Martial Arts Games

nianzb

White Belt
Reaction score
Anyone has any martial arts game to recommend? :):):)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One game is called, The Touch Game, or, Magic Touch Game, where you have two people spar, and any weapon that they touch dies; so if they touch or smack, your lead hand it is out of the game, they touch or smack the face, you are blind, now, close your eyes, and if the touch your leg, you have to hop, or get down on the ground. Et Cetera. Wait, and a heart touch means death; so, the game goes quickly. :)

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
We used to play a game whenever we got together for a weekend retreat that we called Night Game.
Everyone would dress in dark clothes and we would split up into 2 teams. One team would wear a headband for easy ID in the dark.
Each team had a stationary flag at their camp and the goal was to capture the opponent's flag and get it back to your camp. Some stayed behind to guard the camp while others went out on search and destroy type missions to find the opponents, while others went for the flag.
When you encountered someone from the other team you would have to spar them. Winner was the first to score 3 hits. This of course could be one on one or one vs. multiple opponents or one group sparring another group in a big melee.
If you lost you had to go to the penalty area for a determined amount of time and wait to re-enter the game.
Surprisingly, no one ever got hurt....unless you count my broken foot that one time.
But that wasn't from sparring, that was from running through the woods chasing after someone and stepping on a small stump and breaking my 5th metatarsal.

Good times.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is another game where you put a ribbon in the back of your belt, and defend that ribbon with your life. Also, a good time. :)

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
- Both persons have right leg forward.
- Both persons have hands drop next to their legs.
- A tries to use leading right palm to hit on B's back left shoulder.
- B tries to use leading right arm to block it.
- If A's right hand can hit on B's left shoulder, A wins that round.
- Test this for 10 rounds and record the final result.

OP
nianzb

nianzb

White Belt
Reaction score
- Both persons have right leg forward.
- Both persons have hands drop next to their legs.
- A tries to use leading right palm to hit on B's back left shoulder.
- B tries to use leading right arm to block it.
- If A's right hand can hit on B's left shoulder, A wins that round.
- Test this for 10 rounds and record the final result.

Love this one! I will try something else. So basically, just need those ideas for a party to introduce martial arts to friends. :)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I remember this one game, everyone stands in a circle and the instructor would point at one of the students and shout a command in japanese (ex. Yoko geri -- side kick, Uraken-uchi -- backfist ...ect.) then throw a ball at the student. Then they throw the ball and perform technique and pick up the ball(it has to be a good technique; not sloppy) and throw back. (I cant remimber the time limit (I think it was 10 seconds)

Its not a game but personally id rather get a partner and practice kotekitai (arm and leg conditioning). Thats my idea of fun atleast :D

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Love this one! I will try something else. So basically, just need those ideas for a party to introduce martial arts to friends. :)

Introduce friends to martial arts by having them come join a class with you (presuming you're actively studying, of course).

Latest Discussions