Max Payne The Movie !!

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Could be good, but probably won't be. Too bad, MP is one of my favorite games of all time. At least Uwe Boll isn't directing.

OP
bowser666

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Could be good, but probably won't be. Too bad, MP is one of my favorite games of all time. At least Uwe Boll isn't directing.

I tihkn it will be good. Mark Wahlberg has come along way in his acting. ( He rocked in The Departed). Yeah Uwe Boll would be a curse on this movie. I plan on keeping an open mind about it.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I tihkn it will be good. Mark Wahlberg has come along way in his acting. ( He rocked in The Departed). Yeah Uwe Boll would be a curse on this movie. I plan on keeping an open mind about it.

I've always thought Mark does pretty well in acting. Much better than he did rapping :D I thought he did a good job back as far as "Boogie Nights."

And I second the motion to thank lucky starts Uwe isn't directing. Why they let him make movies is STILL a mystery to me — almost as much of a mystery as why actors who can get work elsewhere would ever work with him.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why they let him make movies is STILL a mystery to me — almost as much of a mystery as why actors who can get work elsewhere would ever work with him.

Because he turns a profit. Not a huge one, but making some money isn't a big problem when your movies are cheap. As Kevin Smith revealed, as long as you consistently make them a little money, the studios will always greenlight you.

As for the actors, most of them are small timers. Jason Statham is the biggest actor Boll has gotten recently that I can think of. Otherwise it's mostly has-beens like Tara Reid and Christian Slater or never-quite-beens like Kristanna Loken.

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I like mark, I think he did good in the departed, and four brothers. The movie looks pretty good!!!!

Latest Discussions