Man breaks attackers wooden bat with Kung Fu Kick.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm no real judge, but it has the look of a set-piece to me. You never know, I guess.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
It cannot be real since this would never work in the cage :arghh:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Definitely not an American baseball bat. Not sure why he just didn't pull the bat out of the guys hand. If I can lay hand on the weapon like he did then it's mine. It's difficult for me to tell if it's really mainly because of how I my staff. But anything is possible. There's no guarantee or rule that says all attackers will be smart or skilled. This could be the case where the guy with the stick was trying to be intimidating and trying to look tough when deep down he didn't have the ability to do so. Some people will play a tough guy act as a bluff and hope that the act is enough to prevent the physical fight.

MAfreak

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i agree with jowgawolf that the baseball bat guy didn't "use" it properly so disarming here would be relatively easy.
however i saw goju ryu shows were practitioners broke those wooden bats with their shin on the thin lower side.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know if it was real or staged (I'm leaning towards staged), but that was a lightweight stick of some sort, not a baseball bat.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm leaning toward staged as well and like Tony said that is a lightweight stick of some sort. Probably pine and definitely not a baseball bat.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
As a member of the Screen Actors Guild I'll say "Let's cut for lunch."

And to the guys on the bikes, don't quit your day job.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Who carries a baseball bat on their scooter?

MAfreak

Purple Belt
Reaction score
there are more staged kung fu "self defense" or "street fight" videos, like a girl suplexing a thug in an elevator or some students brawling in a schools canteen. maybe they want to make kung fu big again.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It could result in a tug o war.
Not with me. I would actually be counting on it, because if the person is more concern about not letting go of the bat then he's not thinking about attacking me. Unfortunately for him, I can do both, control the bat and attack.

If you can get a person to think about something else other than attacking you, then you'll have an advantage that you can exploit. When he pulls back on the bat then attack, when he's shocked by your attack then pull on the bat. Split his attention.

Latest Discussions