Martial Arts Business Associations: Comparison

Discussion in 'Submit Articles Here' started by hydrocyano7, Oct 7, 2015.

1. hydrocyano7

hydrocyano7 White Belt

Hello everyone,
    After reading many articles including debates over NAPMA, MAIA, MATA, etc., I decided to make a comparison list of the major Martial Arts Business Associations out there (mostly located in US)

1.) Martial Arts Teachers Association (MATA): "Martial Arts Marketing to Enroll More Students and Keep Them Longer." MATA was recognized as one of the first ONLINE professional ma associations with many members in many continents. MATA has a large resource area for members.

MATA Publications: MAT magazine (MAT=Martial Arts Teachers)

Main Membership fee(s): 'MATA Pro' is a $1.00-3-day trial, then $37 a month. see more info here: martialartsteachers. com/membership/ (sorry for space in between link)- there is also an annual and lifetime membership of Mata Pro.
    MATA, in my opinion, is the most comfortable to navigate online, out of the other MA assoc. below.
    Web site: martialartsteachers. com (get rid of space)

2.) Martial Arts Industry Association (MAIA): "Martial Arts Business Resource for Martial Art Instructors and School Owners." MAIA, i believe, is owned by Century Incorporated (which bankrupted NAPMA back in early 2000s) and is one of the leading associations for MA marketing. From my experience, the Web site has not been updated in a long long time, which makes it feel outdated and low-value. MAIA has a large resource library.

MAIA Publications: MA Success magazine

Main Membership fee(s): 'Success Kit' is a $99.99/month membership for a physical package. There is also an 'E-Kit' starting at $79.99 a month.
    Web site: masuccess. com (get rid of space)

3.) National Association of Professional Martial Artists (NAPMA): "Martial Arts Business Support for Martial Arts School Owners." Back in the day, NAPMA, under John Graden's command (now owner of MATA), was renowned the 'glory days' of martial arts business. The industry was booming. While Graden was in charge, membership was at the time, $99 a month. NAPMA is (or was) best known for their Little Ninjas program and other advertising/marketing solutions for school owners.

NAPMA was bankrupted by Century, then sold by Century to Stephen Oliver (best known for Mile High Karate) and is the current CEO.

NAPMA Publications: Martial Arts Professional magazine

Main Membership fee(s): 'Maximum Impact' is a $399.00/month membership for a physical package. 'Sub-Maximum Impact Upgrade' is $299.00. Quite pricey indeed; yet depending on the value, of course.
    Web site: napma.com (get rid of space)
    -----
    That is my comparison/brief description on the major Martial Arts Business Associations. Hope you found it assistive!
    HYDRO

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  2. Tony Dismukes

Tony Dismukes MT Moderator Staff Member

What exactly is the value that you are getting for your money when paying dues to any of these organizations?

3. hydrocyano7

hydrocyano7 White Belt

Once a member, you gain access to a massive resource library full of professional marketing materials for martial arts school owners. MATA and MAIA are mostly online-access. NAPMA is a physical package you receive every month (from my knowledge).123