Mailing Lists

glad2bhere

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dear Folks:

Had an interesting experience and I wondered if anyone had comments on this.

Found a disk with a mailing list from a World Hapkido Federation event while cleaning out old stuff. When I fired it up there were about 40 names of folks who had attended the event. I started to call around to some of the numbers to see if people were still intersted in Hapkido and wanted to be on the list and didn't think too much of it.

A few days ago I got an e-mail from one of the folks who helped organize the original event, apparently irate, directing me not to contact "his" students. Its not like its a huge loss and its not like the person who contacted me is a member of the WHF, has authority over me or means much one way or the other. However, it DID leave me thinking about the issue at hand. So I am throwing out the question to the Net.

When folks organize an event who gets custody of the mailing list? How is this managed? Do folks split that names up among the organizers? Does everyone get a copy of the original? Thoughts?

Best Wishes,

Bruce

F

fringe_dweller

From being on the receiving end I generally find that the person I least want to hear from gets the list ;)

Grant

Latest Discussions