Martial Arts Space

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
They exist, although I've never seen a general one. They seem to be pretty specific.

I've never really seen the point, though. I mean, why join jiujitsushare when I'm already on facebook and myspace...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everyone and their grandmother seem to be launching Ning sites lately. I've seen about a dozen of them pop up.

New software upgrade adds more social networking functions and a more Facebooky feeling to the site...just without all those Farmville updates. ;)

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everyone and their grandmother seem to be launching Ning sites lately. I've seen about a dozen of them pop up.

New software upgrade adds more social networking functions and a more Facebooky feeling to the site...just without all those Farmville updates. ;)

Hmm, interesting. OK, I just installed a 'social network' extention to WordPress. Not sure if it's worth anything, but look at this:

http://www.thewhitebelt.com/social

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cool. We already have blogs, photo galleries, and social groups here now.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm no social networker, I'm pretty anti-myspace, facebook, twitter, livejournal. It's all too naturalistic and voyeuristic. Forums are a different deal, more the exchange of ideas without the long personal monologues about feelings.

Xinglu

Black Belt
Reaction score
They exist, although I've never seen a general one. They seem to be pretty specific.

I've never really seen the point, though. I mean, why join jiujitsushare when I'm already on facebook and myspace...

Meh, I'm on FB, mostly to stay in contact with the people in my life outside of MA. I despise MS though and haven't logged into that account in over a year. If I could remember my logging info over there, I'd delete the whole thing.

I could see the jiujitsushare, if BJJ was all you were really interested in talking about.

dianhsuhe

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If I could remember my logging info over there, I'd delete the whole thing.

LOL. I only use MS for a couple of friends who refuse to try FB or OLD FASHIONED email or phone. :)

If it was not for them I would also delete it altogether.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I deleted the MT and KT MySpace pages, and am probably deleting mine soon. Hardly use it.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
is there anything like a myspace or facebook just for martial artist I have seen one Kyushospace are there others
There is one called Martialartsfriends that is set up like Myspace. If you want a Myspace type site, it is as good as any, but their forum is definitely less developed than ours.

Personally, I prefer MT, though I understand the appeal of the Myspace style sites.

Daniel

Latest Discussions