Making the Connection - Balintawak Influences on Modern Arnis

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
You should of seen the old mans Block n Lock he picked up from Maranga, it was design to wreek havoc witj Traditional Balintawak , and Remy was tje Master of it.....RockySorry about typos, I'm using my phone!

What's that? Like what "Serrada" style does?

Or like Remy Presas' stuff he does in the above video. stick trapping and stuff ?

Rocky

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What's that? Like what "Serrada" style does?

Or like Remy Presas' stuff he does in the above video. stick trapping and stuff ?

No Serrada's Lock N Block is more like Modern Arnis's Latigo de Baston (Largo & Corto ) Remy quit teaching it back in the late 80's because its speed complexity and footwork was tough to convey in seminars. Remys Block in lock is also very hard to teach in seminars its very aggressive and timing is a must it works or it doesn't its kind of like some of those old Japanese samurai moves, if it work you win if not you're F@^ked.

Rocky

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
No Serrada's Lock N Block is more like Modern Arnis's Latigo de Baston (Largo & Corto ) Remy quit teaching it back in the late 80's because its speed complexity and footwork was tough to convey in seminars. Remys Block in lock is also very hard to teach in seminars its very aggressive and timing is a must it works or it doesn't its kind of like some of those old Japanese samurai moves, if it work you win if not you're F@^ked.

Rocky

Any videos you know of, that show what you speak of?

Rocky

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sorry to take so long to get back, as far as videos go, yes I do have a bunch of stuff with Remy on Beta and vhs, I need to get it transferred one of these days....but right now I have nothing to upload.

Rocky

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry to take so long to get back, as far as videos go, yes I do have a bunch of stuff with Remy on Beta and vhs, I need to get it transferred one of these days....but right now I have nothing to upload.

Rocky

Yeah. Everyone who has old Eskrima videos, try not to procrastinate too much :) All it will take is a little freak flooding and priceless stuff could be gone forever.