Mike Faraone vids

manofleisure

White Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I love these vids...the only real nice clips on Serak out there.

Anyone know this guys instructor?

rooke

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
He does some of Victor's long distance training programs, but his movement and forms are not Victor's way of doing them at all. He has only the tiniest of elements from them. He also has studied with Stevan Plinck's group.

I suspect he's used alot of his prior experience from Paul Vunak's system (where he was highly ranked prior to his conversion to Serak), and has integrated aspects of Serak from various other folks. His movement styles look like a HEAVY mix of Vunak and Plinck, with just a little bit from Victor.

There may well be other influences (I suspect Maurice Dethouars, although I haven't seen them move...this is based solely on what I've heard), but if you notice Mike Faraone gives thanks to his "Serak masters"...he doesn't name a single teacher. This isn't a strike against him. I'm a huge fan of his movement, and consider him to be a GREAT example of Serak.

Rooke

Fede

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes he was Vunak's European rep. for years.

I didn't and I still don't know much about Serak, but watching him move made me want to seek out more info about it.

The fact he doesn't acknowlege is teachers publicly is a good point in his favour, in my opinion.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great stuff I like his movement as well!
icon6.gif

(the lineage is irrelevant)

rooke

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Brian, good point. At the end of the day, its what someone can DO that matters.

But to someone who's seeking out a like-minded style, where they can learn that PARTICULAR skill-set (without having access to Faraone), it may be a bit of a help to know where to look.

Personally, I'm hoping he puts out some DVD's real soon.

Rooke

Latest Discussions