MartialTalk Sold

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While details of the transaction are confidential at this time, I am pleased to announce that negotiations with the new owner were concluded earlier this evening. More details will be forthcoming over the next week or 2.

We anticipate few immediate changes to the site.

I will be staying on in a consultant manner for the next few weeks while the transition is done. Major Server upgrades are planned, as are several new features, including a transition to a quad processor server running 16GB of ram, and double raid 5 Ultra SCSI hard drives. Yes, I drooled heavily when I saw those specs.

I am excited about what is in store for the future, and look forward to cashing the large 7 figure check. Once it clears, I plan on chartering a private jet, hiring 2 rather well trained body guards, and flying around the world where I will personally turbo moon every one who ever said this site wouldn't work. I then plan on retiring to New Zealand where I will focus on my art and photography. (Clients of mine need not fear, the company will be fully funded and also boosted to the extreme. :) )

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to break out the -good- bubbly! YeeHaw!!!! :D

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'll be your body guard if you will be my long lost pal...."do-do-do-do, do do-do-de!" ;)

Serieously, Bob, wtf are you talking about? did you really sell martial talk!? For 7 figures!?!? Oh my goodness, wow. I just crapped my pants! Golly gosh, what month is this again?

:)

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
WOW! This popped out of the blue. Keep us informed! Will you still be a member of this BB after your consultant period? When can you let everyone know who bought MT?

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm glad for you! :partyon:

The years of hard work have finally paid off! I hope the part about seven figures isn't a joke, though, because I hope you got a LOT of dough for this site. I know Bullshido was recently sold as well.

I'm sure that you'd only leave this site in good hands, but I do hope that they retain the features that made this site what it is today.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bob, you're pulling our legs, aren't you??

- Ceicei

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
Bob, you're pulling our legs, aren't you??

- Ceicei

I don't think so. Someone's buying boards right now. I'm glad to hear about the new hardware, BUT, it's Bob's unique personality (and intolerance for backstabbing) that has made this site great. I hope the new owners continue this tradition!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
HOLY COW!!!!!!

Migosh Bob, congratulations!

Hey, if you are overhauling your telecommunications infrastructure in any of this, you know who to PM, eh? :D

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob if this is real it is a sad day for me, I'm happy for you but MT is not MT without you in control and if this is an April fool joke you made the M&G so much nicer for me!!!!!

PS remember the little guys.
Terry

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mama Mia..What news...

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ummm..this has GOT to be an April Fools joke...this BETTER be an April Fools joke. :xtrmshock

If it's not, I will be happy for you, but the board would never be the same without you as our Capy-ton.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree that this place won't be the same without bob! Is it a joke or not? It's a nice chunk of change there if it's for real, bob!

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hubbard:

We agreed ALL details of this transaction were to be kept confidential. I view this thread as breach of that agreement.

No deal.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Turbo moon? I'm gonna need the BIG pellet rifle for this one. Let me know what DAY it is that you're gonna do the fly-by so I'll be ready.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Seven figures for MT...priceless.

:redeme:

April Fools?

tsdclaflin

Green Belt
Reaction score
This MUST be a 4/1 joke.

7 figures? This forum is priceless to those that use it, but not worth THAT much from a business standpoint.

When I told my wife last night about it (when I believed it), she asked HOW it was worth so much. I replied "ads". Upon further reflection, there is not enough ad potentional to make it worth 7 figures.

Nice 4/1 joke tho.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
April Fools to you too. TW

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
I stand between the Dorkness and the Not Bright
tsdclaflin said:
This MUST be a 4/1 joke.

7 figures? This forum is priceless to those that use it, but not worth THAT much from a business standpoint.

When I told my wife last night about it (when I believed it), she asked HOW it was worth so much. I replied "ads". Upon further reflection, there is not enough ad potentional to make it worth 7 figures.

Nice 4/1 joke tho.
Not totally true. Common pricing on a website sales seems to fall in the $25-40 per visitor range. According to Bob's published traffic, this site gets 100,000+ visitors a month. That would set a price somewhere between $2.5 and 4 Million US dollars. I did some reading, and there are a few companies going around and buying up web forums lately. MartialTalk is one of the top martial arts sites out there, and an interested party might just spend that much for the site. I wouldn't, but then again, I don't have that kind of coin either.

Enjoy the turbo mooning. Some of those people deserve the face time with your fanny. :rofl:

Latest Discussions