MICHAEL BISPING

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Very very happy this morning to wake up and see michael bisping has won the middleweight title. He's always been my favourite fighter the first ever fight of his I saw was him vs elvis sinosic and I always believed he deserved a title shot. But I never thought he'd win this one. 2 weeks notice against a guy who finished him already and then bisping KOs him in round 1. So happy. The first British UFC champion. The mans been fighting his *** off for years always exciting never turns a fight down never touched steroids or any of that junk. First he beats anderson silva but of course the litte haters say it was a fluke so what was this then haters? He KOs a guy with a full camp on 2 weeks notice after filming a movie. I don't care if he never defends the title bisping is the champ congratulations to him

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first ever fight I saw of his as his pro debut on our fight night against one of our fighters (an army medic who was actually an amateur but tried pro rules), he was a dickhead then and is still one. His next few fights were worked ones against poor opponents to pad his record, he is not a champion worthy of the name. He has turned down plenty of fights and are you so sure about the steroids?
I'm sorry if this bursts your bubble, yes I'm sure I'm supposed to stand up for him because he's British but the man is an arrogant twat, as is his whole family, he is one of those people who thinks he's 'entitled'.

OP
K

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The first ever fight I saw of his as his pro debut on our fight night against one of our fighters (an army medic who was actually an amateur but tried pro rules), he was a dickhead then and is still one. His next few fights were worked ones against poor opponents to pad his record, he is not a champion worthy of the name. He has turned down plenty of fights and are you so sure about the steroids?
I'm sorry if this bursts your bubble, yes I'm sure I'm supposed to stand up for him because he's British but the man is an arrogant twat, as is his whole family, he is one of those people who thinks he's 'entitled'.
Show me any proof he's taken steroids and sorry to burst your bubble but he obviously is a champion he beat anderson silva and the champion so that makes him champion.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It was a terrific card at the UFC last night. Exciting matches, wins by some great veterans (Henderson, Bisping) some great young fighters (Holloway) some great moves, punching and some terrific kicks.

Sometimes it's better to put all personal feelings aside and just enjoy a great display of what we all train. Man, what great show!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Show me any proof he's taken steroids and sorry to burst your bubble but he obviously is a champion he beat anderson silva and the champion so that makes him champion.

Oh 'obviously' a champion, beating fighters is not just what makes you a champion. Do you know him? I've known him for 12 years, he fought on our shows twice. I also know his parents and his charming brother who stuck an axe in a fellow soldier's stomach.
Does he take steroids, yes, he does, look at all the signs and look at his photos over the years. Don't take his 'anti steroids' rants as meaning he doesn't take them, remember the expression 'methinks he doth protest too much'.
Like beauty, being a champion is in the eye of the beholder.
Didn't see the UFC last night and was hoping there were no spoilers but obviously the OP forgot to say 'spoiler' in his title.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a terrific card at the UFC last night. Exciting matches, wins by some great veterans (Henderson, Bisping) some great young fighters (Holloway) some great moves, punching and some terrific kicks.

Sometimes it's better to put all personal feelings aside and just enjoy a great display of what we all train. Man, what great show!

There are some things one doesn't forgive and Bisping has done some of them so no, I'm afraid no personal feelings aside.

OP
K

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Oh 'obviously' a champion, beating fighters is not just what makes you a champion. Do you know him? I've known him for 12 years, he fought on our shows twice. I also know his parents and his charming brother who stuck an axe in a fellow soldier's stomach.
Does he take steroids, yes, he does, look at all the signs and look at his photos over the years. Don't take his 'anti steroids' rants as meaning he doesn't take them, remember the expression 'methinks he doth protest too much'.
Like beauty, being a champion is in the eye of the beholder.
Didn't see the UFC last night and was hoping there were no spoilers but obviously the OP forgot to say 'spoiler' in his title.

Umm yeah being a champion is about beating fighters since that's what wins you the tittle of champion. Yeah so what? Who cares what his brother did we're not talking about his brother here. Yeah absolutely look at his photos he's always in the same shape and where's his failed drugs test then? If he's on steroids he should fail this test as he was filming a movie and took it on short notice and no I don't know him and I very much doubt you know him much since he doesn't even live in England anymore maybe you met him once and now claim to know him very very well. I doubt he remembers or cares who you are. Bottom line he is the champion that's it and as for spoilers when you see a thread called michael bisping when he fought last night and you want to avoid spoilers it's not very smart to click on the thread is it

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Umm yeah being a champion is about beating fighters since that's what wins you the tittle of champion. Yeah so what? Who cares what his brother did we're not talking about his brother here. Yeah absolutely look at his photos he's always in the same shape and where's his failed drugs test then? If he's on steroids he should fail this test as he was filming a movie and took it on short notice and no I don't know him and I very much doubt you know him much since he doesn't even live in England anymore maybe you met him once and now claim to know him very very well. I doubt he remembers or cares who you are. Bottom line he is the champion that's it and as for spoilers when you see a thread called michael bisping when he fought last night and you want to avoid spoilers it's not very smart to click on the thread is it

I can see you aren't part of the UK MMA world. If you look at Bisping's record you will see that he had his pro debut fight on a Pride & Glory promotion in Newcastle, that's ours. He fought one of our fighters, Steve, an army lad. He had another as well as bringing fighters to our shows. I also know all his early opponents. He has also been on other shows where we had our fighters, the UK MMA world is a very small one and yes we do all know each other. He lived here for a long time before he went to love overseas so please, son, don't call me a liar when you know nothing about me. I know he took steroids because he told us, he's not the only one, it's fairly common. What that means is up for discussion.
Now, just because you don't like what someone has to say about someone doesn't mean they are lying, it doesn't mean it's not true, it means you don't like it. I'm sorry but Bisping has feet of clay.

OP
K

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I can see you aren't part of the UK MMA world. If you look at Bisping's record you will see that he had his pro debut fight on a Pride & Glory promotion in Newcastle, that's ours. He fought one of our fighters, Steve, an army lad. He had another as well as bringing fighters to our shows. I also know all his early opponents. He has also been on other shows where we had our fighters, the UK MMA world is a very small one and yes we do all know each other. He lived here for a long time before he went to love overseas so please, son, don't call me a liar when you know nothing about me. I know he took steroids because he told us, he's not the only one, it's fairly common. What that means is up for discussion.
Now, just because you don't like what someone has to say about someone doesn't mean they are lying, it doesn't mean it's not true, it means you don't like it. I'm sorry but Bisping has feet of clay.
Yes of course because a fighters going to go and tell a promoter that they're on steroids yeah that makes perfect sense lol and you said before his fights were worked? So you help to fix fights that's what your saying? Nice one

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes of course because a fighters going to go and tell a promoter that they're on steroids yeah that makes perfect sense lol and you said before his fights were worked? So you help to fix fights that's what your saying? Nice one

Sigh, Bisping was an unknown amateur fighter with no record so he was matched with like on our show. On the second he was an unknown not very good neo pro with two fights under his belt so was matched with same, his manager, his father at the time, however went on to make sure that his son's fights were against easy fighters, he refused any fights that he thought his son could lose and took easy fighters on instead therefore 'working' the fights.
There is no drugs testing in UK MMA, (we still have no governing body to enforce anything at all) the only organisations that does it is the UFC. It is not illegal in UK MMA to take steroids. The first UFC in the UK was in 2002, where Ian Freeman and Lee Remedios fought, it didn't come back until 2007. As I said, steroids are common in MMA, no promoter cared in the early 2000s about whether fighters were on steroids on or, the use of them, and different ways of way cutting such as blood doping were common topics of conversation at the time. Fighters are more wary now if they want to progress to big American shows where they do dope test but otherwise it's not as big an issue as perhaps it should be. I can tell you of fighters in the UK who have ended up hospitalised by the effects of taking steroids, one fighters who has fought in the UFC several times in the early days can no longer produce as much testosterone as he should and has now to take supplements, his health is not good now he's older. Another ended up in hospital telling people it was through too much use of Ibuprufen his kidneys packed up.
Steroid use is rife in the UK not just in MMA, read this and remember what I said about Bisping's brother. Sunday Mirror investigation reveals shocking rise of dangerous anabolic steroid use in Britain's gyms

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Let's get back to the OP.

Congrats to Bisping, he beat one hell of a fighter. And to be the first British UFC Champ, that's pretty darn cool.

The after fight press conference with Bisping and Rockhold was as expected, much ado about promoting a rematch.

Who do you like if they fight again?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It's always hard to know whether the arrogance is an act or not, but even when Bisping was on TUF, he presented as a pretty arrogant jerk.

I'll look forward to seeing the fights when I can, though.

OP
K

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It's always hard to know whether the arrogance is an act or not, but even when Bisping was on TUF, he presented as a pretty arrogant jerk.

I'll look forward to seeing the fights when I can, though.
It's an act you can see in any post fight he's always respectful as for TUF that stuff is just a step above fantasy I mean they were trying to present matt hammil as the hero of the series the American deaf wrestler being bullied by the brash British fighter

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It's an act you can see in any post fight he's always respectful as for TUF that stuff is just a step above fantasy I mean they were trying to present matt hammil as the hero of the series the American deaf wrestler being bullied by the brash British fighter
I think it's hard to tell either way. You might be right. But it also Seems like tez has some insight which suggests his act on TUF wasn't far from reality.

OP
K

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think it's hard to tell either way. You might be right. But it also Seems like tez has some insight which suggests his act on TUF wasn't far from reality.
Yeah well I'd like to see actual proof first on that. Anyway bisping was treated like garbage on that show by tito. On the DVD for tuf there's an extended episode 1 and what he said is hammil needs a training partner so I pick bisping. That's got to be kind of annoying to hear and anyway from what we saw he wasn't that bad on there hammil was an arrogant jerk as well wrestling them with no hands to prove a point and when he was tired got others to get him food. Bisping was the one who actually made piece with hammil on that show and said sorry and said he was *** hole. I remember on a behind the scenes for ufc 70 when he had one of his usual get in their face shouting staredowns he said it was all an act to get the crowd going as they want to see a bit of drama instead of them just standing in a fight position. Fact is he's no worse than connor mcgreggor or chael sonnen or any of them

OP
K

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Let's get back to the OP.

Congrats to Bisping, he beat one hell of a fighter. And to be the first British UFC Champ, that's pretty darn cool.

The after fight press conference with Bisping and Rockhold was as expected, much ado about promoting a rematch.

Who do you like if they fight again?
I think bisping again because even the first fight he wasnt dominated bisping won a lot of exchanges before he got head butted and started bleeding. People can say oh it's an excuse but it's a genuine a head butt will disorientate you that plus the cut and one of his eyes already not 100% because of trt filled belfort so he probably never saw that head kick coming

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is not illegal to take steroids in UK MMA, it is in the UFC. That's a fact.

I'm not sure what piece Bisping made of anyone.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think something we should keep in mind is that we aren' the target audience of the UFC. If they had to depend on people who actually train in any sort of fighting art, they would have been out of business a looooong time ago. Their target audience is the young action crowd, the t-shirt wearing seat fillers, the stay at home audience that likes to see fighting, the people who follow whatever trend is popular right now, and, in recent years, people who follow sports (BIG audience)

All of us here know what smack talk is, know what publicity is, know what all the related nonsense is. And some of us, kinda like it from time to time. Even if we don't, if it's necessary to keep MMA, the UFC in particular, alive, so be it.

Sure is fun to watch, though. And tactically interesting as how various matches apply to our own skill set. Or at least what we imagine our skill set to be. :)

I think when we're all watching the matches, we seperate the soap opera from the actual fight.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yeah well I'd like to see actual proof first on that. Anyway bisping was treated like garbage on that show by tito. On the DVD for tuf there's an extended episode 1 and what he said is hammil needs a training partner so I pick bisping. That's got to be kind of annoying to hear and anyway from what we saw he wasn't that bad on there hammil was an arrogant jerk as well wrestling them with no hands to prove a point and when he was tired got others to get him food. Bisping was the one who actually made piece with hammil on that show and said sorry and said he was *** hole. I remember on a behind the scenes for ufc 70 when he had one of his usual get in their face shouting staredowns he said it was all an act to get the crowd going as they want to see a bit of drama instead of them just standing in a fight position. Fact is he's no worse than connor mcgreggor or chael sonnen or any of them
yeah, well I heard that Tito was awesome, and that Michael was just mad because he caught Matt sending notes to Becca saying that Tienna didn't like him (Michael) any more. It all started when Michael asked Jasmine to the prom. But I haven't seen any proof.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
think when we're all watching the matches, we seperate the soap opera from the actual fight

Unless we know the fighters and they are actually like that in real life.

Latest Discussions