Mate has lost half of an ear.

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My gymmate, bjj brown belt and sometimes mmafighter (here is his last fight from polish bareknuckle MMA tournament WOTORE,he is the smaller one 95kg/207lbs, opponent was 137kg/302 lbs:
) was in a street fight 4 days ago.
His sister was attacked by 3 individuals, he stand up for her, and one of the attackers has bitten off half of his ear.
The article is in polish and photos are nasty:
Horror w stolicy! Zawodnik MMA bronił koleżanki! Napastnik odgryzł mu ucho!.

Attackers has escaped.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Because he couldn't find another 95kg guy?

Anyway. Yeah. Street fights are tough. A mate of mine lost an eye.

But on a brighter note. This guy has no ears and they made a movie about him.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And that’s the difference between and real fights

Honestly when you are talking bare knuckle and the other guy has 20 odd kilos on you.

There isn't that much difference.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
People can decide for themselves if they want to participate in an open weight class or not.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Just about every BJJ tournament offers an open weight bracket to anyone who medals in their own weight class. I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just about every BJJ tournament offers an open weight bracket to anyone who medals in their own weight class. I don’t see anything wrong with it.
You’re not getting smashed in the face in bjj

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re not getting smashed in the face in bjj

If you're not being required to do it, so what? If you're looking at the competition as training for self defense, mixing up sizes could be considered a good thing. Or if you just want to see how you'd do against a particular person.

The last tournament I fought in, I entered an age group with men 15-20 years younger than me. There were no weight categories either. Wasn't a big deal.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The whole weight division thing has always amused me. If you're training in a gym that has fight training and more than a few people, you'll fight with all of them. Which is a very good thing.

Then there's striking competitions with weight divisions.....and so many of the fighters dehydrate to make the weight limit and rehydrate to their real weight and then fight.

Weigh ins should be on the ring apron just before stepping in. You know, to see how much a fighter weighs.
What a concept, actual weight!

As for ears getting bit off...what? I didn't hear you. Joke.

That's an ugly thing done by ugly people.