Marc mc youngs "martial mechanics" seminar.. Experiences?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old Albert wasn't that smart anyway..he got the "I" before "E" rule wrong twice in his name.

I know, right? I mean, it's the most heinously weird thing I've ever seen! Every time I read his name I'm seized with seizures! It's as though a flood of emotions is released by a weir! I just shriek!

It's almost as though I'm under seige......:rolleyes:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know, right? I mean, it's the most heinously weird thing I've ever seen! Every time I read his name I'm seized with seizures! It's as though a flood of emotions is released by a weir! I just shriek!
]

A 'weir' rabbit perhaps?

OP
nicerdicer

nicerdicer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yes well, as old Benjamin Franklin used to say (Ben Franklin, the man, not the paint manufacturer. Sheesh!!). As I said, as old Benjamin Franklin used to say, "a penny saved is a penny earned." I'm sure there is a nugget of worldly truth in there for you. And "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." But I don't think that was old Ben Franklin. I think it was Mitch, the janitor in my old high school. But either way, they are words that I live by, AND YOU SHOULD TOO, SIR! and by "sir" I really mean "fella," just so ya know. There was something about early to bed and early to rise and somehow getting wealthy over it, but the details escape me at the moment...ill get back to you on that one...but either way I'm not sure how it meshes with Einstein...

Here I go out of my way to give you good advice, no gratitude. That's the problem with today's youth.

thats why old people shouldnt use computers :/

OP
nicerdicer

nicerdicer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm not a Samaritan, I'm the Jewish mother. Son, if I was going to giving you a life lesson it would be that you can catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar.

congratz

OP
nicerdicer

nicerdicer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
the way ignorant people think: I could contribute to this forum positively and actually help others become better martial artists...oh wait I could just say random nonsense and help nobody! lets do that instead!

oh yeah and todays youth oh my god, everyone in my generation is a huge success and everyone in the following generations is a fool!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the way ignorant people think: I could contribute to this forum positively and actually help others become better martial artists...oh wait I could just say random nonsense and help nobody! lets do that instead!

oh yeah and todays youth oh my god, everyone in my generation is a huge success and everyone in the following generations is a fool!

Ok, lets be blunt then. You started a thread asking about Marc McYoung's seminars fine, but you phrased it in such as way that it was very impolite and somewhat arrogant. So you got the mickey taken out of you, tough. If you think you can contribute positively start with a positive post not one that talks to people as though they are beneath you.. If you think you can actually help people be better martial artists then again post positively instead of getting radged at experienced martial artists just because they made light of your imperious manner.

As for the next paragraph it's a rant about something that has obviously upset you somewhere, probably best not to bring your anger here and take it out on people, you will only get the mickey taken even more.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Hint: here's your chance to let it go and laugh a bit...

OP
nicerdicer

nicerdicer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ok, lets be blunt then. You started a thread asking about Marc McYoung's seminars fine, but you phrased it in such as way that it was very impolite and somewhat arrogant. So you got the mickey taken out of you, tough. If you think you can contribute positively start with a positive post not one that talks to people as though they are beneath you.. If you think you can actually help people be better martial artists then again post positively instead of getting radged at experienced martial artists just because they made light of your imperious manner.

As for the next paragraph it's a rant about something that has obviously upset you somewhere, probably best not to bring your anger here and take it out on people, you will only get the mickey taken even more.

So I'm the one who's upset? Sure? Because I dont get upset by the way someone asks a question I mean how sensitive can you be? I thought people in your generation are tough? I didn't even swear... Noob

Yeah you old people started the whole youth thing

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Enjoy reading Marc's work and years ago went to a couple of seminars. Good guy. His physical work was ok and it was a good crowd in attendance at the seminars. Not everyone likes his approach and I encourage you to make up your own mind. If you like reading his material (and there is tons of free material out there) go to the seminar, go with an open mind and be willing to meet and work with people from various martial arts and cultures. If you go , let us know how you liked it.

Regards
Brian King

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm the one who's upset? Sure? Because I dont get upset by the way someone asks a question I mean how sensitive can you be? I thought people in your generation are tough? I didn't even swear... Noob

Yeah you old people started the whole youth thing

Dear me, you are a sensitive little thing aren't you. If I cared about your opinion I might even be insulted by your attacks which by the way aren't allowed on here. No personal attacks remember?
None of us are upset, we think you are funny and rude and very above yourself. Age has nothing to do with it.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Take the same set of manners to the seminar. Teachers love that.

Latest Discussions