Martial arts goals for 2020 ???

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that's how it was at least and thankfully still is among the majority.

Unfortunately, it's becoming lost.

What with expressing disagreement during university debates being cause for ejection from the premises, and "loud, shocking and triggering" applause being outvoted by the Oxford student union to be replaced by jazz hands to reduce anxiety I'm really not entirely sure where the country is heading.

One can only hope we get back on track.

Ah well the uni thing will be so we don't scare the foreigners :cool: they rely on them to fund the universities now, but up here in Yorkshire you try stopping someone speaking their mind lol.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not down, just surprised and more than a little disappointed that someone who I had a decent level of respect for lowered themselves to that.

Sorry you’re disappointed. I’m giving him the same advice I gave myself not too long ago when I was being educated about the history of my country by you guys.

I even, rather politely, pointed out that different countries teach history in their schools from completely different viewpoints.

But it still went on. One of the administrators of this site found things inflammatory enough to delete some of the posts and issued on of those Attention All Users warning. Which was probably a good thing,

Then, shortly after my history lesson, you guys went into the improper English we use here in my country.

I was humorously reminding him not to let it get him down.

Sorry if you took offense. I’m also sorry because I’m just getting warmed up.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry you’re disappointed. I’m giving him the same advice I gave myself not too long ago when I was being educated about the history of my country by you guys.

I even, rather politely, pointed out that different countries teach history in their schools from completely different viewpoints.

But it still went on. One of the administrators of this site found things inflammatory enough to delete some of the posts and issued on of those Attention All Users warning. Which was probably a good thing,

Then, shortly after my history lesson, you guys went into the improper English we use here in my country.

I was humorously reminding him not to let it get him down.

Sorry if you took offense. I’m also sorry because I’m just getting warmed up.

Apart from the fact you weren't being educated on the history of your country. You incorrectly read something, misunderstood what was written and went off on one. You assumed that because I said I was taught something at school that I meant it wasn't taught in the US, I would have thought by now that if that was what I meant I would have said that. As you went off on one what you got the mick taken out of you as always happens when we want to NOT argue but want to make a point.
As it seem you are holding a grudge I will refrain from further discourse with you because it seems it will come up every time, in every thread from now until kingdom come.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
@Buka I think this is the first time I've seen someone get upset at you before!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@Buka I think this is the first time I've seen someone get upset at you before!

Nah, it happens. Tez just likes to argue, has always been anti American and can sure dish it out. She just can’t take it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, it happens. Tez just likes to argue, has always been anti American and can sure dish it out. She just can’t take it.

Dear me, you are bitter. No I'm not in the least anti American, ( wouldn't be here if I were would I) and as for not taking it, you certainly haven't even tried to 'dish it out' so that's an incorrect statement. I wasn't getting hysterical lol or even upset. I didn't start the debacle, if you view life through such a defensive and almost xenophobic lens you are always going to be upset, perhaps you should stop seeing insults where none are offered.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dear me, you are bitter. No I'm not in the least anti American, ( wouldn't be here if I were would I) and as for not taking it, you certainly haven't even tried to 'dish it out' so that's an incorrect statement. I wasn't getting hysterical lol or even upset. I didn't start the debacle, if you view life through such a defensive and almost xenophobic lens you are always going to be upset, perhaps you should stop seeing insults where none are offered.

This is what you do. After you get into an argument with someone, and they call you out on it, you go "I wasn't even fighting lol grow up" (paraphrased).

It's kind of like when a kid is getting bullied, and when he goes to the teacher or principle to complain, the kids who were bullying him say "we were just joking, we didn't mean it." (In case you didn't catch the point I was trying to make, you're the bully in this example).

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what you do. After you get into an argument with someone, and they call you out on it, you go "I wasn't even fighting lol grow up" (paraphrased).

It's kind of like when a kid is getting bullied, and when he goes to the teacher or principle to complain, the kids who were bullying him say "we were just joking, we didn't mean it." (In case you didn't catch the point I was trying to make, you're the bully in this example).

Aw diddums, get over it. I'm not the one, you notice who keeps bringing up whatever.

so I'm the bully? how pleasant, name calling now just because you misunderstood, perhaps on purpose, something that was said. And yet you aren't having a go at any other Brits on here who joined in that conversation, how strange.

Remember this, I'm only responsible for what I write, I am not responsible for how you understand it, that's down to your reading comprehension skills.................... or lack of.

I offered no insult, you took it as such anyway, down to you not me.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Aw diddums, get over it. I'm not the one, you notice who keeps bringing up whatever.

so I'm the bully? how pleasant, name calling now just because you misunderstood, perhaps on purpose, something that was said. And yet you aren't having a go at any other Brits on here who joined in that conversation, how strange.

Remember this, I'm only responsible for what I write, I am not responsible for how you understand it, that's down to your reading comprehension skills.................... or lack of.

I offered no insult, you took it as such anyway, down to you not me.

You are just proving my point. You are literally doing what I said the bully in the story does. I rest my case.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are just proving my point. You are literally doing what I said the bully in the story does. I rest my case.

Sigh, you aren't getting this are you, I have never insulted you, abused you, called you names, demeaned or even actually cared about you. I haven't called you out, I'm not anti American or even anti you yet you insist on trying to provoke an argument. You seem intent on needling me to the point where I really do have a go at you, well, I'm not. I'm not interested in your provocation, and your slagging me off. Now run along. I'm not interested.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sigh, you aren't getting this are you, I have never insulted you, abused you, called you names, demeaned or even actually cared about you. I haven't called you out, I'm not anti American or even anti you yet you insist on trying to provoke an argument. You seem intent on needling me to the point where I really do have a go at you, well, I'm not. I'm not interested in your provocation, and your slagging me off. Now run along. I'm not interested.

Well, that's how you come across, to a lot more people than just me. And every time you get called out for instigating it, you play innocent and blame it on us.

And you're either clueless about how you come across, or you're flat-out lying. Because you have been demeaning, you literally called me names a couple of posts up, and your behavior is very emotionally abusive. (I know, I majored in psychology and took classes that specifically look at abuse).

The one thing I do believe out of all that you said is that you don't actually care about me.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you literally called me names a couple of posts up,

I haven't called you names, what on earth are you talking about? Really this is just ridiculous. On post 107 you jumped on me, trying to provoke me because of something I said to another poster. YOU attacked me remember, you made something said to someone else personal to you, you aren't being abused in the least. Stop showboating and playing the victim. Just stop, you are embarrassing yourself.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I haven't called you names, what on earth are you talking about? Really this is just ridiculous. On post 107 you jumped on me, trying to provoke me because of something I said to another poster. YOU attacked me remember, you made something said to someone else personal to you, you aren't being abused in the least. Stop showboating and playing the victim. Just stop, you are embarrassing yourself.

I consider @Buka a friend. You attack him, you attack me.

You called me "diddums", which even if it isn't a name in itself, the tone in which it was said was clearly mocking me. It sounded like a term of endearment used to veil an insult. As much as you want to blame me on my reading comprehension, I'm not an idiot, I can see right through what you're trying to do. You're deflecting this all on everyone else and refusing to take responsibility for what you say. It's all their fault for misinterpreting you.

This is the kind of behavior I expect out of a teenager, not a mature martial artist.

Edit to add: and marking serious posts you disagree with as "funny" is a very passive-aggressive move to make.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I consider @Buka a friend. You attack him, you attack me.

You called me "diddums", which even if it isn't a name in itself, the tone in which it was said was clearly mocking me. It sounded like a term of endearment used to veil an insult. As much as you want to blame me on my reading comprehension, I'm not an idiot, I can see right through what you're trying to do. You're deflecting this all on everyone else and refusing to take responsibility for what you say. It's all their fault for misinterpreting you.

This is the kind of behavior I expect out of a teenager, not a mature martial artist.

Edit to add: and marking serious posts you disagree with as "funny" is a very passive-aggressive move to make.

LOL, I didn't call you diddums. It's not a term of endearment or an insult. DIDDUMS! | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Jeez, bit lively on here this evening

A regular Frankie Boyle rant going on, still if it makes him feel better, let him crack on I say. :D

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with buka, histories are written from different prospectives, but, the British have had more practice, although US history does start back in 1492, its not until the mid 18th century it started to be recorded, the British history is recorded as early as the 4th century, so we are better at it.
Now I choose my words carefully, I dont want any of that Nora Batty ecky thump stuff, here in the UK, it has long been known, that folk from Yorkshire, say what they bloody like, and like what they bloody say, its how they are, and no matter who you are, the queen, the president, they put on no heirs and graces for any folk, they dont mean any harm, its just the way it is.
And finally, diddums stop being a snowflake.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with buka, histories are written from different prospectives, but, the British have had more practice, although US history does start back in 1492, its not until the mid 18th century it started to be recorded, the British history is recorded as early as the 4th century, so we are better at it.
Now I choose my words carefully, I dont want any of that Nora Batty ecky thump stuff, here in the UK, it has long been known, that folk from Yorkshire, say what they bloody like, and like what they bloody say, its how they are, and no matter who you are, the queen, the president, they put on no heirs and graces for any folk, they dont mean any harm, its just the way it is.
And finally, diddums stop being a snowflake.

The problem however started when I said I'd learnt something in school and it was taken as an insult to American schooling, which is truly odd. I did learn it at school which admittedly was a private rather elite one in Scotland where English history was rarely taught, the focus always being on Scotland. From there it all went pear shaped rather sadly with perceived insults being thrown around ( not by me, I stick to being patronising and sarcastic, I'm more Ben Elton but then we have a lot in common, he's a nice guy though) and accusations of the UK holding the Channel Islands as slaves. Odder and odder. Even odder is that it's all come up again on this thread, huge apologies to the poor OP who must think we are doolally.

The laugh of it is, thinking I'd use 'diddums' as an insult when I have an enormous vocabulary of military insults which means I can use invective for at least ten minutes without repeating myself. It's quite frustrating really.
Anyway the Red Arrows on tour in America is on television tonight, everyone watch on what ever medium they can, it's fantastic. I have American friends here in the UK ( who'd have thunk it eh?) who are USAF, one of them flew over our house very low in his Osprey,( dear me now that shook the neighbours up) and we all get on very well as I have always done with adults, we don't argue about anything we even support their ice hockey team.
388415_221252834615433_126894987384552_504478_1522930249_n.jpg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Uh oh, I think I've got the mick taken out of me.

Tragic!

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, I didn't call you diddums. It's not a term of endearment or an insult. DIDDUMS! | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Ok, by that definition it's an insult. It's how you talk to someone when you think they're acting like a child. If you can honestly claim it's not an insult, then you're just an idiot. And yes, that was an insult. I'll stand by it, instead of pretending I'm just being nice. I'll flat out say it. If you think you're being nice or neutral, you're completely out of touch with reality.

You constantly belittle people. It seems every post you're talking down to someone for some reason or another. Either you're belittling them and calling them children or insulting their intelligence, or you try and take the high road and say you never say anything mean and act like you're a perfect little angel.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh oh, I think I've got the mick taken out of me.

Tragic!

Take it as a compliment, us Brits do it to each other all the time and we only do it to people we like. :)