Man guilty of having 13 in Volvo

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Man guilty of having 13 in Volvo
BBCNews
Page last updated at 11:30 GMT, Tuesday, 24 June 2008 12:30 UK
Excerpt:

A teacher has been found guilty of dangerous driving after being stopped by police for having 13 people travelling in his Volvo car.
Abraham Gniwosch, from Tottenham, north London, pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving in Llandudno, Conwy, on 8 August last year.
He was given a 12 month driving ban and ordered to pay over £900 in a fine and costs by Llandudno magistrates.
Gniwosch, 31, was also ordered to take an extended driving test.
Magistrates heard how his Volvo S70 was meant to carry five passengers only and the prosecution asked for the car to be confiscated. However the magistrates decided against it.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He was just trying to save on Gasoline for his country and look what happens to him. Forget about car pooling.
icon14.gif

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Criminal overloading and driving dangerously slowly (that's as much an offence as speeding over here, tho' seldom prosecuted enough in my view).

I can't understand why this chap didn't get a suspension - maybe he's banned until he takes the test mentioned? I certainly hope so.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OMG. I thought only clowns did this.
You sayin' this guy isn't?

:lfao: Brilliant Andy!

13 in one average sized car that usually is designed to seat 5 ... yeah a bit much.
The fact that he had unrestrained children is very criminal! An adult HOLDING on to the child is NOT a child safety restraint!!!

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Absolutely idiotic—and this guy is a teacher??? How are you qualified to teach if you reason that since you are going slow, there's no chance that someone who isn't going slow will plough into you... into a car full of young children and other passengers, none of whom are wearing seatbelts (and how could they? Most seatbelts won't go around, or function properly around, a 'stack' of passengers in a single seat).

This guy doesn't just need another driving test, he needs a thinking test... and right now I don't think he could pass one...

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I got 8 guys and 2 kegs of Bud in my '68 Beetle back in the early 80's, but my memory of that weekend is a bit hazy ;) Probably because it was during a blizzard! :lol:

There are times I wonder at how lucky I am to have made it this far :D

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Buy Volvos. They&#8217;re boxy, but they&#8217;re good. We know they&#8217;re not sexy, especially when you pack 13 people into one. This is not a time to be sexy anyway with so many new diseases around. Be safe instead of sexy. Being safe also means limiting the maximum number of people in a Volvo to five.
Volvo: boxy but good.