Man defending himself against women

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is because of upbringing, boys are taught that it's 'wrong' to hit girls, men are told it's bad to hit women and girls are brought up that can't be violent...even when it would be a good idea to be. Sometimes it's hard to get women to spar and subsequently learn to defend themselves because of this stricture on girls not hitting.
Tez3 is right on this about the upbringing. And about getting women to spar. My school definitely has problems with that. We have have a 11 year old girl that has the had hitting power of a 16 year old girl since the age of 9. Now 2 years later we are noticing that she's becoming "more girly" she's now walks around the class as if she's fragile and helpless. She used to beat up my son in sparring, but now she's afraid of getting hit by my son. She takes ballet now so I'm sure some of the "girly stuff" is coming from there.

Some where down the line some women get into the mindset that fighting is a "brute thing" and not a self-defense thing, while other women embrace it. I blame society for that as well. Now I'm glad that there are T.V shows and Movies that are coming out showing women kicking butt.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
As I said, it's the way children are brought up that dictates how this 'not hitting a woman' thing is decided. I did say that women are also brought up this way also.
I have never trained to hurt people 'cruelly' only to be able to defend myself and others as well as control those who I needed to at the time. Cruelty shouldn't come into it at any point.
I also don't see why you are avoiding punching women to 'avoid certain body parts', if a chest is wearing a chest protector which I strongly suggest they do for a couple of reasons, then there should be no problem.
They (all 2 of them) don't have chest protectors and we have told them to get one so hopefully we'll start seeing the chest protectors in a few months.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They (all 2 of them) don't have chest protectors and we have told them to get one so hopefully we'll start seeing the chest protectors in a few months.

Now you may regret it lol because apart from protection if you grapple they make surprisingly good 'weapons'. that's why I said I strongly suggest having one. Hard plastic 'cups' put into a sports top are best, you can buy the sports tops with the pockets for the cups to be put in. The hard plastic gives you basically two more elbows! :D

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Now you may regret it lol because apart from protection if you grapple they make surprisingly good 'weapons'. that's why I said I strongly suggest having one. Hard plastic 'cups' put into a sports top are best, you can buy the sports tops with the pockets for the cups to be put in. The hard plastic gives you basically two more elbows! :D
just great... first little kids feet that seem to only target the groin and now I have this to look forward to lol

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just great... first little kids feet that seem to only target the groin and now I have this to look forward to lol

There are interesting things you can do to a groin guard when grappling! I was judging an MMA fight a few years back and one of the fighters, in top position grappling pushed his opponents groin guard away from him as far as the elastic would go, then let go................:D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She takes ballet now so I'm sure some of the "girly stuff" is coming from there.

It won't be the ballet, dancers are as tough as old boots! For such an artistic endeavour they are remarkably unfeminine, very, very fit and strong though.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Didn't watch it.
Well, the guy shows the world he knows what he is doing, the first time, but gets angry, and does the no control version, the second time. Meanwhile, neither officer on the scene looks like they have missed a meal, or is used to paying attention. ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the guy shows the world he knows what he is doing, the first time, but gets angry, and does the no control version, the second time. Meanwhile, neither officer on the scene looks like they have missed a meal, or is used to paying attention. ;)

and? To be honest I don't care :D There's plenty of stupid around and now I'm retired I don't have to arrest anyone, decide whether it's worth the paperwork or chase anyone, it's bliss. I also haven't seen a fight for two years, had anyone attack me or even swear me even better. so, no I'm not bothered about watching stupid.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
and? To be honest I don't care :D There's plenty of stupid around and now I'm retired I don't have to arrest anyone, decide whether it's worth the paperwork or chase anyone, it's bliss. I also haven't seen a fight for two years, had anyone attack me or even swear me even better. so, no I'm not bothered about watching stupid.
Hey, what in the world are you talking about? I call you TEZ3, all the time. :)

rheawaera

White Belt
Reaction score
His mistake is not catching her fall.
You see him trying to support her arm during the fall. He stay's very calm. This womens behavour is not normal. .. she needs to get to the hospitle but when she can get a ride in an ambulace she doesn't take it haha the guys could have helped in any way possible instead of filming. I would like to see an interview with the man defending himself. Very interesting this.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You see him trying to support her arm during the fall. He stay's very calm. This womens behavour is not normal. .. she needs to get to the hospitle but when she can get a ride in an ambulace she doesn't take it haha the guys could have helped in any way possible instead of filming. I would like to see an interview with the man defending himself. Very interesting this.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
Her behavior is very normal, for a bus station. What kind of mamby pamby places do you guys live? :)

The White Ghost

White Belt
Reaction score
Some of the most dangerous assassins I have ever tangled with were women, be careful.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Some of the most dangerous assassins I have ever tangled with were women, be careful.
Yeah. Evie Frye is very dangerous, but shao Jun was the most deadly female assassin I ever tangled with. By that, I mean played as in a video game.

The White Ghost

White Belt
Reaction score
Yeah. Evie Frye is very dangerous, but shao Jun was the most deadly female assassin I ever tangled with. By that, I mean played as in a video game.
I speak of real life. Life and death, hand to hand, blade to blade. One misstep on my part, and my blood would have been spilled onto the pavement. Until you've looked death in the eye, stick to your video games.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I speak of real life. Life and death, hand to hand, blade to blade. One misstep on my part, and my blood would have been spilled onto the pavement. Until you've looked death in the eye, stick to your video games.
Me too. I played those games in real life. Very intense. I turned the lights off and played spooky music in the background.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my blood would have been spilled onto the pavement. .

Don't you just hate it when that happens? It's such a bugger to clean up.

Now as for looking death in the eye, it's Remembrance Sunday today here in the UK, that's the day we remember everyone, man, woman and child who has died for our country and our freedom, it's the day we remember the people who really did look death in the eye and spit in it, so really your little posts of no import about your imaginary exploits are less interesting and relevant to real life as my cat pooing in the cat litter.

At the going down of the sun
We will remember then.

Tiger84

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Now this is always a controversial subject but I want to talk about what happens if a woman attacks a man. Luckily it's never happened to me so I haven't had to be in that situation but I've seen it before and the man defends himself against a woman throwing hard punches and he defended himself yet he got in trouble with the police.

Personally if a woman attacks me I'm going to defend myself. If you attack me you're starting it so I'm finishing it I don't care who you are or what gender. Women can do just as much damage as men can so that's my stand on it
I think I would use some " drunk uncle Charlie" moves on a woman until she has a weapon, then I'd let her have it. You almost have to have the "fear for your life" thing going on to get away with hitting women.