Lurkers

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
hey, i just joined up... my training has taken a backseat over the Christmas hols (apart from solo drills and forms etc), so much so that i'm reduced to tackling people at soccer matches. :-( So coming in here and seeing so many ppls opinions on everything MA related is great... not sure where to start!

I train Chinese martial arts mostly (Ba gua zhang my main art, been doing it about 5 yrs now), but have recently been getting into Aikido as well. I love just grappling and sparring no-style too, but it's a bit hard to find partners sometimes.

Seeya round...

qi

curious

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey there! Even though I've posted a few time already this is my first time in the meet and greet forum. Believe it or not before making this post I was LURKING!!!!
icon11.gif
.......:rofl: Any other members do that??

F

foggymorning162

I admit it I'm a lurker I think I'll go introduce myself now.

iwingchun

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for your encouragement, i think it is working. Well i am up to the first level of wing chun and i like it very much!!

Good job:wink2:

diamondbar1971

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am not really sure, but isn't the quality of a post more important than the quanty of posts.

i pretty much just read what everyone else is talking about anymore. It seems on this site if someone dosen't like what you say, they give you a red rep. and the more posts you do the more rep power you get, regardless of if the post is of value or just rambling to get a post to get more rep power.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am not really sure, but isn't the quality of a post more important than the quanty of posts.

i pretty much just read what everyone else is talking about anymore. It seems on this site if someone dosen't like what you say, they give you a red rep. and the more posts you do the more rep power you get, regardless of if the post is of value or just rambling to get a post to get more rep power.

Well, I don't know why these last 2 posts are in the "lurkers" thread, but I disagree with the above statement. Quantity does not equal more rep, quality does.

Since the rep system was reset 3 months ago, it put everyone on level playing ground again. I once again see the cream rising to the top, not the person with the most posts. I also find that negative rep is rarely given just because "I don't like what you said". We are not going to agree on everything, it would be a boring forum if we did. Unless you are extremely rude or trolling/flaming, you are unlikely to get a neg rep just because someone "didn't like what you said."

You may find this thread of interest.

Now, back to the lurkers topic. Welcome to anyone venturing out of lurkdom. :)

Madmatt

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi to all
Dont think I am lurking but might if given half a chance. I am so new to this site, but not the Martial Arts. Hope to learn a thing or two and put my two cents in where I can.

Madmatt
Okinawa te

Windsinger

Green Belt
Reaction score
Or Grey 13.

Or Grey 17. It's missing, after all.

(Bayblon 5, anyone?) :D

I try to post as much as I reasonably can on forums. Sometimes I post things based on my opinion, as I may not have the actual facts at hand. But at least I'm smart enough to admit when I'm wrong if corrected.

Quick! To the Bat-Post!

ben.hellard

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't really consider myself as a "Lurker" because I believe the way to learn is to listen. I have been in Kempo since 1980. Still trying to learn. Ben Hellard

Shaolin Bushido

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
ha, just replying here as I have recently been fortunate enough to have my account re-opened. I have actually been logged on for an hour or so, just reading.

I'm not an expert and read more than post; I found a really interesting thread that I've been following all night. Anyways, hello ... and thank you for your help with my account, Admin!

job

White Belt
Reaction score
Don't know much about this forum. I responded to a post that spoke about Master Frank Masiello.(Gun Tau Ou der Master) My long time friend and instructor. I don't know if I am using this forum properly, so I am winging it. Many people were interested in what we do. I was looking to clarify.