Master Al Case' Matrix Martial Arts

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So says the self titled scary middle aged woman :)

Why thank you sir!

Surely though I can't be the only martial artist who likes things simple? I like plain instruction with plain practising, I can't be doing with messing up things to make them seem something they are not. I like a punch to KO someone not to have a discussion on metaphysics with them. A kick should hurt someone not debate the meaning of life. :)

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm going to try steal a quote and quite possibly mangle it here. When you train an art that's primarily based on deception, does it not defeat at least half the purpose if your enemy knows what to expect?

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wait.. that sounds random. I guess what I'm saying is we'd probably be more like "heeeeyyy want some coffee? how about a movie? let's talk life!" and then kill them when they relax and least suspect it.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is this what you're talking about Supra?

[yt]n2_Z-whRDRk[/yt]

The first kata in Araki Ryu Kempo Kogusoku is exactly that, invite someone round for tea, get them a nice cuppa, then attack!!! Some nastier versions include repeatedly stabbing the victim after throwing the serving tray in their face....

Oh, and as an aside, this kata apparently comes from when the founder was ordered to kill a friend, and chose this method. The idea is to be able to hide your intent from them until it's too late.... and people think Ninja are sneaky!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

[yt]n2_Z-whRDRk[/yt]

The first kata in Araki Ryu Kempo Kogusoku is exactly that, invite someone round for tea, get them a nice cuppa, then attack!!! Some nastier versions include repeatedly stabbing the victim after throwing the serving tray in their face....

Oh, and as an aside, this kata apparently comes from when the founder was ordered to kill a friend, and chose this method. The idea is to be able to hide your intent from them until it's too late.... and people think Ninja are sneaky!

Personally I'd just poison them :)

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score

[yt]n2_Z-whRDRk[/yt]

Ummm... yes.... that's exactly what I had in mind when I made that example up, I mean recalled that kata ;)

@ Tez - Please see my previous comment lol

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supra, I have a long standing invite to go out to Australia (well Tasmania lol) when I save up enough money and get there we really will have to meet up........................:lol:

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score
That sounds fun Tez :) Tassie as we call it is "around the corner" from where we are so it's a short flight/swim over. Maybe you could come see us train sometime as well, might make some difference to how you view ninjutsu. AFAIK no one in our classes wears home made rope sandals and hides in bushes :lol:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
you all are invited to look me up if you ever make it to California. San Francisco to be more exact. Consider the invite open.

Just thought I'd throw it out there, since we're gettin' all warm and fuzzy...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you all are invited to look me up if you ever make it to California. San Francisco to be more exact. Consider the invite open.

Just thought I'd throw it out there, since we're gettin' all warm and fuzzy...

But we aren't drinking tea or coffee with anyone!

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just a friendly pint?

I feel kinda bad... It seems almost every thread I post in tends to get derailed... Fun derailed but derailed so apologies to the OP!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a friendly pint?

I feel kinda bad... It seems almost every thread I post in tends to get derailed... Fun derailed but derailed so apologies to the OP!

to be honest it's probably me, it's how I have conversations at home, well it's probably how most women have conversations!

Besides I am still waiting for the OP to explain to me what he's talking about , I'm not that dim but it just all seems very complicated and frankly how complicated can hitting and kicking someone be?

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Once again, that proves you're a sweetheart outside the ring but I can't let you take the fall for this one. Happens in threads you haven't posted on as well. For instance I started a thread in the JSA titled 'Why do you train' asking (surprise surprise) why people trained in sword arts, what the fascination was and it was going great for a page and a bit and now we're in a discussion about Sensei... I mean Mr. Parker's devilish good looks and charms....

As for the actual OP, I'm confused. I thought it was just him asking for an opinion of material shown in a video? Or you do you mean Mr. Case's reply?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again, that proves you're a sweetheart outside the ring but I can't let you take the fall for this one. Happens in threads you haven't posted on as well. For instance I started a thread in the JSA titled 'Why do you train' asking (surprise surprise) why people trained in sword arts, what the fascination was and it was going great for a page and a bit and now we're in a discussion about Sensei... I mean Mr. Parker's devilish good looks and charms....

As for the actual OP, I'm confused. I thought it was just him asking for an opinion of material shown in a video? Or you do you mean Mr. Case's reply?

I posted up saying I had no idea what he was talking about and was hoping for a simple answer but I'm guessing I have to pay for it?

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh right, when you said us non americans needed a translation from the california/movie speak. Totally missed that. Threw me when you said OP though cause the thread was started by TaiChiTJ asking for people's opinions on the video he provided. I blame global warming for all miscommunication

Latest Discussions