Martial arts couple

Discussion in 'Women of the Martial Arts (Women Martial Artists)' started by Eric Damon Rapier, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Eric Damon Rapier

Eric Damon Rapier Orange Belt

Yes....I think there definitely has to be a genuine individual passion for MA. And it's great to hear another experience of couples existing with one person into MA and the other not so much. But I definitely hope that I am fortunate enough to meet someone with MA passion.

2. JR 137

JR 137 Senior Master

My wife doesn’t train MA. Never has, and pretty sure she never will. She just doesn’t get it.

I don’t do yoga. Tried it a very little bit a few times. I probably never will again. I just don’t get it.

She doesn’t have to understand why I enjoy being punched and kicked so much. I don’t have to understand why she enjoys wrapping herself up like a pretzel so much.

All we really need to understand is that we enjoy doing our respective activity.

Truth be told, I don’t think I’d enjoy training as much if she was there too. It’s my place I go to that the outside world ceases to exist for an hour and a half. Maybe I would enjoy as much or more. But it wouldn’t be the same. She’s asked me to go to yoga with her a few times, but I declined every time. Truth be told I might ruin her thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1