McManus promoted to 5th Degree Black

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
DoctorB,

All is well and the event shall be good.

And as the old saying is 'The Check is in the Mail' :D :rofl:

See you there! :asian:

OP
D

DoctorB

Originally posted by Rich Parsons
DoctorB,

All is well and the event shall be good.

And as the old saying is 'The Check is in the Mail' :D :rofl:

See you there! :asian:

Thanks for the reply and I am familiar with that saying, but I hardly watch the mail in anticipation ;-)

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

thekuntawman

Purple Belt
Reaction score
quote: Sensei Sherwood then presented McManus with a dozen pink roses in celebration of her recent promotion to 5th degree black belt.

this is disgusting. whoever gave her this kind of rank deserve all the insults you guys throw to him.

OP
M

Mickey

Originally posted by thekuntawman
quote: Sensei Sherwood then presented McManus with a dozen pink roses in celebration of her recent promotion to 5th degree black belt.

this is disgusting. whoever gave her this kind of rank deserve all the insults you guys throw to him.

Sir this is in direct contradiction to your thread on respect.

I am confused :confused:

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Now that Lisa McManus has gotten her 5th Degre, numerically what rank is Jeff Delaney? His last number rank from RP was 5th Degree as well. I know he now claims GM status. Is is that or the original designation of Master of Tapi-Tapi which supercedes numerical rank or gives him a higher number ?
Yours,
Dan Anderson

OP
D

DoctorB

Originally posted by Dan Anderson
Now that Lisa McManus has gotten her 5th Degre, numerically what rank is Jeff Delaney? His last number rank from RP was 5th Degree as well. I know he now claims GM status. Is is that or the original designation of Master of Tapi-Tapi which supercedes numerical rank or gives him a higher number ?
Yours,
Dan Anderson

It's all a very big mystery to me, Dan. BTW, did I miss this bit of information somewhere, but I would like to know who promoted her to 5th as well as when and where did it happen. I'm just curious.

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Dr. Jerome Barber:

BTW, did I miss this bit of information somewhere, but I would like to know who promoted her to 5th as well as when and where did it happen. I'm just curious.

From the Delaney homepage:

San Antonio, Texas hosted Grandmaster Jeffrey Delaney for the 3rd annual Modern Arnis winter Training Camp (7th to 9th of February 2003)

.... Sunday morning Grandmaster Delaney presented more tapi-tapi and Filipino Dumog with the assistance of Sifu Cordova and Guro Brown. After lunch the traditional Modern Arnis "celebration of knowledge" was officiated by the Grandmaster. Following that event, Grandmaster Delaney announced the appointment of Guro Chester Brown from Albuquerque, New Mexico, to the IMAF Board of Directors. Guro Brown will be the fourth member of the board and the Spiritual Director. This position was created to enhance the organization and insure that "the art serves the students." Grandmaster Delaney also announced the promotions of: Guro Brown to Lakan Dalawa, 2nd degree black belt; Sifu Edgar Cordova to Lakan Apat, 4th degree black belt; Lisa McManus to Lakan Lima, 5th degree black belt. Grandmaster Delaney stated that these promotions were granted on the basis of skill, effort, dedication, loyalty and leadership abilities. These promotions were unanimously approved by the board and seconded by Shihan Dan Strickler, a senior member of the black belt team.

Regards from Germany

Dieter Knüttel

OP
D

DoctorB

Originally posted by Dieter
Dr. Jerome Barber:

From the Delaney homepage:

Regards from Germany

Dieter Knüttel

Thanks for the info, Dieter, though it may pain Red Blade when I write this, I'm looking for seeing in Buffalo at the Symposium.

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the info, Dieter, though it may pain Red Blade when I write this, I'm looking for seeing in Buffalo at the Symposium.

I have to admit I miss the point.
"It may pain Reb Blade" is not a saying that I am familiar with. ?

BTW, I am also looking forward seeing you and all the others at the symposium.
The tickets for me and my partner Michael are booked, I will be there.

Regards

Dieter Knüttel
Datu of Modern Arnis

OP
M

Mickey

Originally posted by Dan Anderson
Yours,
Dan Anderson

Gee Mr Anderson,

If I was 5th degree and then promoted someone to 5th degree would that not make myself 6th degree? For I would obviously have to have the talents and skills of a 6th degree to promote a 5th degree, correct?

Just my sorry opinion of the state of 'Affairs'

Mick :asian:

norshadow1

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mickey
Gee Mr Anderson,

If I was 5th degree and then promoted someone to 5th degree would that not make myself 6th degree? For I would obviously have to have the talents and skills of a 6th degree to promote a 5th degree, correct?

Just my sorry opinion of the state of 'Affairs'

Mick :asian:

OH Boy, Mick, I am certinly going to leave that last word you posted ALONE; however your question as to your rank under
the circumstances listed in your post has some very profound implications... what if the converse were true?

Lamont

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
They have a spiritual director now ("Guro Brown").

I'm just waiting in anticipation for what they will come up with next. No Touch Knockouts? Perhaps another Jonestown Massacre?

:rolleyes:

OP
M

Mickey

Originally posted by norshadow1
OH Boy, Mick, I am certinly going to leave that last word you posted ALONE; however your question as to your rank under
the circumstances listed in your post has some very profound implications... what if the converse were true?

Lamont

I apologize Lamont for I do not understand your comment about and choice of words. I admit to being out of the loop on these issues, so please take my word choice to mean the state of the business then. I did not mean to imply anything. :(

The Converse, being that the 5th degree promotes themselves, and then promotes others. Ok, same result.

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by PAUL
They have a spiritual director now ("Guro Brown").

I'm just waiting in anticipation for what they will come up with next. No Touch Knockouts? Perhaps another Jonestown Massacre?

:rolleyes:

Paul, do you know Guro Brown or any negative behaviors attributed to him? If not, be careful, he could be an innocent.

I don't know either Mr. Cordova or Mr. Brown, but, both Mr. Cordova and Mr. Brown are reaching out to the native-american populations. Mr. Cordova is also hosting MARPPIO.

Palusut

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Palusut
Paul, do you know Guro Brown or any negative behaviors attributed to him? If not, be careful, he could be an innocent.

I don't know either Mr. Cordova or Mr. Brown, but, both Mr. Cordova and Mr. Brown are reaching out to the native-american populations. Mr. Cordova is also hosting MARPPIO.

Palusut

True...I don't know know Mr. Cordova or Mr. Brown....I don't mean them any ill will in their work, whatever that might be.

My laughable sarcasm was more directed at the P.R. move of electing a spiritual director by Deleneys organization. One must admit that this is sort of funny, no matter what way you look at it. :D

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Chester Brown is a really nice guy and a decent arnis player. He is also very involved in the religious aspects of his culture as a pratitioner and teacher.
A highlight, for me, of a camp a few years past was having Chester explain various aspects of the Navajo belief system and culture to me.
Chad

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by dearnis.com
Chester Brown is a really nice guy and a decent arnis player. He is also very involved in the religious aspects of his culture as a pratitioner and teacher.
A highlight, for me, of a camp a few years past was having Chester explain various aspects of the Navajo belief system and culture to me.
Chad

Chad,

This sounds like fun to me. I would like to have heard this history also.

If you have the time to e-mail me some tid bits I would be very happy. :)

Thanks

OP
E

Emptyglass

Dan:

That's an interesting question. I'd like to hear the answer to that one as well.

Regards,

Rich Curren

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Emptyglass
Dan:

That's an interesting question. I'd like to hear the answer to that one as well.

Regards,

Rich Curren

Well, does any one have an answer to Dan's Questions? or
for that matter the converse of Mickey's statment?

:asian:

Latest Discussions