 4 years, all subsidized at gov. expense. If the US sends wannabes, they'll get destroyed. Hey, it's hard to work out 8 hrs a day while flipping burgers to pay the rent.

You can limit it to just amateurs. And most events DO. And these amateurs do in fact live, breathe, and sleep their event. Frankly this argument seems heavily speculative, and apparently you think inordinately high of the Russians.

- MMA has a reputation of being barbaric, blood and thuggery. MMA fights aren't legal in many US states. How can you field a team that can't even compete in half the country legally?

Number of states in which MMA is illegal:
Amateur:6
Pro: 5

Source:http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/USAStates.htm

Hardly seems like half the country.

As far as barbaric reputation, boxing has that too. So what?

Again, this is a much better post. However, I I still disagree with you, and my previous criticisms of your logic stand on many points.

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tez, I had several replies written up, however as I really don't desire to stoop to those levels, I've tossed them. I'm sorry if any of my comments offended, however I do stand by them as being my opinion and being entitled to them. Regardless of what you all think of my choice of wording, or any incorrect assumptions on my part, I have attempted to put forth significant and serious legitimate reasons against MMA being considered for inclusion in the Olympics. For this, I am labeled a troll. I'm a smart ***. I'm a son of a ***** when needed. I'm no more a troll than any of you are here. I'm one of the first to call ******** when I see it. I've been off and on this site far longer than most if not all of you calling me "troll" and making direct insult to my being. I would have expected a smarter response considering past interactions. In this, I fear I was in serious error. Rather than read past the sarcasm and smart assness, I'm showered with insults, slammed with hostile neg reps and threatening PM's, the later 2 reported to the staff as you have I'm certain been showering them with reports on me. Whatever. Rather than continue to argue with people I had thought smarter and risk losing my access, again, or that this train wreck of a thread be locked, I'll bow out.

The sexual comment was bang out of order and was offensive. It's not an opinion at all, it isn't even a fact. I haven't PMd, or RTMd you, I told you up front but you still think it was your opinions that we disagreed with.
'Correct' opinions and views aren't what's needed, what is needed is posts one can read without obscenities, nonsense and insults. disagree as much as you want with posters, lord knows I do and often get fired at in return, it's all part of the fun.

Bob you forgot to mention that most of us MMAers in the UK don't pay to watch it on ESPN we watch it on our computers :lol2: but don't tell ESPN.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What comment are you talking about?

Post 84

"Just because your gym rolls around on the floor in obscene sex positions with punching bags"

It was uncalled for and unnecessary. No one has to like MMA but then no one has to make comments like this about it.