Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i show you the MAKA fighting system by my sifu

For any info I'm here for you.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It looks like a hybrid system. What is it mixed with?

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
definitely wing Chun in there

Yep also more like a modern form of JKD as well.

I see this as common thing nowadays where most arts are reformed under new given names to market and attract new crowds.

Example.............. "Urban Fight Academy"................

I'm not saying its wrong just that with YouTube its used to show and sell your product so to speak marketing or posting tutorials of types and various forms and concepts etc

Whatever keeps Martial arts alive I support, I guess as long as it not fake teachers unfit, cant run up or down a hall way and stuck in the mud teaching but skilled people in martial arts in any style or form is great for us all.

Last edited:

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice choreography but it would be interesting to see how well those do in a full speed application with contact and full resistance.

How well does it work in live application.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep also more like a modern form of JKD as well.

I see this as common thing nowadays where most arts are reformed under new given names to market and attract new crowds.

Example.............. "Urban Fight Academy"................

I'm not saying its wrong just that with YouTube its used to show and sell your product so to speak marketing or posting tutorials of types and various forms and concepts etc

Whatever keeps Martial arts alive I support, I guess as long as it not fake teachers unfit, cant run up or down a hall way and stuck in the mud teaching but skilled people in martial arts in any style or form is great for us all.

this seems to be the new thing, as tma gets a bad rep from the bulshido boys constantly ripping it, just rename it some urban fighting name, get everyone to train in combat pants, then sell it as something new and modern

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
this seems to be the new thing, as tma gets a bad rep from the bulshido boys constantly ripping it, just rename it some urban fighting name, get everyone to train in combat pants, then sell it as something new and modern

Yeah because RSBD doesn't have a bad rep.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like a hybrid system. What is it mixed with?

According to his website, he started with Karate, then trained Wing Chun and TKD, then created his own system, so those are probably the main 3 ingredients. Overall it looks like his own personal approach to JKD.

have you any vids of full contact, for this,full contact,style?

I don't know how they do their regular training, but his YouTube channel is all demos with a compliant partner, tending towards the flashy side. Apparently he's also pursuing a career as a stunt actor, so the focus on flashy stuff may be marketing for that side of things.

What's the daily training like? When you say "full contact martial art", does that mean you do hard-contact sparring?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Here_we_go_again.jpg

OP
ice84

ice84

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
According to his website, he started with Karate, then trained Wing Chun and TKD, then created his own system, so those are probably the main 3 ingredients. Overall it looks like his own personal approach to JKD.

I don't know how they do their regular training, but his YouTube channel is all demos with a compliant partner, tending towards the flashy side. Apparently he's also pursuing a career as a stunt actor, so the focus on flashy stuff may be marketing for that side of things.

What's the daily training like? When you say "full contact martial art", does that mean you do hard-contact sparring?

Yes we usually have a hard contact sparring one day a week.

OP
ice84

ice84

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Do you actually produce fighters who compete in anything? Any video of this full contact style doing full contact?

Yes we have more fighters in Mma Muay thai
Giovanni Pellegrino won his first semi pro match in Muay that to sorrento "danger" after 12seconds with a rondhouse kick /giuliana.blasio/posts/1186425624804022
Riccio Christan fist match in mma (on YouTube the video) draw in his first match like a semi professional
Valerio Catone 12 years old won in Mma first fight after 1 minute. Even if these are sport and just some match of my classmates

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A man head kicking Roman Gladiators?

I leave you people unsupervised few months and this is what turn the SD forum into?

After school detention, the lot of you ;)

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score

Looks like it would translate well to the big screen.

As for it being a fighting system for..fighting..this video doesn't do it much justice I guess.

But the again I've never been attacked by Roman gladiators on the street. It could be that this is just the thing for that situation.

Latest Discussions