Mixed reviews

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Sylvester Stallone's "Rocky Balboa" has been voted into the boxing hall of fame along with Mike Tyson and Julio Ceasar Chavez. So far, the discussion for and against an actor who has not fought at all getting into this hall of fame has been 50/50. What are your thoughts? Like it? Dislike it? Irrelevant?

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I don't think fictional characters should be in a sports hall of fame. It's a big snub to the actual athletes and fighters that get in there IMHO.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's bullcrap.

Fictional characters don't deserve this.

This smells of publicity stunt.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's bullcrap.

Fictional characters don't deserve this.

This smells of publicity stunt.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Sylvester Stallone is being inducted for writing the screenplay, and for his contribution to boxing-for many kids at the time (like, around my age at the time...15)the movie was an inspiration to box. The Hall of Fame has a category for non-participants, and I imagine that's where "Rocky" will wind up.....

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sylvester Stallone is being inducted for writing the screenplay, and for his contribution to boxing-for many kids at the time (like, around my age at the time...15)the movie was an inspiration to box. The Hall of Fame has a category for non-participants, and I imagine that's where "Rocky" will wind up.....

If it's Stallone getting put into a non participant category for the good PR, then that wouldn't bother me. If it's a fictional character, I'd be pissed.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sylvester Stallone's "Rocky Balboa" has been voted into the boxing hall of fame along with Mike Tyson and Julio Ceasar Chavez. So far, the discussion for and against an actor who has not fought at all getting into this hall of fame has been 50/50. What are your thoughts? Like it? Dislike it? Irrelevant?

Rocky Balboa is not being inducted Sylvester Stallone is for "Cinematic Achievement in Boxing". Stallone wrote all of the Rocky films and was the executive producer and host of the boxing reality series "The Contender". He was voted in for his cinematic contribution to boxing.

There are 25 other "Observers" - Print and media journalists, publishers, writers, historians, photographers and artists in the Hall of Fame including:
Howard Cosell
Larry Merchant
Bert Sugar

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rocky Balboa is not being inducted Sylvester Stallone is for "Cinematic Achievement in Boxing". Stallone wrote all of the Rocky films and was the executive producer and host of the boxing reality series "The Contender". He was voted in for his cinematic contribution to boxing.
Good to know. Thanks. It does make a difference.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk