McGregor/Diaz 3. Does anyone care?

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) was expected to put Conor McGregor in the pay-per-view (PPV) main event of UFC 219 in Las Vegas,"

I am also rescinding my invitation to Conor for Thanksgiving dinner as well.

OP
Finlay

Finlay

Green Belt
Reaction score
He hasn't yet but if this sport has any credibility left he will be. Jumping in a cage he had no business being in and assaulting 2 officials and shown no remorse. The guys become nothing than an attention whore who hates not being the centre of attention same as when he was acting like a total idiot during his guys fight in the ufc the other week and he had to be put back in his seat

McGregor leaps into Bellator ring, causes stir

Believing your own press that you are untouchable....

He is just a side show now. Once again, he lost against Diaz, then won on points with some controversy, then lost again Mayweather. Yet runs about like he owns the place because he got paid money for those fights

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Believing your own press that you are untouchable....

He is just a side show now. Once again, he lost against Diaz, then won on points with some controversy, then lost again Mayweather. Yet runs about like he owns the place because he got paid money for those fights
Yep and he's got a bunch of idiot fans defending him for everything. The guy is a slightly above average fighter who's used his mouth to get him into the spotlight. The only 2 real impressive wins in my eyes are aldo and Alvarez. He's a good boxer I won't even say full striker because his kicks never have much effect, he doesn't use a clinch or knees or elbows and his wrestling and Jiu Jitsu are below average if he was as good as he says why's he avoiding defending a title if he's that good he should want to get in and prove to everyone he's the best

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yep and he's got a bunch of idiot fans defending him for everything. The guy is a slightly above average fighter who's used his mouth to get him into the spotlight. The only 2 real impressive wins in my eyes are aldo and Alvarez. He's a good boxer I won't even say full striker because his kicks never have much effect, he doesn't use a clinch or knees or elbows and his wrestling and Jiu Jitsu are below average if he was as good as he says why's he avoiding defending a title if he's that good he should want to get in and prove to everyone he's the best

You don't win UFC belts by being slightly above average.

That's ridiculous.....if you don't like him that's fine....but the guy is a heckuva fighter.... denying that just shows your personal bias against him.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score

That's ridiculous.....if you don't like him that's fine....but the guy is a heckuva fighter.... denying that just shows your personal bias against him.
Course you do happens all the time. Fighters who aren't as good as the guy they beat wins titles. So are you telling me matt Serra is better than gsp are you or jds is better than Cain Velasquez. Nah he's not a "heckuva" fighter he got manhandled by a out of shape chad Mendes. He got tired after 2 rounds against diaz and nearly got knocked out before he turned to panic wrestle mode. He again gassed like hell against mayweather. Again the only 2 impressive wins are aldo and Alvarez and the aldo fight really wasnt a show of his skills since it was so short if it happened again I believe he'd lose or not do as well. That's not bias that's actually analysing his fights and not just blindly fanboying over him

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

CallKick.jpg

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
he's not a "heckuva" fighter he got manhandled by a out of shape chad Mendes. He got tired after 2 rounds against diaz and nearly got knocked out before he turned to panic wrestle mode. He again gassed like hell against mayweather. Again the only 2 impressive wins are aldo and Alvarez and the aldo fight really wasnt a show of his skills since it was so short if it happened again I believe he'd lose or not do as well. That's not bias that's actually analysing his fights and not just blindly fanboying over him

tenor.gif

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lol so you have nothing to say to it so you put a silly photo instead

To clarify:

I have already posted that claiming MacGregor is a slightly above average fighter is a ridiculous opinion.

Therefore, I see no reason to continue to argue about such a (IMHO) foolish opinion or analysis.

Hence the gif.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
To clarify:

I have already posted that claiming MacGregor is a slightly above average fighter is a ridiculous opinion.

Therefore, I see no reason to continue to argue about such a (IMHO) foolish opinion or analysis.

Hence the gif.
Lol at least I've given an analysis all you can do is say he's a "heckuva" fighter yeah great insite right there lol

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lol at least I've given an analysis all you can do is say he's a "heckuva" fighter yeah great insite right there lol
Not really. You are the other end of the 'mcgregor for God' spectrum. Both positions are comical.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Not really. You are the other end of the 'mcgregor for God' spectrum. Both positions are comical.
I've said he's slightly above average. He's a good striker but his wrestling and Jiu Jitsu are below average and his cardio is way below average. That's not just blind hating that's facts that are on display for all who want to see it

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My two cents. Macgrefor is a gifted fighter and also a douche bag. The ufc doesn't NEED him, but the equation is trouble vs money. I.e. is he worth it? Is the damage he does to the brand worse than the revenue his antics generate? Well... That's fluid. But the idea that yhe ufc folds without him is unrealistic.

Also its not just idiot fans who like him. Tez3 is a respected and respectable fan of mma and has defended him several times saying that its marketing and self promotion. I agree and also think he takes it too far. Personally I hate all that junk. I like pros like demetrius johnson. I prefer guys who take the job seriously and act like adults with some degree if impulse control and self management. But that's just me. :)

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
My two cents. Macgrefor is a gifted fighter and also a douche bag. The ufc doesn't NEED him, but the equation is trouble vs money. I.e. is he worth it? Is the damage he does to the brand worse than the revenue his antics generate? Well... That's fluid. But the idea that yhe ufc folds without him is unrealistic.

Also its not just idiot fans who like him. Tez3 is a respected and respectable fan of mma and has defended him several times saying that its marketing and self promotion. I agree and also think he takes it too far. Personally I hate all that junk. I like pros like demetrius johnson. I prefer guys who take the job seriously and act like adults with some degree if impulse control and self management. But that's just me. :)
Totally disagree about it just being self promotion. Using homophobic and racist slurs isn't self promotion, assaulting people isn't self promotion, throwing water bottles that hit innocent fans isn't self promotion that's the act of a arrogant nasty person. Maybe that was how he was years ago but now he's turned into a total scumbag now who believes his own hype and believes he can do what he wants and if he doesn't get punished for his actions quick it'll be something much worse that he does next.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Both positions are comical.

Really?

My position is just that he is very good fighter and I respect what he has accomplished in winning championships in 2 weight classes.

UFC is the top of the the professional mma world and winning a championship in it is a significant achievement and takes a great amount of ability.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Really?

My position is just that he is very good fighter and I respect what he has accomplished in winning championships in 2 weight classes.

UFC is the top of the the professional mma world and winning a championship in it is a significant achievement and takes a great amount of ability.
And then ran away as fast as he could and refused to defend them for over a year and has already had one taken off him for refusing to defend and ufc are clutching at straws for reasons not to strip him of his other title. If he's that good then defend it and prove it

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Really?

I wouldn't classify that under the fanboy category, I agree with this.

You have to admit, there are extremes when talking about McGregor though, ranging from he sucks(which is ridiculous) to he sh#ts gold bricks(which is ridiculous)

The fact is he is a gifted striker and has been able to rise to the top with that skillset.

With that said though, 3 years as champ and not a single defense. He makes DC look like an active champion.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
You have to admit, there are extremes when talking about McGregor though, ranging from he sucks(which is ridiculous) to he sh#ts gold bricks(which is ridiculous)

I agree

The fact is he is a gifted striker and has been able to rise to the top with that skillset.

With that said though, 3 years as champ and not a single defense. He makes DC look like an active champion.

IMHO, I just want to see good fights....

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree

IMHO, I just want to see good fights....

I agree, but I also think champions should fight top contenders, and there has been a disturbing move away from that concept in recent times as it concerns the UFC.

Latest Discussions