MMA "Fouls"

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You need your hips to throw really good downward elbows. Which are being grabbed when they are going for a takedown.

There would be some turtle positions that downward elbows would suck with though.

So If I strarted jumping on a guys from here. Down elbows, soccer kicks and such. That would be bad news.

But to get there you messed up a long time ago.

Otherwise. This is why MMA takedowns by MMA guys work. And Zombie tackles by that guy in the demo gets stuffed by downward elbows.

I love how he just beats his oponant to that underhook. Magically overcoming reaction time and that the striker has the shorter distance.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they should repeal the throwing the opponent out of the cage. If you can pull that off, on a conscious opponent anyway, you deserve the win. Just saying.
Agreed. Get me up over an 6-8' fence by force? You win. Heck, if you can manage to toss me up on top of the fence, I'll concede.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think a reference to another group - even if it's a false attribution - is necessarily racist.

Everything is racist nowadays...

Funfact though - in my year at school a Chinese burn became known for a while as a chin-bu.

There was a Chinese kid in our year, and it was asked of him "is it just a burn to you, seeing as you're already Chinese?"

His reply was along the lines of "I'm half Chinese, so it's more like a chin-bu".

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Everything is racist nowadays...

Funfact though - in my year at school a Chinese burn became known for a while as a chin-bu.

There was a Chinese kid in our year, and it was asked of him "is it just a burn to you, seeing as you're already Chinese?"

His reply was along the lines of "I'm half Chinese, so it's more like a chin-bu".
Not everything is racist but some things aee.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not everything is racist but some things aee.

Oh, I agree.

Plenty don't though... So it depends who you ask.

For instance, did you know that me liking Chinese food is racism through cultural appropriation?

I don't consider stuff like "Chinese burn" to be any more racist than calling a takeaway sweet and sour "Chinese food" - I mean, it may have been cooked by a Chinese person to a Chinese recipe, but that's not where it came from...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Oh, I agree.

Plenty don't though... So it depends who you ask.

For instance, did you know that me liking Chinese food is racism through cultural appropriation?

I don't consider stuff like "Chinese burn" to be any more racist than calling a takeaway sweet and sour "Chinese food" - I mean, it may have been cooked by a Chinese person to a Chinese recipe, but that's not where it came from...
Look guys . I'm not going to debate this. Terms like Indian burn are the same as saying you were gypped or that you jewed someone down in a negotiation, or that someone who does something dumb rode the short bus or is a tard.

If you disagree with me, fine. It's okay . I'll judge you though. :)

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
or that someone who does something dumb rode the short bus or is a tard.

You forgot "window licker" and "scoper" ;)

Yeah fine, it's not big or clever but let's be honest here, it's a damn sight funnier than a lynching.

I (and society at large imo) have bigger things to worry about than an internet random (that's you, no offence) judging me for using, without malice or intent, decades old colloquialisms - so judge away if you like :headphone:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am not sure how credible this is .

I didn't say it was, just that perhaps it's not racist. We've had martial arts in the UK for a lot longer than a lot of other western countries so it's not impossible. It's possible too that 'Indian' actually refers to India the martial arts there were certainly known to the British from the 16th century CE onwards.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You forgot "window licker" and "scoper" ;)

Yeah fine, it's not big or clever but let's be honest here, it's a damn sight funnier than a lynching.

I (and society at large imo) have bigger things to worry about than an internet random (that's you, no offence) judging me for using, without malice or intent, decades old colloquialisms - so judge away if you like :headphone:
I agree. That was my point. But... I am judging you. ;)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I didn't say it was, just that perhaps it's not racist. We've had martial arts in the UK for a lot longer than a lot of other western countries so it's not impossible. It's possible too that 'Indian' actually refers to India the martial arts there were certainly known to the British from the 16th century CE onwards.
Cool. I think in the USA, we can be pretty sure that up until a few decades ago, Indian did not refer to folks from India . Anymore, it's hit and miss .

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Sometimes, it's nice to know someone is thinking of you, even if it's to judge :D
True story. When I was stationed in Germany, just got there to my first duty station, a buck sgt comes through the room and the conversation stops. He says, "oh you guys must have been talking about me." Tech sgt replies, "sgt. We don't even think about you when you're not around, much less talk about you."

So yeah. I agree. That happened 30 years ago and I haven't forgotten it. :)

Reactions: pdg

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. I think in the USA, we can be pretty sure that up until a few decades ago, Indian did not refer to folks from India . Anymore, it's hit and miss .

However, America was a British colony ( India was one first)...……………… you even speak a form of English. :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
However, America was a British colony ( India was one first)...……………… you even speak a form of English. :D
How dare you!! I speak 'merican. :)

I do like a good IPA, though I prefer our local, Washington hops to the British ones. :D

Latest Discussions