Mark Miller from the UK!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I love this man's outlook!

Here, he says, "Don't grab, strike" (which I agree with):

Here, he addresses the "haters":

Finally, watch out how down to earth this break is!

I wonder if he can interpret the true meanings of the hyung?

Last edited by a moderator:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yea I have seen some of his video's the one about the roundhouse or turning kick is nice.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
This mirrors what I've said before (although I don't have the rep to be taken seriously :)

3 Reasons I don't want to go to the ground:
Terrain
Friends
Weapons

3 reasons to train ground fighting
1. How to avoid it
2. How to survive it
3. How to get back up

(Note that #2 is just a transition from a failure to accomplish #1 to the accomplishment of #3)

OP
newGuy12

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
FearlessFreep, I agree totally. I do not know any BJJ, but perhaps in the future I can learn some. (The schools in my city have contracts for 6 months or 1 year, so I would only join those schools if I had the tuition saved up for the whole contract period BEFORE I joined).

But, I would only wish to be able to SURVIVE going to the ground, and hopefully transition back to standing!!!

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
FearlessFreep, I agree totally. I do not know any BJJ, but perhaps in the future I can learn some. (The schools in my city have contracts for 6 months or 1 year, so I would only join those schools if I had the tuition saved up for the whole contract period BEFORE I joined).

But, I would only wish to be able to SURVIVE going to the ground, and hopefully transition back to standing!!!

I've taken BJJ but my frustration with it is that the place(s) I was taking it focused the tactics and strategies on mat/sport situations rather than survival situations. Sport BJJ is of no interest to me :). I'm not expert by any means but I would recommend taking it for a bit to get used to being that close to someone and get a feel for someone being on top of you and where there limbs are and body positions and such. to me, getting used to being down (and under) is probably a good survival skill, even if you have no interest in fighting there.

Also good if you want to stay up... and someone wants to get you down... how are they going to do it? Takedown Defense is a really good skill to have if your fight training is focused on standup

Bret Hinds

Green Belt
Reaction score
From the moive, Butch Casssidy and the Sundance Kid (Who are those guys) great video!!!! I liked the no warm up idea. all the best in the arts