Michael Jai White - non telegraphic movement

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Okay, I think I get what you are saying, and where the disconnect is. You mean after they choose the weapon (right cross, for instance), but before they choose the moment. So, not the tells of the beginning of the punch, but as they move into position to be ready for it.

Edit: fixed a typo...or two
Correct. Exactly.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A really obvious example of this is with spinning attacks. I can almost always tell when someone intends to throw some spinning shiz just by their change of posture and stance.
Exactly

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It just occurred to me that MJW is fighting from a low horse stance. In the past there has been discussion about if the low stance is practical or if it's just for making the legs atrong. In the video he lowers his stance which puts his face out of range. The low stance forces his opponent to overextend. The other thing that the low stance is doing is causing tunnel vision in his opponents. They are so focused with trying to get to the head that they forget about the danger from the legs.

I have videos of me using the same strategy. It's simple and it works but yor legs have to be strong in the event that your opponent doesn't approach before your legs start to burn.

Latest Discussions