MartialTalk Sold

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Great, April Fools, lol, you cant put a price on the knowldege and on some of the contributions around this forum.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
While details of the transaction are confidential at this time, I am pleased to announce that negotiations with the new owner were concluded earlier this evening. More details will be forthcoming over the next week or 2.

We anticipate few immediate changes to the site.

I will be staying on in a consultant manner for the next few weeks while the transition is done. Major Server upgrades are planned, as are several new features, including a transition to a quad processor server running 16GB of ram, and double raid 5 Ultra SCSI hard drives. Yes, I drooled heavily when I saw those specs.

I am excited about what is in store for the future, and look forward to cashing the large 7 figure check. Once it clears, I plan on chartering a private jet, hiring 2 rather well trained body guards, and flying around the world where I will personally turbo moon every one who ever said this site wouldn't work. I then plan on retiring to New Zealand where I will focus on my art and photography. (Clients of mine need not fear, the company will be fully funded and also boosted to the extreme. :) )

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to break out the -good- bubbly! YeeHaw!!!! :D

Bob,

I liekd New Zealand when I was there. We could jet over to Japan for some Fresh Sashumi, and hit Beijing for some nice Chinese. I would not mind being your body guards and food taster :lol: :D

kenpo0324

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Bob, you're pulling our legs, aren't you?? and if not Congrats...

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A few more details:
The buyout was funded by a major martial arts magazine publisher with very deep pockets.
They plan on running the site independently for now, but may merge it with other properties they have purchased to create a mega-site.
The new server will in fact be a 3 unit cluster. 1 handling web and email, 1 handling database and 1 handling backups. It's a sweet setup, and would make a hell of a Quake Server. :D
Staff salaries will be doubled, and may actually include real money now. This will put an end to our traditional payment method of sending monopoly money at Easter, but some changes will be for the best, I am told.
Sale price is covered by a nondisclosure agreement. Let me just say, it's in the range Edmund suggested. A very comfortable range at that.

I'm currently debating between Northland and Auckland, NZ as a destination. Both appear to be quite beautify, and offer many many opportunities for basking in the sun and land scape photography. I'll also be dying whats left of my hair blue as I will no longer have to worry about a conservative suit poopooing my appearance. (The eyebrow ring went in this afternoon - In WNY, goto CowPok on Elmwood, excellent work, best in the region!)

Rich, soon as the check clears and I get the govt paperwork done, we'll be off. First stop - Japan! :D I'm in the mood for some real good sushi.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hhmmm...wonder if I have any claim to the posts I have made on this site. 0.82% has to be worth something..

Bob, you will be hearing from my lawyer... :D ;)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
with that $$ you can really start that photo studio and hire some great lookers

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
A few more details:
The buyout was funded by a major martial arts magazine publisher with very deep pockets.
They plan on running the site independently for now, but may merge it with other properties they have purchased to create a mega-site.
The new server will in fact be a 3 unit cluster. 1 handling web and email, 1 handling database and 1 handling backups. It's a sweet setup, and would make a hell of a Quake Server. :D
Staff salaries will be doubled, and may actually include real money now. This will put an end to our traditional payment method of sending monopoly money at Easter, but some changes will be for the best, I am told.
Sale price is covered by a nondisclosure agreement. Let me just say, it's in the range Edmund suggested. A very comfortable range at that.

:whip:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hehehe.

Yeah, April Fools. :)

Cudos to everyone who got the hints, and haha to those who fell for the gag. Next year, it's gonna be cooler. :)

Oh, but trust me, If I ever do win that lottery....I will be turbo mooning. :D

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
Hehehe.

Yeah, April Fools. :)

Cudos to everyone who got the hints, and haha to those who fell for the gag. Next year, it's gonna be cooler. :)

Oh, but trust me, If I ever do win that lottery....I will be turbo mooning. :D

Does that mean Martial Talk is NOT being sold? :idunno:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not at this time, no.

But, if I ever run into someone who will pay my asking price ($2.8 million at this moment BTW, and that is no joke), I'll have to consider it.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
Not at this time, no.

But, if I ever run into someone who will pay my asking price ($2.8 million at this moment BTW, and that is no joke), I'll have to consider it.

I know, I'm not that dense, LOL. :partyon:

You did have me fooled for a while (as did OnlyAnEgg); particularly because Bullshido did the same thing for 4/1.

I do hope that you eventually get your 2.8 million, though. :)

Can I have the 48 points back that I positively rep'd you for in congratulations? Then again, perhaps you deserved them for such a witty joke...

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice one! I got it right after I went to class and a student made a comment that reminded me what day it was!
Again, the teacher learn from the honorable student! :0)

Latest Discussions