Material for staffs

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I gave you a few. Ideally, you might take this as an indication that there is more in this area than you're familiar with.
I'm definitely not familiar with any martial art's staffs like you have discussed.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some people see nothing wrong with making modern modifications to classical weapons. Somebody who strictly wants to be a traditionalist might be opposed to that and based on your posts, you sound like you do. Sporting goods might not be the main topic of discussion but its an example of how effective a metal such as titanium can be.

No, it's not. You've ignored every aspect of reality that everyone has given you.

BTW something isn't fantasy if it exists. I see no reason why a titanium tipped staff couldn't be made, and if its made its not fantasy. It might not be historically accurate or traditionally accurate but its not fantasy.

Yes, it is fantasy. Yes, you could make it, but it'd be redundant and, well… fantasy.

And on a side note Im not your lord.

Really? You're serious with that comment?

Certainly not like they do now.

Dude… WOODEN weapons. WOODEN. Please explain what development in metallurgy has to do with WOODEN weapons.

Back then it would be fantasy but not today.

Yes, it would.

I'm definitely not familiar with any martial art's staffs like you have discussed.

Which is why I gave it to you.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dude… WOODEN weapons. WOODEN. Please explain what development in metallurgy has to do with WOODEN weapons.
You yourself mentioned that some of the wooden staffs had metal in them. You mentioned metal rings in a previous post.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, I did. However, they are a rarity… and, frankly, doesn't mean anything when you're still asking about what metals are useful for WOODEN weapons…