martial artist on youtube

pinklady6000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You know. When I watch martial artists on youtube. The thing that irratates me the most when some instructor is demostating some technique: IS when they throw a punch for example, they explete out loud the word: "BOOM!"
As if this makes some difference, I switch it off and move on to the next vid.:penguin:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know. When I watch martial artists on youtube. The thing that irratates me the most when some instructor is demostating some technique: IS when they throw a punch for example, they explete out loud the word: "BOOM!"
As if this makes some difference, I switch it off and move on to the next vid.:penguin:
Action words are cool with me. It is what they do with their bodies, that makes the show. o_O

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It's there Yell or (Kihap in Taekwondo) lol. Just kidding idk but I don't mind it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never heard anyone shout out 'boom' when doing martial arts, I have heard karateka use a kiai and TKDists as FlamingJulian says using kihaps as they should. Perhaps you watch things that aren't really martial arts perhaps it's more film stuff?

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You seem to like to criticise a lot don't you. Like has been said before it's a bit hard to take you serious with that profile picture and someone who claims to be an expert in shin kicking. Maybe try a more positive post instead of saying about rumours of people hating each other or moaning to the admins because you don't like the forum or now moaning because a guy on a video makes a noise to demonstrate.

OP
pinklady6000

pinklady6000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey, what are you doing right now!
Are you a boom boom, guy?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've never heard anyone shout out 'boom' when doing martial arts, I have heard karateka use a kiai and TKDists as FlamingJulian says using kihaps as they should. Perhaps you watch things that aren't really martial arts perhaps it's more film stuff?
When explaining a technique sequence, we like to say, "Bam!" when explaining the third move. It helps the student see that you aren't just waving your arms around. There is a point to it all, and stuff. :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

There is one guy who yells out foom for every chain punch he does in his we demo. I will see if I can hunt it down.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, I would do some of those moves, but I hate this. There is no penetration. It is clear, his bodies can take a hit; so, this is just exactly how they would do it, and it is terrible. :(

I would just park my car in a different spot.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Ah, self-generated sound effects. Here's one of my favorites ...in a good way:

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is this what you are referring to?
upload_2016-8-25_22-40-52.png