Machida admits to "banned substance" and is removed from UFC card

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've just had a trawl through Google looking for American news sites and the story of Machida, every one I read said he'd admitted taking a banned substance and was banned though the penalty was actually to be decided. Every article just said 'banned substance' none of them were equating supplements with steroids.. This is an example http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...ubstance-dan-henderson-fight-cancelled-041316
This one states what he took , how it's classified and Machida's explanation he took it in a supplement. They are giving his excuse not saying anything about supplements. Lyoto Machida apologizes for UFC removal, says he was unaware substance banned

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Kimbo Slice, what do people expect, not really an MMA fighter more a brawler who is cashing in on his size etc.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yes, but he fights in MMA, gets paid for it, too. A professional MMA fighter. :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but he fights in MMA, gets paid for it, too. A professional MMA fighter. :)

Nah, he get paid to brawl, so he's a professional brawler. He's not an MMA fighter until he shows some skill in MMA.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hairs, we are here to split you.

Kimbo Slice fought in the UFC. He got paid for it. How can you not, then, classify him as a professional MMA fighter?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hairs, we are here to split you.

Kimbo Slice fought in the UFC. He got paid for it. How can you not, then, classify him as a professional MMA fighter?

Because he has very little skill and is a brawler? he is a paid UFC brawler lol.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because he has very little skill and is a brawler? he is a paid UFC brawler lol.

The UFC has others who are (in the opinion of various people) not very skilled, and the entire arena of MMA competition could easily be labeled brawling.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The UFC has others who are (in the opinion of various people) not very skilled, and the entire arena of MMA competition could easily be labeled brawling.

Every article about him describes him as a 'backyard' brawler lol, everyone knows that's what he is including him. He's entertaining, puts bums on seats which is what every promotion wants, he gets paid so it's win win except for the sport of MMA, it loses.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, Kimbo has improved his mma game dramatically in the last two years. I believe he currently trains with ATA or Americas Top Team one of the better mma training groups in the states.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's also called for steroids to be allowed. If he has to take steroids to fight then he's also a cheat.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
He's also called for steroids to be allowed. If he has to take steroids to fight then he's also a cheat.
But I didn't think strength or size mattered as long as you have good technique. [emoji12]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But I didn't think strength or size mattered as long as you have good technique. [emoji12]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Well yes, but look who wanted steroids made legal lol.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nah, he get paid to brawl, so he's a professional brawler. He's not an MMA fighter until he shows some skill in MMA.
He doesn't have to have skill to compete in MMA. Like you said in the McGregor thread: "It's just show business, folks."

Last edited:

Latest Discussions