Martial Arts

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have been studying just short of 17 years various arts and a few people I am glad to still consider instructors/family/friends. Even though I may not be a part of those orgs or schools anymore I still seek advise and assistance from these people. The longer I stay in the more I learn the more I realize its all the same. Sure there are variations but the idea is all the same. I was once told that any one movement could be a lock a block a throw or a blow and the more I see and do the more I realize this to be true at least for me. What have you noticed over the years

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Other than I slow down a little with age and that I do not recover from injury as fast, I would say that I have learned that the martial arts is much the same as the world. You will find those who are fanatics and those that disbelieve, you will find those devoted who train hard and endlessly and those that just show up to socialize, You will find those that give of themselves and those that are selfish with their knowledge, and you will find those that know what they are talking about and teaching and those that are complete frauds.
As far as what can be done with any given technique, well that depends on how open and realistic your mind and training is.

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Other than I slow down a little with age and that I do not recover from injury as fast, I would say that I have learned that the martial arts is much the same as the world. You will find those who are fanatics and those that disbelieve, you will find those devoted who train hard and endlessly and those that just show up to socialize, You will find those that give of themselves and those that are selfish with their knowledge, and you will find those that know what they are talking about and teaching and those that are complete frauds.
As far as what can be done with any given technique, well that depends on how open and realistic your mind and training is.

Great post I couldn't agree more

Latest Discussions