Man tried to hire prostitute for his son, 14

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
LONDON (Reuters) - A man who tried to hire a prostitute to take his 14-year-old son's virginity as a present was spared jail by a court on Friday. The Polish national took the boy out in his car and allowed him to pick out the prostitute, who was standing at the side of the road in the red-light district of Nottingham. But the 42-year-old father was arrested because the teenager had chosen an undercover police officer, Nottingham Crown Court heard.

Rest of the article:
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idINTRE54E4CT20090515

It seemed odd that a parent would consider the "taking virginity" from their own child as a gift by using a prostitute.

Your thoughts?

- Ceicei

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Saw an episode of Cathouse on HBO where mamma took her son to the Bunny Ranch to lose his virginity. I think he was 21 though.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
It wasn't always that unusual. Of course, it was usually the father rather than the mother. But consider, not that long ago most men's first sexual experience was with prostitutes. And by some measures there were more paid sex acts than marital ones at least in the US and the UK.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice thought. I can see the good intention and all, but seriously, prostitutes are typically really bad experiences period.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Your thoughts?

- Ceicei

My thoughts?

1) The father should have his face beaten until it resembles jelly.

2) You will undoubtedly get several responses from posters making light of the situation, especially tying things to the recent spate of child rape by female teachers in the States.

3) People will confuse being "enlightened" or "not hung up about" sex with a rather low view of the human person. As Lewis once said:

"When I was a youngster, all the progressive people were saying, 'Why all this prudery? Let us treat sex just as we treat all our other impulses.' I was simple minded enough to believe they meant what they said. I have since discovered that they meant exactly the opposite. They meant that sex was to be treated as no other impulse in our nature has ever been treated by civilized people. All the others, we admit, have to be bridled ... But every unkindness and breach of faith seems to be condoned provided that the object aimed at is 'four bare legs in a bed.'"

Pax,

Chris

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thoughts?

1) The father should have his face beaten until it resembles jelly.

2) You will undoubtedly get several responses from posters making light of the situation, especially tying things to the recent spate of child rape by female teachers in the States.

3) People will confuse being "enlightened" or "not hung up about" sex with a rather low view of the human person. As Lewis once said:

"When I was a youngster, all the progressive people were saying, 'Why all this prudery? Let us treat sex just as we treat all our other impulses.' I was simple minded enough to believe they meant what they said. I have since discovered that they meant exactly the opposite. They meant that sex was to be treated as no other impulse in our nature has ever been treated by civilized people. All the others, we admit, have to be bridled ... But every unkindness and breach of faith seems to be condoned provided that the object aimed at is 'four bare legs in a bed.'"

Pax,

Chris

You don't think much of the rest of us do you?

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
You don't think much of the rest of us do you?

I reserve judgment about people until I know them. I don't know you at all, other than what you've posted here. Judgments on positions, however, are another matter.

Are you going to hire a prostitute for your son? Are you going to make light of what amounts to child rape where the parent is complicet like in theposted news story or where it's perpetrated by a teacher? Are you going to offer a rather tired defense of so-called sexual progressivism?

If you are going to do any or all of those things then I'm certainly not going to have any respect for your positions.

I will point out, however, that your own response to my post is rather a jump in logic and completely baseless.

Pax,

Chris

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I reserve judgment about people until I know them. I don't know you at all, other than what you've posted here. Judgments on positions, however, are another matter.

Are you going to hire a prostitute for your son? Are you going to make light of what amounts to child rape where the parent is complicet like in theposted news story or where it's perpetrated by a teacher? Are you going to offer a rather tired defense of so-called sexual progressivism?

If you are going to do any or all of those things then I'm certainly not going to have any respect for your positions.

I will point out, however, that your own response to my post is rather a jump in logic and completely baseless.

Pax,

Chris

No you stated as a fact that people would come on here making light of the subject so no leap there.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No need to get all emotional. We don't know all the specs to this story and are all probably imagining it in our own kind of way.
I'd would definately hope that a child is never abused, be it directly or indirectly through pressure or what not.

Realistically speaking, my greatest concern in such matters would be what was already mentioned by Ceicei, that, in a modern and liberal world, a child that could probably have a wonderful experience with someone he actually likes, is coerced into geting it on with a prostitute that most likely is only out for easy cash and could care less of providing the customer with a good experience, much less something 'authentic', at least from the emotional aspect.
That Would be robbing the youngster of his own right to experience sexuality on his more or less on his own or at least without the need of prostitutes.

j

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
No you stated as a fact that people would come on here making light of the subject so no leap there.

Considering someone has already said a mother that got a prostitute for her 21 year old son is the best mom ever I'm not sure I won't be vindicated at some point. Maybe not now that I pointed it out, but the day is young.

And extrapolating my saying that some people ("several posters") would do so into me not thinking much of "the rest of us" is rather a leap. A huge overreaction, in fact.

Hey, I HOPE I'm wrong about that! But I've seen more idiotic things on the old intraweb, that's for sure.

Pax,

Chris

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I look at it this way:
Most places want you to have some training before they give you a gun permit, or a drivers license. Guess if the ability to take lives requires some training, getting some expert hands on in a matter that could create life is just as smart.

I don't see a problem with prostitution.
I don't see a problem with a parent, taking their child to one, IF! said child is actually interested, IF! said child is mature enough to understand things.
It is a more controlled environment than 2 kids fumbling around in a parked car in a secluded area.
For 1, the prostitute will most likely insist on safe sex. A condom will be used. Same is not usually the case when it's left to random chance.

Now, that said, the parent could face charges of child endangerment, contributing to the corruption of a minor, assisted sexual assault, intent, etc. A real prostitute could be charges with child rape, etc. Because that's how the law sees it, and I don't disagree.

So, I don't disagree with the parent, and I also don't disagree with the law here.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Considering someone has already said a mother that got a prostitute for her 21 year old son is the best mom ever I'm not sure I won't be vindicated at some point. Maybe not now that I pointed it out, but the day is young.

And extrapolating my saying that some people ("several posters") would do so into me not thinking much of "the rest of us" is rather a leap. A huge overreaction, in fact.

Hey, I HOPE I'm wrong about that! But I've seen more idiotic things on the old intraweb, that's for sure.

Pax,

Chris
Just for the record, he might have been in his 30's.......I don't recall, I dumped HBO 2 years ago.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
It seemed odd that a parent would consider the "taking virginity" from their own child as a gift by using a prostitute.

Your thoughts?

- Ceicei

Not so odd. In some African cultures, daughters were (are?) traditionally "deflowered" by their fathers. Others cultures had customs where, at one time, daughters ritually lost their virginity to chiefs, priests or, sometimes, complete strangers. In India and South America, brides at one time were mechanically deflowered by their mothers-this "prenuptial penetration" was to prepare the daughter for intercourse, and make it more pleasant by getting blood out of the way. One good example of daughters being ritually deflowered by chiefs is in Hawaian and other Polynesian cultures, where daughters were taken to the chief for 'Na ke ali'i e moe mua' literally, "For the chief to sleep with her for the first time." Those all seem pretty "odd" to me, and probably to most of you, but they were normal for those cultures-and, one has to remember, there are "cutlures within cultures." One shouldn't discount the possibility that this father was repeating for his son what his own father had done for him...

Morality aside, the chief impediment here, other than the stigma of "purchasing sex," is, of course, that the prostitution was illegal-as someone said, they should have gone to Amsterdam.Some may be shocked by the youth of the kid involved, but there are quite a few of us here in the U.S. who managed to shed our own "bothersome" virginity by that age. Culturally, again, I've known more than one Italian or Greek man in the U.S. who admitted to losing his virginity in much the same fashion as was intended in the article, and I wouldn't be surprised to find that other Italian and Greek American men lost their virginity in just such a fashion: their dad's provided them with a willing, paid, partner-for their birthday, no doubt.....

On the other hand, in my family I started a little custom whereby I demonstrated condom use for my son (with a banana!!), made sure he had enough of them, taught him that "No' means "NO", and not only that, STOP! usually and, that if he did "STOP", the girl would probably try to make it pretty clear when it didn't mean that. Also told him that there was no rush, even though it probably felt like there was.......

And, along with the pretty comprehensive, voluntary sex-ed the school district offered, pretty much sent him on his way-while making it clear that if I heard about any abortions, or had to take him to a clinic, or had any grandchildren before I turned 50, he'd be out of the will. None of that happened-it was an idle but realistic threat, anyway-he managed a pretty good social life on his own. I couldn't say when he started having a "sex life," though I could probably hazard a guess-like most boys he probably thought he was "ready" to a bit before we had our little talk. This month he'll have been married for three years, is reasonably successful, happy and healthy, and I can't wait for grandkids-well, I can, but I should only have to wait one more year.......

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not so odd. In some African cultures, daughters were (are?) traditionally "deflowered" by their fathers. Others cultures had customs where, at one time, daughters ritually lost their virginity to chiefs, priests or, sometimes, complete strangers. In India and South America, brides at one time were mechanically deflowered by their mothers-this "prenuptial penetration" was to prepare the daughter for intercourse, and make it more pleasant by getting blood out of the way. One good example of daughters being ritually deflowered by chiefs is in Hawaian and other Polynesian cultures, where daughters were taken to the chief for 'Na ke ali'i e moe mua' literally, "For the chief to sleep with her for the first time." Those all seem pretty "odd" to me, and probably to most of you, but they were normal for those cultures-and, one has to remember, there are "cutlures within cultures." One shouldn't discount the possibility that this father was repeating for his son what his own father had done for him...

Morality aside, the chief impediment here, other than the stigma of "purchasing sex," is, of course, that the prostitution was illegal-as someone said, they should have gone to Amsterdam.Some may be shocked by the youth of the kid involved, but there are quite a few of us here in the U.S. who managed to shed our own "bothersome" virginity by that age. Culturally, again, I've known more than one Italian or Greek man in the U.S. who admitted to losing his virginity in much the same fashion as was intended in the article, and I wouldn't be surprised to find that other Italian and Greek American men lost their virginity in just such a fashion: their dad's provided them with a willing, paid, partner-for their birthday, no doubt.....

On the other hand, in my family I started a little custom whereby I demonstrated condom use for my son (with a banana!!), made sure he had enough of them, taught him that "No' means "NO", and not only that, STOP! usually and, that if he did "STOP", the girl would probably try to make it pretty clear when it didn't mean that. Also told him that there was no rush, even though it probably felt like there was.......

And, along with the pretty comprehensive, voluntary sex-ed the school district offered, pretty much sent him on his way-while making it clear that if I heard about any abortions, or had to take him to a clinic, or had any grandchildren before I turned 50, he'd be out of the will. None of that happened-it was an idle but realistic threat, anyway-he managed a pretty good social life on his own. I couldn't say when he started having a "sex life," though I could probably hazard a guess-like most boys he probably thought he was "ready" to a bit before we had our little talk. This month he'll have been married for three years, is reasonably successful, happy and healthy, and I can't wait for grandkids-well, I can, but I should only have to wait one more year.......[/quote]

Eminently sensible! this is how it shuld be done!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rest of the article:
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idINTRE54E4CT20090515

Your thoughts?

- Ceicei

As stated by some here, there will be different opinions.

I respect that people will have different point of views and also different aspects.

But, if as a culture we have to respect that someone wishes to raise their child with their family morals, which may include such acts or may include raising them in a religion or other conditionals applied.

If we accept that one side is valid cannot we not accept the other side is valid?

Many will say no just because it is different from what they believe is "Right".

Some will say yes, from mutual experience or from an opinion that if it was cultural where do they get off Judging someone else's culture.

My concern is the legality of the issue. If it is illegal, then it is illegal and the system should handle it. If the system decided to warn the people involved then the system decided to warn them. Change the system form within if the system is not what society desires.

Now my personal Thoughts? I would not do it. But many of the people I knew who were 14 and freshman in high school were having sex or had sex.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I really don't see a problem with it. But then I'm of the mindset that prostitution should be legal.

Taking the kid to a professional, I think that's pretty cool.

Latest Discussions