Memorial Day, 2008

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, what is everyone doing for the holiday? Heading out? Staying home?

Anyone have any traditions for the holidays? My family has included quite a few veterans, but none of which have died in combat.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No specific plans for me, although I may start up the grill... mostly I'm going to be doing yardwork, I think; the weather has been predominately very nice, but the downside is I've been having to mow every week, where usually this time of year it's every other week... still, my grass is very healthy, which is a good thing!

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I spent some time grilling today, will likely do the same. Staying home for a change. Nice to relax a little bit :) The wifey prepared some mici! Yum!

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know what I'm gonna be doing tomorrow—putting down a layer of milky spore to kill as many Japanese beetle grubs as possible before they morph into the garden catastrophe they've been for the past two years here; writing up a new handout for the final week of my undergraduate syntax class; making reservations for our trip to the UK later this summer; and trying—without success, I guarantee it!—to figure out, yet again, why, no matter how much we do or how hard we work, things seem to be more disorganized and chaotic around here all the time....

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We have a BBQ and then clases tomorrow night so back to the same old thing.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Trailering a horse to Cleveland and back with an empty trailer......6 hours on the road at least.

Joy.

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I helped my oldest daughter and get girl scout troop put out flowers today, tomorrow is our little towns parade and we have a small service at the graveyard for the fallen vets. I don't think I'm dressing for the parade or service in my dress greens, not until next year when I can(Hopefully) fit into them and not look so terrible lol. Thinking as well about putting together the BBQ and doing some work outside.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We're up early loading my Jeep with chainsaws and gear. Going to head over a couple of ridgelines and cut another couple pickup loads of wood. We'll probably finish up about noon and spend the rest of the day either splitting what we cut or just relaxing til dinner time. Steaks on the grill tonight.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A visit to the memorials around town dedicated to those that served their country, with a moment of silence for those that never came back or died serving

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are grilling, cooking and well of course training. I have class tonight we never close for the holidays!
icon6.gif

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Was gonna grill but the weather did a total 360 on us. It's freaking chilly here. We just got back our memorial service and it's barely 50 outside.