Meth

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hey David - my husband and I are trying to be aware. Nothing would surprise me. The son lives upstairs in a small apartment and has the required macho pitbull on a chain outside (which got loose and mildly attacked my german shepherd as I was walking him). It's the general redneck scenario with a bunch of cars in the frontyard, speeding up and down the road 95 mph on a piece of junk Ninja bike at 1:00 am, domestic disputes loud enough to wake the dead, etc.

Sounds like meth to me. I would call the cops at the first opportunity and tell them you think they are making meth.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[qu

Sadly, you almost have to think of the meth as being a deadly weapon and respond accordingly. Pressure points stop working because meth short-circuits the pain response. Same for lockups. Meth-heads will respond to a lockup by breaking their own bones to get to you, so don't expect to immobilize and control with a hammerlock, for example.

Best suggestion: run like hell. If you can't, sweep a leg and as they fall, run like hell. If you can't, things are going to get.....interesting....for a while.

I agree with some of what you said, but some of it is conditional, people respond to the drug in different degrees and it's not usually anything like PCP. You can make a tweaker scream, trust me.
Yes they will be more adjutated and more willing to fight, yes they will take pain better than when normally pissed off, but rarely do they become the Supermen you describe. Those people are dealy no matter what.[/quote]I find them quite fragile actually.
sean

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's the general redneck scenario with a bunch of cars in the frontyard, speeding up and down the road 95 mph on a piece of junk Ninja bike at 1:00 am, domestic disputes loud enough to wake the dead, etc.

You live next door to my in-laws?
(Sorry couldn't resist)

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You live next door to my in-laws?
(Sorry couldn't resist)
Ha ha. I'm tellin'...

Luckily, I'm on 6 acres so they aren't 10 feet away. I almost called the Sheriff's department the other night. It was around 11:00 pm and my windows were open. I would have sworn someone was going to get killed. They finally shut up after about 45 minutes.

Then the coyotes started up which got my neighbor's dogs barking. An owl was hooting near our bedroom window. At 4:00 am, the milk trucks throw on their air brakes to go around the 90 degree curve an 1/8th mile away. The country is not quiet.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ha ha. I'm tellin'...

Luckily, I'm on 6 acres so they aren't 10 feet away. I almost called the Sheriff's department the other night. It was around 11:00 pm and my windows were open. I would have sworn someone was going to get killed. They finally shut up after about 45 minutes.

Then the coyotes started up which got my neighbor's dogs barking. An owl was hooting near our bedroom window. At 4:00 am, the milk trucks throw on their air brakes to go around the 90 degree curve an 1/8th mile away. The country is not quiet.
My neighbors put rice out for the birds. I'm moraly torn on the issue, but not so much that I did anything about it. LOL
Sean

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Back on topic: I've lived in questionable parts of Portland for years and encountered a lot of tweekers. So far, they have never given me a second glance. Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, but I worry far more about the meth labs than thier clients.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha ha. I'm tellin'...

Let's see... You're on 10 acres. I'm going to guess that you didn't build your house 10 feet from the common property line; let's figure at least 100 ft between buildings, and they're having a dispute or whatever going for 45 minutes, which makes you think that someone's going to get killed.. And you only "almost" called.

Let me run this down again...

Cops, sheriff's deputies, and other similar local (and sometimes state) law enforcement officers are dispatched to calls; the dispatchers/call takers do their best to assess the call, and rank it's priority properly. They'll pull people off of low priority calls or activity to respond to emergencies. So... you see something that worries you, call it in! The worst you'll do is keep some cop or deputy from writing a ticket. How terrible!

But how would you feel if they HAD killed each other, and you didn't call...

(I can't help but suspect that there are quite a few people who lived in the same building as Kitty Genovese who have trouble sleeping at night...)

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Let's see... You're on 10 acres. I'm going to guess that you didn't build your house 10 feet from the common property line; let's figure at least 100 ft between buildings, and they're having a dispute or whatever going for 45 minutes, which makes you think that someone's going to get killed.. And you only "almost" called.

Cops, sheriff's deputies, and other similar local (and sometimes state) law enforcement officers are dispatched to calls; the dispatchers/call takers do their best to assess the call, and rank it's priority properly. They'll pull people off of low priority calls or activity to respond to emergencies. So... you see something that worries you, call it in! The worst you'll do is keep some cop or deputy from writing a ticket. How terrible!

(I can't help but suspect that there are quite a few people who lived in the same building as Kitty Genovese who have trouble sleeping at night...)
I get your points. Thank you.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

On the other hand, traffic stops are a main source of getting Meth of the streets.
Sean

Bill Bednarick

Green Belt
Reaction score
My husband would agree with you.

The question with junkies isn't the IF just the WHEN.

And the when usually comes after they cause tremendous collateral damage to everyone around them.

Every once in a while they kill themselves off young but mostly they scrabble thru life like human roaches.

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
The only advantage you have is keeping your head. Use your surroundings. Don't play their game, make them play yours. Environment, forcing predictability etc. are the best tactics aside from running. Even running you might be outclassed. Be prepared to control the situation with your brain. Guage distance, which leg is carrying the weight, their awkward side, how they respond to your actions. My freind Ryan boxed out a meth head in a street fight. Kept his distance, defensive backstep ,pop-pop, repeat. The agressor couldn't lay a hand on him because he didn't put any thought into what he was doing. Someone trained how to fight and on meth is a different story as their muscle memory serves them well. This is a drug designed for post apocalyptic zombie killing and pit fighters.

Bill Bednarick

Green Belt
Reaction score
And Nazi pilots.

Not just them...

The Japanese figured out the synthesis of Meth from natural ephedrine prior to WW2.
They used it as much or more than their pals the Nazis.
Kamikazes used it and the famous bayonet charges were meth fueled suicide attacks.

Then after the war the stockpiled Japanese military Meth was fed to their factory workers to increase production.

OP
T

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not just them...

The Japanese figured out the synthesis of Meth from natural ephedrine prior to WW2.
They used it as much or more than their pals the Nazis.
Kamikazes used it and the famous bayonet charges were meth fueled suicide attacks.

Then after the war the stockpiled Japanese military Meth was fed to their factory workers to increase production.

I remember hearing stories about how the Japanese soldiers just "wouldn't go down", and that was part of the reason that the .45 auto regained popularity -- but I figured it was a kind of a "war legend" (especially since the crux of the stories were about how only a .45 could "knock a man down" and most of us know that isn't true) but that the Japanese were just really determined.

But that makes more sense. Is there an article somewhere I could look into this deeper?

Bill Bednarick

Green Belt
Reaction score
I remember hearing stories about how the Japanese soldiers just "wouldn't go down", and that was part of the reason that the .45 auto regained popularity -- but I figured it was a kind of a "war legend" (especially since the crux of the stories were about how only a .45 could "knock a man down" and most of us know that isn't true) but that the Japanese were just really determined.

But that makes more sense. Is there an article somewhere I could look into this deeper?
It was Moro warriors in the Phillipines than wouldn't go down easy that prompted the switch back to .45 from the newer .38 revolvers.

General meth info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine

Hard facts on anything the Japanese military did during WWII are hard to find, but their fanaticism and savagery was legendary.
Here's a little about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes

Latest Discussions