McGregor vs Khabib

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
He'd already gone over the fence before that but yes mcgrgeor did throw a punch first. There was a video but conveniently been taken down now
Well, after the commission reviewed the evidence they found Conor did nothing wrong, while kabob had his purse withheld.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There’s a huge difference between talking and doing. And especially when innocent bystanders are involved and at risk. I’m not talking about the people Khabib directly went after, I’m talking about the people sitting next to him. I’m sure they didn’t deserve all the physical activity they were subjected to.

The whole thing’s an absolute disgrace. I don’t think there’s words strong enough to describe how disgraceful the whole thing is. Doesn’t matter who started what and how nor who retaliated and how. And it’s quite obvious Khabib’s actions were premeditated.

My opinions don’t matter in the whole grand scheme of things because I’ve never ordered UFC PPV nor will I. This has nothing to do with that. I have zero interest in it.

Yeah. Those poor guys in the crowd who got to see kabib bash a dude from a foot away.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah. Those poor guys in the crowd who got to see kabib bash a dude from a foot away.
The ones who got pushed and shoved out of the way. The ones who got forced in the middle of something they weren’t looking for. Kinda like when a brawl breaks out in the bar and a bunch of unassociated people around it get thrown around.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, after the commission reviewed the evidence they found Conor did nothing wrong, while kabob had his purse withheld.
Yeah like I said by coincidence the video was deleted. Funny that right

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just watched the entire fight, and yeah McGregor got dominated, especially on the ground. I think in one round it was 60 vs 3 significant punches in Khabib's favor. By Round 4, McGregor looked like he had been through the meat grinder.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So what the disconnect seems to be is people thought kabib didn't mean what he said for the months leading up because Connor didn't mean what he said.

So Connor got warned. His corner got warned. And they still pushed.

And everyone was surprised kabib actually backed his statements up.

For some people words mean something. And I think there is honor in that.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
So what the disconnect seems to be is people thought kabib didn't mean what he said for the months leading up because Connor didn't mean what he said.

Well no it's honour it's stupid. Yes mcgrgeor started it all and him and his yes men deserved what they got but doesn't make what happened any less dumb. Both acted like total idiots and both should be punished for their actions. All he did was ruin what should've been the biggest night of his life. Now everyone's talking about that stupid brawl instead of the fact mcgrgeor got his **** handed to him for 4 rounds so they're talking about that instead of how good khabib is. So yeah total idiotic move best thing he should've done was get his hand raised get the belt put on him and rub it in mcgrgeors face and maybe trash talk him in the interview that would've been the perfect ending

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I haven't kept up with all the pre-fight trash talk. Did Khabib say that after the fight he was going to assault one of Conor's teammates outside the cage or that his teammates were going to gang up to jump Conor while he was waiting for the announcement of the winner?

I've got a lot of admiration for Conor and Khabib in terms of their martial skills. As people? Not so much.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well no it's honour it's stupid. Yes mcgrgeor started it all and him and his yes men deserved what they got but doesn't make what happened any less dumb. Both acted like total idiots and both should be punished for their actions. All he did was ruin what should've been the biggest night of his life. Now everyone's talking about that stupid brawl instead of the fact mcgrgeor got his **** handed to him for 4 rounds so they're talking about that instead of how good khabib is. So yeah total idiotic move best thing he should've done was get his hand raised get the belt put on him and rub it in mcgrgeors face and maybe trash talk him in the interview that would've been the perfect ending

I like to think kabib is out there somewhere still beating up people who were mean to him

You just keep flying like an eagle kabib.
images.jpg

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I haven't kept up with all the pre-fight trash talk. Did Khabib say that after the fight he was going to assault one of Conor's teammates outside the cage or that his teammates were going to gang up to jump Conor while he was waiting for the announcement of the winner?

I've got a lot of admiration for Conor and Khabib in terms of their martial skills. As people? Not so much.
There's only so far people can be pushed sometimes. He insured khabibs religion and his family and his country. I'm not saying what he did was right it wasn't. It was completely stupid but at the end of the day mcgrgeor started using physical violence so he can't be surprised when he gets it back.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rener and Ryron have thoughts on the matter.
Towards the end they express some opinions on the value of TMA vs MMA.
My first reaction: Rener and Ryron aren't as young as they used to be. Am I gloating? Maybe just a bit. :smuggrin:

I like their focus. They talk effectiveness, but don't leave character out of it. That's my kind of martial artist.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think security messed up as well. As soon as khabib started off yelling at the guy they should've had all the commission on him keeping him away not just one guy. Then when it went really mad they should've locked down the cage closed off the doors got security around the fence to stop them jumping in. It was a mess the cage doors were wide open so anyone could run in. Seems like though they had the security none of them were actually prepared for a situation

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Connor shot first on the team mates.

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
"When someone incessantly insults your family, your country, your religion, commits violence against you and threatens to kill you, it's your duty to respond". - Khabib

He should not have done what he did, especially one of Khabib's guys that sucker punched McGregor, but everyone has their limit.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
"When someone incessantly insults your family, your country, your religion, commits violence against you and threatens to kill you, it's your duty to respond". - Khabib

He should not have done what he did, especially one of Khabib's guys that sucker punched McGregor, but everyone has their limit.
McGregor punched first then another one saw it and jumped in from behind. Mcgrgeor started that part of it

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Another thing that's not being said is mcgrgeor hit him with an illegal knee while they were on the ground

Latest Discussions