Midwest Regional "Day of Champions"

Noah_Legel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This event was held this past Sunday, 3/30/08, in Bridgeview, IL. It was a multi-martial-art tournament, and I saw a large number of different schools and styles there. I was curious to see if anyone from MT was present?

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. Tell us about it. Any pics? :)

OP
Noah_Legel

Noah_Legel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well, it was a fairly large event, although despite the fact that the man running it had been doing it for quite a long time, it was not very well organized. It was interesting to see so many practitioners of Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and Okinawan martial arts all gathered in one place, and for the most part they were nice people. There were a few groups of people there who were on competition teams and XMA teams who were not so nice, and I will let them remain nameless. I don't have any pictures of the competition itself, as my girlfriend was my photographer and was taking pictures of my performances throughout the day. Here is a link to one such picture that I have uploaded:

http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs26/i/2008/096/d/c/Empi_Sho____by_Obsidian_Sun.jpg

My girlfriend pointed out that I was the loudest person at the tournament, and if you look at the people behind me in some of the pictures where I kiai, most of them are looking at me funny, which I thought was amusing :p

Latest Discussions