Martial Arts in Sci-Fi and Fantasy #5 - Centaurs

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My question is if they'd be able to reach it effectively. How well could they put stuff onto and take stuff off of the horse's back by themselves?

You're making up the creature.... so just put a flexy joint at the junction of the vertical and horizontal spines.

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You're making up the creature.... so just put a flexy joint at the junction of the vertical and horizontal spines.

I'm pretty sure Centaurs aren't my invention! If so, I have a bunch of people to sue.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't understand how that answers the question of whether or not they're flexible enough to reach their back.

You woul have it all just hanging off them so they could reach it.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't understand how that answers the question of whether or not they're flexible enough to reach their back.

I can get stuff out of panniers and a topbox on a motorbike without twisting much in the seat, so I don't see why they couldn't reach their back.

Spines do flex, it wouldn't be a solid connection.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can get stuff out of panniers and a topbox on a motorbike without twisting much in the seat, so I don't see why they couldn't reach their back.

Spines do flex, it wouldn't be a solid connection.

And I assume the horse spine would flex as well. So I crank one way while pushing my horsie bum the other. Closing the gap a bit.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

These movements were trained by knights fighting in battles, usually only stallions were used as warhorses because they were very aggressive anyway!